Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Single Stan's and Multi Stan's: A few Questions

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Lily_Angel, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Lily_Angel

Lily_Angel Trainee

Student
    If you could take the time to answer a few questions that would be great!

1. How old are you? (if uncomfortable, you don't have to answer cx)
    2. What is your gender? (if uncomfortable, you don't have to answer cx)
    3. Are you a single stan or a multi stan?
    Single Stans
    4. If you are a single stan, which group do you stan? Also, why do you identify yourself as a single stan?
    5. If you are a single stan, do you believe that a multi stan who stans your group is not a true "stan"? If so, why?
    6. If you are a multi stan, which groups do you stan? Also, why do you identify yourself as a multi stan?
    7. As a single stan or a multi stan, do you feel threatened by people of the opposite spectrum? If so, why? (Aka: Single stan vs Multi stan)
    8. As a single or multi stan, have you ever been attacked by people of the opposite spectrum? Please share your experience (Aka. Single stan vs Multi stan).

All love to both single and multi stans, I'm just curious on a few things!

Also, if you don't feel comfortable answering in this forum, feel free to fill out this form for an anonymous option!

https://goo.gl/forms/spss2yF6cHfUUAU93

#1 Lily_Angel, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  2. BeeForTheHani

BeeForTheHani Rookie

Bread baker
    Multi
    Everyone in my sig, and there are multiple groups that appeal to me for both similar and different reasons, why limit myself to one group
    No
    No

3. Golden_Wishes

Golden_Wishes Rookie

Sarcastic Salad
    1. Multi Stan
    4. I Stan T-ARA, SNSD, F(X), Girl's Day etc... I identify as a multi Stan as I like a majority of their songs and their members
    5. I wouldn't say I feel threatened by solo Stans. Everyone starts off as I solo Stan. I just can't stand solo Stans who shit on every other groups
    6. Not that many, I think a lot of people have been told "They aren't a true stan" but I haven't experienced that yet
    Also, I'm a female. Didn't see that part:p

#3 Golden_Wishes, Sep 19, 2018
  4. ayeonbaek

ayeonbaek Public Figure

Promoting Baek A Yeon
    1. How old are you? I'll just give a range - 13-18
    2. What is your gender? Female
    3. Are you a single stan or a multi stan? Multi
    6. If you are a multi stan, which groups do you stan? Also, why do you identify yourself as a multi stan? Everyone in my sig, and probably more. I identify as a multi stan because I enjoy many groups and soloists, and stan many of them too.
    7. As a single stan or a multi stan, do you feel threatened by people of the opposite spectrum? If so, why? (Aka: Single stan vs Multi stan) No, not usually. However, if a single stan hates/bashes all other artists, then yes.
    8. As a single or multi stan, have you ever been attacked by people of the opposite spectrum? Please share your experience (Aka. Single stan vs Multi stan). No... I'm lucky I guess. I'm not on social media, so that's probably why.

yerewenseuljoy and Lily_Angel like this.
  5. dong_ii

dong_ii Rookie

1. How old are you? (if uncomfortable, you don't have to answer cx) 17
    2. What is your gender? (if uncomfortable, you don't have to answer cx) Male
    6. If you are a multi stan, which groups do you stan? Also, why do you identify yourself as a multi stan?
    TWICE, iKON, EXO, Red Velvet, EXID
    7. As a single stan or a multi stan, do you feel threatened by people of the opposite spectrum? If so, why? (Aka: Single stan vs Multi stan)
    Neh
    8. As a single or multi stan, have you ever been attacked by people of the opposite spectrum? Please share your experience (Aka. Single stan vs Multi stan).
    Neh

6. Queen

Queen Leader

Jihyo's gf & pro Chen stan
    1. How old are you? 22
    The ones in my Sig are my big ones but there's others I like a lot as well.
    7. As a single stan or a multi stan, do you feel threatened by people of the opposite spectrum? If so, why?
    Threatened no. Annoyed sometimes totally lol. Some people will say you aren't a true fan of a group bc you like multiple groups. There's also this stigma that we don't buy the groups merchandise so we are useless. My 4 and counting albums say otherwise to that stereotype lol
    8. As a single or multi stan, have you everbeen attacked by people of the oppositespectrum? Please share your experience
    I guess what I was saying above applies to this.

7. JoeGonnaRun

JoeGonnaRun Newbie

Scarecrow of Radish Field
    1. 25+
    2. Male
    3. Single-Stan
    4. My group is Mamamoo. I consider myself as single-stan as my view of a "Stan" is knowing everything about your Stan group: listen to the entire discography (I can tell the name of every song in 1st 10s), follow all fansites, know everything (possible) about your group member (birthday, height, weight :)), family, friends, personality, hobbies), knowing their schedule, saving all (possible) photos and videos, buy their albums. I only do that to MaMaMoo so... But I do listen to other groups' music, but limited to title only. I know other groups' member, face match with name, the end. I know things I need to know only, because many groups are my group's competition. Knowing your enemies of course.
    5. Im pretty open about multi Stan, as long as they don't rant on my group. I only manage to Stan one group because my style of stanning is quite dedicated in my own way. True fan or not, Im not the position to judge. As long as they pay attention to my group, do some streaming, voting, if buy albums, so good. I welcome all. I actually admire multi Stans because how can they manage their time to Stan so many groups.
    7. I don't understand clearly what do you mean by "Threaten"? As many people have said, usually multi Stans are attacked by solo Stan :))). If some Stan want me to Stan their group, it's really hard because I have my own standards.
    8. I've never been attacked by Multi-stan (consider they Stan my group). Even when I'm solo Stan, I rarely atk other groups (only attack their Stan lol).

#7 JoeGonnaRun, Sep 19, 2018
    yerewenseuljoy, dooh and Lily_Angel like this.
  8. Laroucelle

Laroucelle Trainee

1. How old are you? 19
    What is your gender? Female
    3. Are you a single stan or a multi stan? Single stan
    4. If you are a single stan, which group do you stan? Also, why do you identify yourself as a single stan? BTS, and I consider myself a single stan because BTS is the only group where I pay attention to the actual members, in stead of just the music. I listen to a lot of other groups, but I don't really know the actual personalities of the members and if I do, then not a lot.
    5. If you are a single stan, do you believe that a multi stan who stans your group is not a true "stan"? If so, why? No, they are just as valid. The mentality that if you are multi stan means you're fake as fuck, is so stupid and immature.
    7. As a single stan or a multi stan, do you feel threatened by people of the opposite spectrum? If so, why? Nope, lol. Single stans don't really get attacked, so I don't feel threatened. I DO feel bad for some of the multi stanners tho. (hang in there!!)
    8. As a single or multi stan, have you ever been attacked by people of the opposite spectrum? No. Like I explained above why. Also, I don't really interact a lot with other fans in the fandoms, only a select few I'm friends with.

9. pinzee

pinzee Rookie

1. How old are you?
    20+

2. What is your gender?
    F

Multi pass stan

Seventeen, Monsta X, BtoB. Seventeen was my gateway group, and so for a while I was a solo stan. Over time, Monsta X and BtoB have found their way into my heart.

I'm assuming I'm a multi stan, because I prioritize and seek out these 3 groups' content. If I see their names, that's an automatic click for me. If they come to my city, I'm gonna go see them, no questions asked.

7. As a single stan or a multi stan, do you feel threatened by people of the opposite spectrum? If so, why?
    No, but sometimes I personally feel like I'm not measuring up as a fan, because I'm not as fully immersed in content as a solo stan would be. My time and attention is split up amongst three groups, plus whatever else is happening in the kpop world.

8. As a single or multi stan, have you ever been attacked by people of the opposite spectrum? Please share your experience
    I have not yet encountered a toxic Melody, Monbebe, or Carat solo stan.

mirella likes this.
  10. keylover0923

keylover0923 Newbie

1. How old are you? 19

2. What is your gender?
    Female

multi stan

6. If you are a multi stan, which groups do you stan? Also, why do you identify yourself as a multi stan? I stan so many groups that a list would just waste space. I have albums from at least 10 different groups.

No

8. As a single or multi stan, have you ever been attacked by people of the opposite spectrum? Please share your experience.
    I haven't been. I hear that international fans aren't likely to be attacked for being multi fan but k-fans are called traitors and some foolishness like that

Sayuuu_29 likes this.
  11. wellisjustme

wellisjustme Trainee

1. How old are you? not to young, not to old
    3. Are you a single stan or a multi stan? a very happy multi stan
    6. If you are a multi stan, which groups do you stan? I stan Super Junior, SHINee, EXO, Red Velvet, NCT, Highlite, Infinite, BlackPink, Etc... Also, why do you identify yourself as a multi stan? because mostly i like their song and/or enjoy them as a group
    7. As a single stan or a multi stan, do you feel threatened by people of the opposite spectrum? No
    8. As a single or multi stan, have you ever been attacked by people of the opposite spectrum? I haven't, I don't really care.

12. chvnle

chvnle Newbie

3racha enthusiast
    neogotmybackculturethingstechtechonmymind
    1. How old are you?
    13 im an infant lmao
    2. What is your gender?
    female
    multi stan
    6. If you are a multi stan, which groups do you stan?
    i stan nct, stray kids, 3racha, got7, loona, seventeen, monsta x, mxm, twice, exo, the boyz, red velvet, exid, snsd, sf9, vixx, winner, blackpink, sistar, 2ne1, boy story, pentagon (bring edawn back bitch), triple h, bts' old music, SILVER F*CKING BOYS
    not really
    8. As a single or multi stan, have you ever been attacked by people of the opposite spectrum? Please share your experience
    nope, not really. im still fairly new to the kpop community

#12 chvnle, Sep 19, 2018
    mirella likes this.
  13. Jolly_J

Jolly_J Trainee

1. How old are you?
    2. What is your gender?
    female
    multi stan
    6. If you are a multi stan, which groups do you stan?
    I stan EXO, Ikon, Wanna One, Highlite, Got 7, Day 6, NU'EST, BlackPink.
    why do you identify yourself as a multi stan?
    Because I enjoy many groups and l like their song so I stan for many of them too.
    7. As a single stan or a multi stan, do you feel threatened by people of the opposite spectrum?
    Not really.

8. As a single or multi stan, have you ever been attacked by people of the opposite spectrum?
    Nope.

mirella likes this.
  14. Sayuuu_29

Sayuuu_29 Rookie

Self-proclaimed Neo City Mom
    1. How old are you? mid 20's xD
    3. Are you a single stan or a multi stan? Single stan
    4. If you are a single stan, which group do you stan? Also, why do you identify yourself as a single stan? I only stan NCT, which means when it comes to spending money, its only for them. Otherwise, I can listen to other groups music and as well as like them as much, but only can I spend my money on NCT.
    5. If you are a single stan, do you believe that a multi stan who stans your group is not a true "stan"? If so, why? A big NO. I have my own definition of what a "stan" is and I treat my nctzens mutuals as much like my best friends whether they are multi or solo. As long as they love nct, that's what all matters. And of course, I would even support them with their other groups (in streaming and voting)
    7. As a single stan or a multi stan, do you feel threatened by people of the opposite spectrum? If so, why? (Aka: Single stan vs Multi stan) NO. I mean why????? I feel threatened when they will personally attack me or my family and friends. I'm just enjoying my Kpop life, its nothing that deep to be honest.
    8. As a single or multi stan, have you ever been attacked by people of the opposite spectrum? Please share your experience (Aka. Single stan vs Multi stan). hmmmm, i might have been? or not? I dont actually keep tabs of such things. anyways, its not really a big deal for me. Although I do feel bad for the other party if they feel like that. I feel bad for them feeling bad about something I am not even feeling bad about. you know what I mean? xD

15. Riki_Lee

Riki_Lee Newbie

girl group trash
    What is your gender?
    Female

Are you a single stan or a multi stan?
    Multi

If you are a multi stan, which groups do you stan? Also, why do you identify yourself as a multi stan?
    BlackPink, Red Velvet, Twice, BTS, Momoland, G-Friend, G(Idle)
    *I love many groups mostly ggs

16. KaileeByun

KaileeByun Trainee

1. 18-25
    2. Female
    3. Multi stan

EXO, BTS, Big Bang, Blackpink, Super Junior, Red Velvet, Twice, Oh My Girl, Ladies Code, Loona, Momoland, 2NE1. I identify as a multi stan simply because I love each group and the music they create. I follow each of these groups and would consider myself apart of the fandom for each group.

I don't feel threatened by single stans. I have no problem if someone wants to be a single stan. However I hope they don't feel that they cannot love another group or enjoy music from another group simple because it is not the group they stan. You absolutely can enjoy music from multiple groups and love different groups at the same time, it doesn't make you any less of a fan to your bias group.

8. As a single or multi stan, have you ever been attacked by people of the opposite spectrum? No never

17. Bebe

Bebe Rookie

a girl

multi stan

SWEATS IN A VERY LONG LIST OF GIRL GROUPS

I don't feel threatened

I find more single stans are quite rude and obnoxious whenever I try to even speak about other groups

mirella likes this.
  18. centen

centen Notable

1. Late 20s
    2. Female
    3. Multi
    6. FT Island, Big Bang, Orange Caramel, DGNA, Mamamoo, EXID, and an assortment of soloists are my big ones.
    7. No. Do whatever you want.
    8. No.

mirella likes this.
  19. mirella

mirella Notable

rap enthusiast
    1. X
    2. female
    3. multi
    6. I stan Block B, Mamamoo, BEG, BTOB, EXO, BTS, iKON, EXID, and f(x). I don't want to limit myself to just stanning one group, as all my bias groups have something different to offer.
    7. No, I'm fine with single stans unless they are close-minded pricks who don't think I'm a real fan.
    8. ^^ those are rare occasions thankfully.

20. Minyoongimin

Minyoongimin Newbie

Loving all my biases
    1. 21

2. Female

3. Multi all the wayyy!!!

6. I stan almost every group. I couldn't name all of them. I signify myself as a multi because I enjoy every group female or male, it doesn't matter to me, GOOD MUSIC IS MUSIC.

7 & 8. No