Should KPOP companies release photocard sets?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by bartkun, Oct 30, 2020.

?

Should KPOP companies release photocard sets?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bartkun

bartkun Leader

Currency:
    I was thinking about it for a long time, and there are still some groups that either only get 1 mini or 1 mini + 1 digital single per year. Some of them even get only 1 album version, and we all know that fans love photocards, they literally crave for them...

So I was wondering why labels just can't release either seasonal or like half of year photocard sets? Let's say 10 or 15 USD for either individual expanded set for each member or one Photocard Box Set with let's say 3 photocards per member (or 2 if group has big number of members).

As an example I will use here something a bit different but many people from Europe will recognize it right away. Football Panini Stickers. This actually give you a glimpse how it could work. Panini also sells album, it's like blank but has separate sections etc. later on kids are opening stickers and placing them in right spots in album. It's hella fun for kids believe me, I was doing it myself for all big competitions like Euro or World Cup.
    They now also made stickers and trading cards for Fifa PC/PSX/XBOX games.

Now KPOP companies could use it in similar way but album will be nicely made, group themed, and inside will be like transparent with pouches, and sections. Or it could be like a book with some information and separate space to place photocards. Below you have some examples of multiple ways those cards could be sold.

Let's be honest if someone is into photocards and for best he can find only 4 of them in one music album when he pays 15 USD for it then I believe that in this "waiting period/hiatus" between releases fans will love to buy those photocards, and it's great because there would be none royalties to pay songwriters, music producers etc. if company is smart then they can earn tons of money this way.

panini.jpg
    box.jpg cards.jpg

KiKi234 and salty-sugar like this.
  2. salty-sugar

salty-sugar CUBE Insider

Currency:
    Nevie with Blades
    Good Idea! I hope K/DA will release something like that.

bartkun likes this.
  3. xx-jenn-xx

xx-jenn-xx .•♫•♬• ᴀᴛɪɴʏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ •♬•♫•.

Currency:
    ♥ ᴀᴛɪɴʏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ ♥
    in the cd's its usually 1 or 2 random ones it'd be nice if we could get them all or like special cd's or dvd's for example the ateez dvd only came with 1 photocard it would have been nice if all 8 could have been there. people are reselling the cards for as much as the dvd it's like i might as well go buy another dvd to try for another member :(

shirosaiki and bartkun like this.
  4. bartkun

bartkun Leader

Currency:
    that number depends on group... for example IZ*ONE "Oneiric Diary" album had 2 random photocards (24 possible) and 1 AR photocard (12 possible).

xx-jenn-xx likes this.
  5. idontsleep

idontsleep Celebrity

Currency:
    Catch 'em all kpop version :angryr:

6. xx-jenn-xx

xx-jenn-xx .•♫•♬• ᴀᴛɪɴʏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ •♬•♫•.

Currency:
    ♥ ᴀᴛɪɴʏ ǫᴜᴇᴇɴ ♥
    depends on that and pre-orders play a part as well. sometimes you get an extra with pre-orders but with 8 members yeah its mostly 1 though ateez has been kind enough to give you a group photocard and 1 member in almost every album. I say this because there's times i got an album where it was 1 random member or group and i got the group

shirosaiki likes this.
  7. minahsempoi

minahsempoi Leader

Currency:
    SNSD and KARA both did Star Cards and were massively successful at that time

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

bartkun likes this.
  8. idontsleep

idontsleep Celebrity

Currency:
    Oh and Twice had something like this too

or for Twicelights Tour
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Summer Pop-Up Store "Twaii's Shop"
    [​IMG]

bartkun likes this.
  9. bartkun

bartkun Leader

Currency:
    I saw a few of them and it looks very nice but what is like a pattern here is that only top groups release this kind of merch, and in my opinion with how kpop has changed in recent years more groups even smaller ones should do it and use it as a source of income/revenue.

idontsleep likes this.
  10. idontsleep

idontsleep Celebrity

Currency:
    I agree but maybe it's not really worth for them. Big groups do it cuz they can mass produce it and the cost probably is low.

11. KiKi234

KiKi234 @Married to RunOutOfIdeas

Currency:
    Mrs. Park Tofu
    I guess because they want to drive album sales. If the photocards were available to purchase separately then fans won´t buy multiple copies in hope to get their bias or to collect all of them lol

lynkp likes this.