Should Dreamcatcher go for cute or sexy in the future?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by weirdchubbygirl, Jul 28, 2017.

1. weirdchubbygirl

weirdchubbygirl Trainee

Currency:
    Do you think Dreamcatcher should go for cute or sexy in the future or stick with their rock style that they have been releasing? I think that Dreamcatcher should just stick with what they've been releasing so far because this is what makes them different and unique from other girl groups and I like it. Although, if they ever decide to switch things up and want to go for cute or sexy then I won't stop them. They could pull it off, who knows? I like that their music isn't "cute" or "sexy". It sounds anime-ish and even what they wear isn't cute or sexy. Also their choreography isn't cute or sexy either.

The only thing I want to complain about is their clothing. I'm not fond of their clothing and why do they always have to wear identical clothing? Each of them should wear a different design that goes with their theme. Maybe that's just me.

CHASE ME
    [​IMG]
    GOOD NIGHT
    [​IMG]
    FLY HIGH
    [​IMG]
    I still like them and their music though. Keep doing your thing, Dreamcatcher. They're cool. Go check them out if you haven't. They slay :)

anat4ever and xbunni_desix like this.
  2. Abeamus

Abeamus Married to @Couponski

Currency:
    [​IMG]

Adu likes this.
  3. ychofficial

ychofficial Celebrity

Currency:
  4. Serge

Serge Trainee

Currency:
    They should stay like they are. Their dark, horror movie style is what make them radical and unique

but if they change, they HAVE to pick sexy first

doing cute would be a mistake, considering their current style

you cant go from horror to cute right off the bat, fans would hate that

v_anya likes this.
  5. realTopKpop

realTopKpop Newbie

Currency:
    I think they should stay with their rock theme. I agree it is definitely what makes them different. It is also what will make it a bit harder for them to be big because it seems like a bit more of a niche. But I really like it. Their sound is so nice to hear because it is more unique, especially compared to a lot of groups who sound more similar, not really being all that different you know? I know a lot of groups that use the same outfits like Gfriend, SNSD, AOA, etc...so there is no surprise there. Their outfits are different sometimes when they stick closer to their darker music video themes. I don't know, I like them. I hope they do well. I enjoy listening to their stuff and their videos are always just a little bit creepy/dark seeming which is very different.

If they did change their concept I would also go towards sexy - but dark sexy, not just sexy to be sexy, sexy for a reason and dark to stay true to their original concepts and what makes them different.

oxymorac likes this.
  6. Mai_Turn

Mai_Turn Maichu ^-^
    Events Team .

Currency:
    Incle♥Mapsi♥Carat♥GalaxZ
    If they want to try other concepts, I totally fine with it :)!
    Though I really like their unique concept the most ^^

Adu likes this.
  7. Baltax

Baltax Super Rookie

Currency:
    No.

Although, If they can give me sexy + rock, I'll be here it.

8. Yabs_Trash

Yabs_Trash A-List

Currency:
    BANA
    Dark Sexy: yes
    Cute: Hell no

9. Xadne

Xadne Idol

Currency:
    They should keep the rock, maybe add a little dark sexy to it if they want to (like in their dance practice to Partition)

10. ToangKyungtwerk

ToangKyungtwerk Trainee

Currency:
    I sure hope not because I'm loving what they've released so far. It's be hard for them to hit it big but I think if they go with a more softer song that still has rock in it they could possibly hit it big.

11. Glensather

Glensather Rookie

Currency:
    Tewi's Chewtoy
    I want them to ascend to their true forms and literally become Satanic GFriend.

oxymorac likes this.
  12. alicehalf

alicehalf Rookie

Currency:
    I think they are already cute, they approximatively looks like japanese dolls.
    Maybe more tortured girl crush.
    They should try f(x) Red Light concept.

13. sirsans

sirsans Super Rookie

Currency:
    They already had identity.

14. moorg

moorg Super Rookie

Currency:
    They already do other concepts....

Just not as a title track.

15. anat4ever

anat4ever Celebrity

Currency:
    shortest AKP user
    I like rocker chic (or whatever it's called)
    Their outfits were bearable before. What is with the outfits this cb. Such downgrade

16. Skinner17

Skinner17 Public Figure

Currency:
    can they evolve into this?

[​IMG]
    sexy gothic lolita with bdsm inspired outfit.

17. Dark_Moon

Dark_Moon Newbie

Currency:
    About that, here is the fragment of a recent interview where our girls talked about that topic :)
    -------
    [SE★INTERVIEW 2] Dreamcatcher: "We want to continue with ROCK genre...Do girl groups have to be always cute or sexy?"

ℹ [Seoul Economy] In the music industry, there are different obstacles to overcome to attract the attention of the public to even think of "touch the top", it has to be something different that allows you to survive in this business.

Dreamcatcher has survived that, and is receiving significant attention because of its distinctive character and vision of the world.

Secondly, on this 3rd musical production, Dreamcatcher has begun to grow a little more, making them see what all the sweat spilled has been worth it. Anyone could do it, but I personally think it's something that no one else would have been able to dare to try.

JiU ': "It's a fact, it's not easy to survive in the music industry when you are carry a concept, and of course, there are challenges physically more difficult compared to what other girl groups have, but I feel happy about what we can show our stage in this way. If the choreography is difficult, the emotion we feel is greater. We all like our vision of nightmare's world."

SuA: "I had never thought of trying a concept like this, so I consider what the public is interested in knowing what we can offer. In my particular case, I was more aware of these details when I was a 'brighter' girl. The songs are more powerful and the rhythm more intense, and gives me a different appearance and energy. It looks good, because it looks natural. "

ℹ Above all, fans encourage Dreamcatcher to continue with the Rock genre. At the Rock Festival in Jeonju at the beginning of the month, the group had an exceptional performance on stage, being accompanied by a band. Dreamcatcher is on a different path from other female groups. However, the girls commented: "Why should a female group have to be only cute or sexy?"

Dami: "I've been wondering why a lot of people think that female groups should be only pure or sexy. I think all girls are capable of playing different genres. There are many styles that have not yet been shown, and I would like to see more girls trying, not only Dreamcatcher."

GaHyeon: "There is a group that try 'cute' concept for first time, and a group that try 'sexy' concept for first time. Now, we are the first female group working with the genre of Rock. And if some junior groups try with this genre after us, doesn't it mean that the genre is becoming a little more popular?"

Siyeon: "There are some of our songs that aren't Rock at all. We have plans to work with more genres in the future, but personally, I would like to continue with Rock as much as possible. Even fans have told us what they would like us to continue with Rock ."

Source: Naver
    http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=011&aid=0003091942