Sharing some taste pt.8

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by NBW, Sep 6, 2019.

?

what are your thoughts about it?

1. tasty

2. trash

3. decent

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    One of the best songs I've heard this year. Shoutout to @vaahiny for sharing her taste with me. Now it's my turn to keep the train going

I've got the song pretty fresh in my mind, so there is a lot more than usual I wanna talk about
    First the song starts with a synth used on mostly ambiental music, constantly on the background, sliding and going off key at the end. Makes you feel like dazed and lost
    Lyrics are really interesting and everyone can have their take on them, but for me Sumin's is talking about how it's hard to trust yourself, how it's hard to trust others and how we all get this mixed feelings, the typical "should I stay or should I go?" situation
    The first 2 verses are important tho "I don't sleep, I can dream"
    Now also considering the title of the song and instrumental, Sumin might be lost in her feelings and not being able to talk to a guy, even tho she loves him and wants to be with him
    Open your ears to how the instrumental suddenly adds more elements as it goes, making it seem that she's more aware of where she is or more confident in herself
    Also the brilliant detail for music geeks that when the bass is introduced, a very low register bass actually, she starts to sing way higher. Such a beautiful contrast between both
    Then we get this break in the tempo, just before the chorus start. I see it as the moment she realizes that she shouldn't be afraid of showing her feelings. She starts asking herself various questions, sort of like "if I didn't doubt myself, what could I do?" and slowly turning into her answering herself, sort of like "I can do whatever we want, if I believe in myself"

Then Part 2 comes
    At first listen those flute synths gave me a butterflies in the stomach feel. The overall aura is a lot more bright and the being lost feeling dissapears
    The beat has a way more funkier bass and tempo is completely different
    She talks about her "Love Dance" with the guy and what she feels when she is with him

Song is finished with her saying "Dream" multiple times
    So now that I layed it all out and can even think a bit more about it, it looks like Sumin is just laying in bed, not being able to sleep cause she can't stop thinking about a guy. She then starts dreaming about what could happen if she believed in herself. She pictures this "Love Dance" with the guy and also slightly says how it's hurting her, that she sorta feels trapped into having to dream to be happy

That's my take on it. Thanks again to @vaahiny
    Tell me what you guys think

Other parts

#1 NBW, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. gemiyuna

gemiyuna Married to @Burrito

Currency:
    your taste!! <3 :waterr:

NBW and Tuturuu like this.
  3. begginforthread

begginforthread Celebrity

Currency:
    Cunt
    Very nice

NBW and Tuturuu like this.
  4. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Public Figure

Currency:
    Those high notes are wild. The change in the second part is so nice, it makes the song very exciting.
    The instrumental in the first half makes me a bit uneasy in a good way? I don't know why but it reminds me of this music I dreamed of one time, super specific, I know. I like instrumentals that make me a bit uneasy, that's why I like even the most chaotic music Emilie Autumn makes lmao.

You're really knowledgeable about music! Are you in the music industry or do you have any musical training? Or are you just super passionate about it?

vaahiny and NBW like this.
  5. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    I've been involved with music since like 4. Almost 20 years... so I guess I know a thing or two
    [​IMG]

I knew you would like this one :):p

Tuturuu and gemiyuna like this.
  6. vaahiny

vaahiny Trendsetter

Currency:
    eating ants
    wwaaaah I'm so happy you likr it, it's one of the best project of the year for me, even if from this album I'm more of a Bee lover hehe
    Did ou ckecked her first ep ? super good too, I recommand I hate you

NBW likes this.
  7. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    I'll check it out later. Been kinda busy these days, so I only listened to her more recent album. I'll listen to it as soon as I can

vaahiny likes this.