Sharing some taste pt.7

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by NBW, Sep 6, 2019.

?

what are your thoughts about it?

1. tasty

2. trash

3. decent

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    Having a lot more songs I wanna share, this time I decided to go for a very well known artist
    One of the songs that grabbed me into loving Mamamoo, "Words Don't Come Easy" is another jazz influence song (I love jazz, if you guys didn't notice) that focus more on the vocals. The production is actually quite complex, but it fits so well in one piece it doesn't get in the way
    Song starts with a 30 sec instrumental... how many times you hear that in kpop? Unique right from the start
    The vocals and the breathy tone Wheein, Solar and Hwasa use is sensual and calls for your attention, while the lyrics confirm that's what they were going for. Brilliant performance vocally
    The use of english on the chorus is also very smart. Makes the song catchier and more appealing to international listeners
    The bridge is amazing. First Moonbyul gives us a "break", which was needed imo and performs one of my favorite verses from her, then we get an instrumental break, something you don't see a lot in kpop. That makes me love the song even more
    This and many other things put this song on my list of favorites all time

Other parts

#1 NBW, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    Tuturuu likes this.
  2. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Public Figure

Currency:
    A song I actually know

The instrumental intro caught me by surprise, it's so atypical to k-pop.
    It feels like music I would like to start my day to. Hwasa's voice really suits the song.

Moonbyul made the rap work so well, she upped the dynamic of the song but didn't go too far. The vibe of the song still remained the same.

gemiyuna and NBW like this.
  3. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    Yeh I think Imma also share some popular ones. For sure there are people that don't know about some of those songs as well

Moonbyul can rap over any beat and not mess it up. Not a lot of idols have that ability, usually they stay on the same style. She's one of the best for a reason

edit: also thinking of making the titles "sharing some taste with Tuturuu" since you are the only one actually seeing this lol

Tuturuu likes this.
  4. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Public Figure

Currency:
    Lmao I'm happily a regular!

Yes, Moonbyul's rapping really deserves more praise. Her tone is wonderful, which is of course the foundation of it all, but so is her flow, rhythm and delivery. Mamamoo's instrumental at first glance may not be ideal for rapping and at times it may seem to even clash, but Moonbyul makes it work. A lot of rappers can't deliver an energetic delivery without making it overly aggressive, she covers that really well which is precisely how she can mix a gentler melody with her style of rapping.

NBW likes this.
  5. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    Only the best can do such thing. Exy and LE are too good examples as well. WJSN did so many concepts already and Exy is yet to disappoint me. Same with EXID and LE. I think that's what puts them ahead of other great rappers. They are very diverse

Tuturuu likes this.
  6. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Public Figure

Currency:
    Loco is a great rapper in that sense. I was introduced to him through his work with Hwasa. He has amazing versatility once you explore his work more

NBW likes this.
  7. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    I'm a big fan of Loco. Maybe I'll share some taste in the future xD

Tuturuu likes this.