Sharing some taste pt.14

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by NBW, Sep 11, 2019.

?

what are your thoughts about it?

1. tasty

2. trash

3. decent

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    This is one of those songs where, even tho the production is elite, I wanna focus on other aspects

First, the message of this song is relatable to most people. That alone gives the song a good chance of being a favorite of fans
    It's hard in todays world to be your true self, but that's who you are supposed to be. Don't let others change who you are

Another thing I love on this song... Gugudan has, without a doubt in my mind, one of the best vocal lines in Kpop right now. We may discuss that their best vocalist is not insane status, but they have a solid vocal core
    In this song we get a taste of those vocals and how unique and versatile everyones voice is

Mina's rap for me is the proof "idol rappers" can improve to be actually good at it. I won't say she's incredible, but you can see how she improved and is now doing good rap verses, instead of just the usual rap idol 3 sec verse

Now a quick production evaluation. Love how they use to guitar, some sax and this funky piano to add some flavor to the song. Not sure if the bass is real, but the rest sounds amazing
    Also like the chorus division in 2 parts, just like I talked in the previous part

That's it. Hope you like this one

Other Parts

#1 NBW, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Public Figure

Currency:
    I was studying for exams so I was MIA.

Mina's rap is fire, I almost wish the entire song was just her rapping :merongk: The song was decent but she made it into a great one. It's a very sweet and motivational song so I enjoyed the lyrics

Sunmis_elven_ear and NBW like this.
  3. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    yeh I loved her rapping. Was honestly surprised when they dropped this album. Need me a Gugudan comeback. It's been a while. Almost a year now

Also I uploaded this 3 parts in a row, but not a soul gave af lol

good luck with your exams btw

Tuturuu likes this.
  4. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Public Figure

Currency:
    I went through all of them now, it was a really nice selection and I enjoyed your thoughts a lot. Sadly, k-pop fans tend to focus only on big acts and very rarely want to explore further...but the right people really enjoy your threads!

Thanks dear, I pulled an all night studying while sick and I'm very tired.

Sunmis_elven_ear and NBW like this.
  5. vaahiny

vaahiny Trendsetter

Currency:
    eating ants
    "be myself"
    this delirium must stop one day... it is a sentence that is thrown out without even thinking about it, as if there were a single truth, a simple face or answer to the many facets and inconsistencies that a human being is.
    What is the self?
    What is it to be me?
    We can't just sing "wowowowowww I want to be myself, let me, you left-wing pedalos" and hope that's enough.
    it doesn't mean anything.

anyway, without focusing on the average and wannabe deep and relatable (fail), the song is good, not my style for some reason, I love the melody on the chorus.

NBW likes this.
  6. vaahiny

vaahiny Trendsetter

Currency:
    eating ants
    btw from this album I prefer this one (it feels very red velvet imo, ft clc) even if I do cringe on some parts

I love how they switch the key from the verse to the prechorus, the chorus is super average tho, I know what they were going for but it's a bit failed to me

Gugudan is a great group

NBW likes this.
  7. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    I think it's not that deep. The lyrics bring some happiness to people that are not the most confident about themselves. It's not gonna change society, but if it changes a persons day it's for the best. These songs are targetting individuals, not trying to fix a society problem
    And I bet you someone has felt more confident, even if it was just while listening to the song and that to me proves it's a well written song. It doesn't have to be deep to make a difference

The "Be Myself" thing for me is: I'm gonna focus on me and not on what others might think of me, I'm gonna accept my insecurities, I'm not gonna change to fit in some group...
    It's positive thinking and idk I think you are looking at it with a negative perspective. Is it some situation you happened to be in before, where this was refered?

I was gonna talk and probably will in the future about that song and "Dear". Just choosed this one, cause I didn't feel like explaining production stuff today and I wanted to share the message of this song, but you didn't love it ig

vaahiny likes this.
  8. vaahiny

vaahiny Trendsetter

Currency:
    eating ants
    Oh no, it was just a rant about the "be myself", "let me be me" mantra that goes around everywhere, making the sentence empty and thoughless, I took this song for example, but a much better one would be the love myself series by bts.
    Indeed this song has no other purpose than lifing the mood of its listeners (doesn't change the fact that be myself is still an empty and meaningless sentence), but for ly albums, it's much worse as their intention was to really dive in the subject, and imo, they failed to talk truly about it.
    As individuals are what composed the society, I don't think it's the best argument even if I do understand what you mean.
    (I don't get the part that I "bolded" sorry O^O, what kind of situation are u talking about?)
    It's a great album, please do !!!
    (abt be myself) it' not that I don't like the song, it's well made, just that the lyrics are unpleasing to me, just like forever young by bp, the difference being I don't like the song tho.
    (abt shotgun) I do like it tho, just the chorus is not well lead imo, and it's not about it being tone down, I love zimzalabim~

NBW likes this.
  9. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    Idk I just don't see myself looking at things that way. I look at those actions from artists and don't really think "can they do more?". I'm just glad they are touching those subjects, even if they only change someones mood for the day
    That's why I asked the bolded part, cause of my views upon it. I don't see myself criticing those sort of things, cause at least they are doing something. I critic the ones who don't do it, but I give you your point and maybe they could've touched the subject a different way. I'm still just glad they went for the approach

abt the songs, I'll keep this series going for sure, even tho it's not getting much praise. I'll add you to the taglist if you are interested

vaahiny likes this.
  10. vaahiny

vaahiny Trendsetter

Currency:
    eating ants
    (I still don't understand what your originale suestion was lmao but anyway forget itO^O)
    Well, I'm happy for people being touched by this kind of views, but it don't go far enpugh for me, it's a bit too empty for me; but books are indeed a better way to coney thougts on such interesting and complex question.
    I'm just thinking about the song oceania by björk and how in a few lines she convey so much toughts and power about genres and identity~
    yeah sure, will love too ~ We have a bit of a simiar taste I guess

Zuko1 and NBW like this.
  11. Zuko1

Zuko1 Celebrity

Currency:
    Decent song but not my style. I liked Mina's rap. You were right about the production quality, it was great.

NBW likes this.
  12. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    Glad you can at least appreciate something about it. That's what I try to do with most songs, even those that are not my style

Zuko1 likes this.
  13. YujaJinsoo

YujaJinsoo Married to @Multi_Smile

Currency:
    Eating
    i would safely say that this group as a full in terms of vocal is above average ( B+ ) , Mamamoo is like ( A ) if we want to take them as an example
    Mina rap is great and i always had hope in her to be great and her tone is special and i like it
    the song is great af

NBW likes this.
  14. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)
    imo Gugudan vocal line is overlooked most of the time. Nayoung has probably the most unique tone in Kpop right now, Sejeong is Sejeong, Haebin and Soyee are like Dawon and Soobin but in Gugudan lol Then Hana and Mimi are also pretty solid vocalists and surprise me in some songs
    Didn't choose the best song to showcase the vocals, but I'll talk more about them in the future

YujaJinsoo likes this.
  15. YujaJinsoo

YujaJinsoo Married to @Multi_Smile

Currency:
    Eating
    agree with you about everything you just mentioned
    im looking for that :)

NBW likes this.
  16. NBW

NBW Married to @Taeri

Currency:
    Kpop addict (needs help)