Sharing some taste pt.13

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by NBW, Sep 8, 2019.

Tags:
?

what are your thoughts about it?

1. tasty

2. trash

3. decent

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. NBW

NBW Public Figure

Kpop addict (needs help)
    Imma share one of my favorite kpop songs ever, by my favorite group ever. Maybe a few of you know this one already, but here it goes

The starting 3 sec may not sound important, but that kids playing sound is now used for nostalgic purposes, on other songs WJSN released after "Happy Moment" dropped... just a quick fun fact lol

As some of you like, I'm gonna say a few things I love about this song. If you wanna know more, just ask me for it after
    One is the intro instrumental. I talked about already how those intros let the vibe of the song settle really well and on this one they use real instruments, which it's a super plus PLUS to me. You got guitar, you got bass, you got trumpets, you got trombones, you got violins... synths can be great, but nothing can beat some good instrument playing
    Also listen carefully at 0:15 and the "riff" they play... boy that s*** so good. They play a bunch of ascending triplets and then you are expecting (at least I was) the girls to sing high, but Seola comes with a relatively low vocal. That's how you mess with a musicians mind lol
    I also love the synth that sounds like a futuristic gun. Great detail, cause it's in their album cover and used in multiple songs this album... another fun fact xD
    Also open your ears and listen to how killer this bass player is. Despite all the layers of sound, I still get stuck listening to the bass sometimes
    Overall, the vocal melodies are incredible and great job to the producers. They multiple times go to keys you are not expecting, especially on the "Ai Ai" parts, in the chorus
    You get the usual cut on the second chorus. WJSN do that pretty often. They write a 2 part chorus, sing the 2 parts in the 1st, cut one in the 2nd and then finish the song with both again. GFriend and April I know also do that sometimes
    Love the detail of them messing with Dayoung's vocal in the end of the song. Just to get some variety to finish it out

Then from a fan standpoint, this bridge + last chorus is stupid good. It shows how great their vocalists are
    Not gonna fanboy too much, cause I would talk all day

Tell me what you think and if you don't like it, try not to hurt me too much

#1 NBW, Sep 8, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    gemiyuna, Wench, Zuko1 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Public Figure

Very tasty! I loved your analysis, thanks for the hard work you put into all of this.

Wow that's a groovy song in the beginning. I am a casual music listener so I have difficulty making out different instruments even though I try :oops: But your guide helped follow them somewhat . The ending vocal is super cute, I love it.
    I adore the part from 1:44 to the next chorus. It's super pleasant, almost reminds me of a nice shoujo opening. It has that exact energy.

I was a bit in a poor mood but this song made me happy so thank you! I think I'll keep listening to it

gemiyuna, Zuko1 and NBW like this.
  3. NBW

NBW Public Figure

Kpop addict (needs help)
    there was actually a thread a few weeks back asking "what songs you listen to lift your mood?" and this was one of my choices, along with another one on this album. Not gonna tell you which tho xD I may talk about it in the future
    it was very hard choosing what song from WJSN to do

Tuturuu likes this.
  4. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Public Figure

I typically listen to sad songs when I'm sad lol It makes me even more miserable but it's cathartic. These days I listen to

a lot when I'm in a bad mood. 2NE1 gets all the emotions right

NBW likes this.
  5. NBW

NBW Public Figure

Kpop addict (needs help)
    mine is this one, but for personal reasons

Tuturuu likes this.
  6. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Public Figure

Oh I love that song. Brings back some memories, a family member used to listen to it a lot.

NBW likes this.
  7. NBW

NBW Public Figure

Kpop addict (needs help)
    Pink Floyd are one of my favorite bands ever. I got like 6-7 vinyls from them. I only listen to them when I'm drunk or sad tho, or both xD

Zuko1 and Tuturuu like this.
  8. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Public Figure

Hopefully you don't listen to them often then! At least for the sad part lol.

This is my wine music, it fits super well.

NBW likes this.
  9. NBW

NBW Public Figure

Kpop addict (needs help)
    to Pink Floyd I do... the vinyls no xD
    yeh it has that sitting drinking vibe. I used to drink in an irish bar. It had this type of vibe

Tuturuu likes this.
  10. NBW

NBW Public Figure

Kpop addict (needs help)
    btw listen to this. I was listening to it just now and the vibe is not that different. It's more of a going camping one lol
    Should I do like some versions of the taste thing with other genres?

Zuko1 and Tuturuu like this.
  11. Tuturuu

Tuturuu Public Figure

This fits the camping vibe super well! I'll remember to play it when I go on a roadtrip the next time. It seems like it would perfectly fit the intro of a coming of age movie, summer vacation or something like that. Led Zeppelin will always be that band.

Oh yeah, I'd definitely be into it. I'm down for whichever genre, my music taste is pretty broad

Zuko1 and NBW like this.
  12. Zuko1

Zuko1 Celebrity

This song was not really my taste. I voted decent. Thanks for the analysis and thread.

NBW likes this.
  13. NBW

NBW Public Figure

Kpop addict (needs help)
    I think some of this "cute" songs people will not like. I find them very interesting, so I hope the analysis makes people listen with more attention and without biased feelings
    Let's see if I can find something you might like. I'm trying to vary a lot on songs, styles and artists, since I listen to a bit of everything

Zuko1 likes this.
  14. YujaJinsoo

YujaJinsoo Super Rookie

Eating
    i dont stan WJSN that much , but their vocals are on point specially the trio ( Dawon , Soobin and Yeonjung ) plus seola , the song is really great

NBW likes this.
  15. NBW

NBW Public Figure

Kpop addict (needs help)
    glad you like it. Surely will talk about a lot more songs from them in the future. Maybe you'll become a fan by then

YujaJinsoo likes this.
  16. YujaJinsoo

YujaJinsoo Super Rookie

Eating
    if you are talking about you then im already :p :p
    this is time i hear from this artist tho
    add me to the tag list next time please :p :p i want to hear more of your taste and dont want to miss it

NBW likes this.
  17. NBW

NBW Public Figure

Kpop addict (needs help)
    I'll do. Any other genres you are interested in? I might do a few parts talking about other styles of music and I know most of the people on the tag list like a bit of everything

YujaJinsoo likes this.
  18. YujaJinsoo

YujaJinsoo Super Rookie

Eating
    i really like ballads and i like OSTs sometimes , im gonna give you 2 videos i really like ( OST )

BEEEEEN is just one of the most chilling voices in this world , daamn , and btw , if you like k drama , this is recommended one :)

The chorus is just so daamn good
    recommended drama too :p

NBW likes this.
  19. NBW

NBW Public Figure

Kpop addict (needs help)
    that's still the same genre, but whatever... I'll just share it and if you don't like you'll tell me why lol
    I'll share a few songs in a bit. Just playing guitar a bit right now

YujaJinsoo likes this.