Sad to Swallow Pills #1 SOLJI

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Hopkinz, May 17, 2019.

1. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Icon

Currency:
    This is going to be a series of threads where I post information about Kpop stars that will make you sad. I thought I would spend the first thread talking about the difficult life of EXID's main vocal, Solji. [​IMG]
    Solji debuted long ago. I'm talking before SNSD! She was in a nugu duo called 2nb that debuted in 2006.
    [​IMG]
    The duo lasted for about 6 years before they ultimately disbanded. Solji then became a vocal coach, probably not expecting to return to the performing industry. But then, 3 members of EXID had to withdraw from the group because they were under a different contract, including Uji, their main vocal. Thus she was added to replace her and became a member of EXID for their first comeback
    [​IMG]
    Despite having two really great songs (I Feel Good and Every Night) EXID just didn't seem to catch on. They ended up taking a two year hiatus and their agency threatened disbandment if their next comeback, Up & Down did not chart well. And honestly, they probably wouldn't...
    [​IMG]
    But then! A fancam of Hani went viral and the general public got introduced to EXID and really enjoy the song! Months after it's initial release, the song climbed all the way to #1 on the charts and they eventually got their first music show win!
    [​IMG]
    And EXID had more to deliver! They released hit after hit and proved that they were not only a one hit wonder, but a top tier girl group.
    [​IMG]
    Then things took a turn. Just as EXID was getting very popular, Solji got diagnosed with a serious thryoid disease which made it impossible for her to promote in the group without damaging her health. Thus EXID had to carry on as a quartet without Solji
    [​IMG]
    Rumors started circulating that Solji was taking advantage of the other members and had no intentions of returning to EXID (despite constantly showing as much support as she could). Actual fans worried that her illness might prevent her from ever returning to the group while others hoped that one day she would. After about two years being absent from group promotions...
    [​IMG]
    Solji is back and better than ever! She had completely recovered from her thyroid disease and was ready to promote with EXID again. Unfortunately, while the comeback did decently on the charts and sold fairly well, it became evident that EXID's popularity was on the decline. I Love you became their first comeback since Up&Down that did not get a music show win.
    [​IMG]
    Just as Solji returns to the group, their contracts are coming to an end. Sadly, the members decided that it would be best to go their separate ways and disband (they're making it clear that they haven't disbanded, but with members pursuing different careers and joining different labels, a comeback is very unlikely). They decided to make one last comeback together before their contracts ended.
    [​IMG]
    And here we are. It's unclear what the future hold for Solji, she decided to stay with her current label along with groupmates Hyelim and LE). It's likely that she will debut solo soon (assuming Banana gives her the respect she deserves. And that's the story of Solji's career. There have been many ups and downs along the way, but she's kept a smile on her face the whole time and has constantly been there for the fans. Thank you for everything Solji!

Also this post will be at the bottom of all sad to swallow pill threads
    [​IMG]

#1 Hopkinz, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
    magito, Zuko1, Minghao_life and 3 others like this.
  2. SpookySory

SpookySory Trainee

Currency:
    solji is really talented, she has an outstanding voice and stuuning visuals, i believe she could make it as a soloist

magito and Hopkinz like this.