Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Rose Has A Good Voice Though?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Ineul_Ze, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

Being Multi-fandom
    I know I hear a lot of people talk about how they find Rose's voice annoying, or
    they think it's bad and I can understand her voice not being someones preference
    and they just don't like it but honestly ... I think she has a good voice, especially in
    Masked Singer, her vocals were good, stable, and pleasant.

Maybe just me?

kodoku, Kaikat, liljeep and 18 others like this.
  2. breeatsuga

breeatsuga Super Rookie

full time yoongi and yeri appreciator
    personally i don't like her voice. way too squeaky, she's gotta go back to how she use to sing predebut it honestly hurts to hear her voice. sounds like a flute to me. other than the fact i don't like her voice, she has a terrible technique which is going to ruin her voice in the near future. there are other 'unique' voices who actually have unique voices. such as chungha, joy, minnie etc. momo and rose are quite similar but i find momo's voice more tolerable in songs rather than live.

3. Athena_Raye

Athena_Raye Celebrity

I agree!! It bothers me when people say she can't sing. Just because you don't like her voice doesn't mean she can't sing. She has such a pleasant tone and she's a really good vocalist too me <3

4. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

Being Multi-fandom
    Actually her technique really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It's about the same as other artists.

5. Hallybell

Hallybell Super Rookie

I love her voice it’s just that sometimes she seems to force on it to obtain a special vocal colour.

Dopamine and Ineul_Ze like this.
  6. breeatsuga

breeatsuga Super Rookie

it is harmful. she relies on her nasal voice too much and it's not good cause she's not doing it properly. her other technique predebut was great. yg just had to make her unique.

7. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

Being Multi-fandom
    Too nasally doesn't mean she has a bad technique? Where did you learn that?

Using a nasal voice does not relate to voice technique very much, in all it isn't very harmful if you have a decent technique in the first place. Technique being taking in enough air, preparing for notes, not straining or stressing your chords, etc.

8. Hana0127

Hana0127 Super Rookie

BLACKPINK PLEASECOMEBACK IM LOSING MY FUCKING MIND
    that's literally her lower register LMAOOOOOo. Anyways does Rosie need to work on her technique? Obviously, but so does every singer. But to say that her stylistic singing is ruining her voice is laughable since, because Rosie doesn't sing out of her range lol. Blackpink songs don't go very high so she has nothing to worry about. At the end of the day all Rosie needs to know is when to turn off her stylistic singing and when to use it.

9. Golden_Wishes

Sarcastic Salad
    Her tone is really unique and i love it.
    But I have a preference for nasally tones so...

Dopamine and Ineul_Ze like this.
  10. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

Being Multi-fandom
    Honestly nasality has nothing to do with vocal technique so I wonder why people even bring it up?

Nasal voices are only bad when the said singer cannot control it or does not have a good technique in singing. And from the looks of it Rose doesn't have a bad technique, she doesn't have the best but certainly not a bad one where she can hurt herself from singing in a nasal tone. I think a lot of people think nasality has something to do with technique when really, it doesn't.

Golden_Wishes, Dopamine and Hana0127 like this.
  11. Hana0127

Hana0127 Super Rookie

BLACKPINK PLEASECOMEBACK IM LOSING MY FUCKING MIND
    NNnnn people bring it up to sound smart lol, I've seen people say she's harming herself when they know nothing about technique. Rosie has okay technique but she l could learn more from a proper vocal coach. I think all the girls in bp need a proper vocal coaching tbh.

12. Golden_Wishes

Sarcastic Salad
    I'll admit, Rosé is pretty weak for a main vocal but that doesn't make her a bad vocalist.
    YG has never had technically capable main vocals, they focus on style.
    But I do think people over-exaggerate it. She's not on a fast track to ruining her vocals like Bom, she doesn't sound like a dying cat.
    But since Rosé is from the "world's most untalented GG..."

Hana0127, springbee, joysoo and 6 others like this.
  13. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

Being Multi-fandom
    Yeah, I usually wouldn't say something about nasal tones - mostly because before a few weeks ago I had no idea how they affected vocals and whatnot, but my vocal teacher recently went over these things with us as he's preparing us for our solo and ensemble stuff.

And yes, they do - a lot of artists do to be honest. I think the only company that properly trains is SM.

Hana0127, Dopamine and Golden_Wishes like this.
  14. Golden_Wishes

Sarcastic Salad
    And she's never going to get one unless she goes out on her own and finds one because YG is useless garbage that doesn't know how to nuture talent

The vocal coaches at YG are trash. I can't remember if it was Bom or Minzy that went one of SM's vocal coaches for a day and cried because it was the best lesson she got.

Unless a vocalist just gives up completely, they all show growth over the years, except YG vocalists, they stay stagnant or regress

She has my favorite tone of 3rd gen and so much potential too...

#14 Golden_Wishes, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Hana0127, Dopamine and Ineul_Ze like this.
  15. breeatsuga

breeatsuga Super Rookie

she's not using it properly, not letting enough air out. she can sing, technique is bad. i don't think she's confident enough in her voice which makes her voice sound whiny which i don't like. i feel like she strains her voice and forces the unique tone too much. she's talented but as someone said above she should probably sing with her lower register since i think that sounds much better. you'll notice most sm artists don't struggle with their vocals (more rap but they're a vocal company) as their vocal coaches are actually really good! seeing a vocal coach from sm or even jyp would probably help her in the long run.
    edit: to show what sm vocal coaches can do, they actually really helped wendy (considered a very good vocalist which is like 2nd best or whatever) with her vocal nodules and she learned to sing with them. vocal nodules can stop a vocalist from singing. they seem to focus on every tiny thing, like when joy sings she sticks her tongue out a bit so that her throat doesn't get damaged when singing whiny, higher notes.

#15 breeatsuga, Jan 11, 2019
    Purplelavender97, ZYC and Ineul_Ze like this.
  16. breeatsuga

breeatsuga Super Rookie

oh she's talented i know. she can sing, personally i don't like her tone but that's me personally. i'd call her a weak vocalist which doesn't really mean she's bad but you know what i mean. in japan most of their vocalists are taught this awful whiny technique which probably ruins their voice more than rose's like nako from iz*one. nako can easily hit high notes like it's nothing but her voice isn't that appealing. everything is to what they're taught. yg's vocal coaches obviously aren't very trained which i assume is cause they focus on rap. i personally think jisoo should be the main vocalist, at first i didn't like jisoo's voice either but she seems talented. i suggest if she wants to become a vocalist like wendy, jihyo or jimin she should see a vocal coach. very high notes or even just high notes could damage her voice. in this video u can tell the vocalist from gfriend (i think lol) sounds amazing and doesn't struggle at all but you can hear rose does struggle with her high note.

#16 breeatsuga, Jan 11, 2019
    ZYC and Ineul_Ze like this.
  17. Kris_tee

Kris_tee Newbie

Her voice sounds really strained live and and anytime she sings I cringe cause it sounds so strained i feel like she's damaging her vocal chords or sumn, but I'm not a vocal teacher nor do I know anything about vocals, plus some blinks said the technique is not that bad so...

Ineul_Ze likes this.
  18. Kris_tee

Kris_tee Newbie

skinnny_legendGD and Ineul_Ze like this.
  19. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

Being Multi-fandom
    I wouldn't believe all Blinks, as I said above - she doesn't have bad technique but she doesn't really have a good one either. I think quite a lot of Blinks who talk about technique aren't very sure of it?

으컁컁준수 likes this.
  20. RYUJIN

RYUJIN Super Rookie

fromily <3
    I LOVEEEE her voice most of the times I just think when she is tired sometimes she puts too much strain on her voice and it sounds unpleasant.