Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

RM was legit the shit before he went all PG and toned it down recently

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by LuhanHobiarelife, Feb 23, 2018.

?

Do you think The Old RM will be accepted back with the current bts fan demographic?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. No(Too explicit)

34 vote(s)
    63.0%
  1. LuhanHobiarelife

LuhanHobiarelife Celebrity

He used to release bops like these(Kinky Af lyrics)

and this

and then he went from that too the Pg,family friendly and Wise Guy.

I believe bts would be more successful at least in america If they had their older attitude

Plus I hate how the 12 year old bts armies say bts is all Pure and innocent when they've released stuff like this

moonlight32, AngieSone, Jiora and 6 others like this.
  2. rjkoya3579

rjkoya3579 Public Figure

lol to quote RM

"I'm so pure"

:sketchyk::fingerk:

also
    never forget Expensive Girl

but I think that the reason he toned down was
    1) BTS concept changes
    2) he got a lot of hate for a ton of different reasons, bad lyrics being one of them

SaviorTwice, Vivi1388, Coco and 12 others like this.
  3. SangBawiUk

SangBawiUk Public Figure

Student
    he wasnt the shit before he went all pg. He WAS shit.

No hate on RM, I love him. Fuck you haters!

4. NorwegianARMY

NorwegianARMY Trainee

I think that as he grew older, he found it more natural to act on the more Wise Guy-side of him. It would be fun if he let more loose sometimes though.
    Also, I just gotta say: word on what you said about their 12 year old fans! In addition, I really can't stand when all of these twelve year old Armies write all over Youtube, Insta and Twitter "I need holy water!!!!*bathes in holy water*". Like shut up about your holy water, it's just a really stupid and annoying thing to write.

5. callycat97

callycat97 Married to : @LeeriaYa

Winwin's wife
    No, all the new bandwagon fans would have a heart attack if RM started releasing stuff like this again. Especially since they have a lot of younger fans, I think he's gonna try to be as PG as possible from now on.

6. Venomous

Venomous ⋈Main Monbebe⋈
    Graphics Bitch

Artist
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, my pole dance class would've been so much better with this Trouble vs the original by Bei Maejor & J. Cole....Then again I probably would've injured myself, you gotta focus when you're doing that kind of thing.

7. Blabluegree

Warlord
    I liked that about Namjoon but he's the leader of a now famous idol group and basically anything he does carries more weight.

Also I would not be surprised of all that bashing and dragging has just made him more inclined to keep away from that image. I feel sort of bad for him. I hope he is able to express himself as much as he wants in his next mixtape.

8. LuhanHobiarelife

LuhanHobiarelife Celebrity

The only reason He is known as one of the best idol rappers and well respected in the K hip hop community is because of his old stuff.
    He doesn't even reach 20% of his potential these days they are appealing to the 12 year kids so much that they even removed the cyphers and act all Innocent despite releasing songs like this
    Same thing is happening to Ikon bobby poor dude can't reach his full potential due to toning it down.Mino never rapped in the style of Bobby and RM and his rap fit into kpop really well so he is the only one who hasn't toned it down and Zico obviously.

mirella and SangBawiUk like this.
  9. SangBawiUk

SangBawiUk Public Figure

Student
    i just just making a pun lol

mirella likes this.
  10. astraeapop

astraeapop Public Figure

I don't think their fans were ready for it. I always see comments about how he's so "greasy" and has a filthy mind and used to curse "too much". No, he's just an adult. Maybe in a couple of years BTS will be able to release more mature, explicit and even sexy material again as their fandom will have grown up or the ones who have histrionics will have gotten over it. Or he should save it for his solo album, which I'll probably buy.

It's unfortunate because his actual rapping now is really not that great. Hopefully he's just saving his more interesting material for a rainy day in the future and isn't stagnating or whatever.

mirella and LuhanHobiarelife like this.
  11. emanresu

emanresu Prominent

Personally, I prefer the new family friendly Namjoon.

ResidentHobiStan likes this.
  12. astraeapop

astraeapop Public Figure

I will say that a lot of his early lyrics for sexy songs were highkey hilarious and he needed to grow into himself and get a more sophisticated understanding of sex/desire/lust etc. So maybe when the group is ready for that sort of thing, he'll be coming out with much better, more nuanced but still explicit stuff.

AmmaAffa, moonlight32, Coco and 5 others like this.
  13. Bias_Jinxx

Bias_Jinxx Newbie

Yeah, i do feel bad for him as well. Because of all the hate he gets it kind of seems like people are forcing him to act a certain way so he doesn’t slip up and say anything problematic. Or it could be a thing where he just wants to protect his image as much as possbile

randomstrang3r and Blabluegree like this.
  14. SpringDay2017

SpringDay2017 Trainee

Guys, I was wondering something.
    You know in Blood, Sweat and Tears, there's Rapmon's part and he says :
    "Peaches and cream, sweeter than sweet,
    Chocolate cheeks, and chocolate wings
    "
    Well, as a non native English speaker, I wanted to get the reference so I looked it up and obviously stumbled upon the Urban Dictionary definition and it had a sexual meaning. I thought it was funny, until I saw a comment on Amino from an Army who said he actually didn't mean that. Sorry girl, but you're a delulu. How can he write that line and not know what it means ? Please.

#14 SpringDay2017, Feb 23, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    moonlight32 likes this.
  15. rjkoya3579

rjkoya3579 Public Figure

Well I didn't know it was sexual either and RM did clarify that it wasn't meant sexually

16. qW12

qW12 Rookie

What is the K hip hop community? Because if they are the same crowd of people who go to SMTM or other hip hop events in Korea they look like a bunch or nerds with spectacles, also i see a lot of female fans that you see in idol events, so i don't think people should care if they have those fans respect. He has respect of legends and other rappers in Korea. Korean k hip-hop fans no offense but some are prejudice if someone is a idol no matter. Some underground rappers also are a bunch posers who think this what hip hop should be and try to imitate a culture they really know nothing about and end up looking like caricatures.

17. loomynartychild

loomynartychild Notable

I am patiently waiting for the day when RapMonster goes ’fuck-it’ mode and just makes another one of these

Im not into the whole PG, family friendly shit hiphop is hiphop

kKaliko likes this.
  18. LadyS

LadyS Icon

Botmy
    Do you really think even the new armys don’t know about these songs lmao.

19. loomynartychild

loomynartychild Notable

Yes, like listen to Bobby in SMTM, his rap, his general fucking way of completely letting himself go - going full-on ’fuck-it’ mode, I live for that shit, Bounce, Go, YGGR and L4L is the real fucking shit he could be blessing us with. The closest to that we got in the newer releases is Holup, Mobb tracks and UP.

Bobby literally said in an interview (same one as where he said they cant even say hi to Blackpink) that YG is holding him back from making the kind of music HE WANTS TO MAKE

THIS is how you lose artists, take notes YG

20. Jiora

Jiora Newbie

BTS are human underneath the idol image they need to uphold.
    I loved those two songs. The best I've heard RM sound. Nothing forced, nothing restrained, very natural.