Red Velvet’s Joy Reveals How She Feels When Reading Negative Comments About “Zimzalabim” To Fans

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by drifter, Jun 24, 2019.

1. drifter

drifter Trendsetter

Currency:
    Drifting
    NorthToSouth-No MoneyInPocket, 2 Balls In MyPants
    Red Velvet’s Joy Reveals How She Feels When Reading Negative Comments About “Zimzalabim” To Fans

She even had to request Reveluvs to do something for Red Velvet

[​IMG]

Recently, Red Velvet has made their most recent comeback with “The Reve Festival: Day 1” which features the lead single “Zimzalabim”.

While the mini-album has experienced solid success, “Zimzalabim” has received polarizing reviews for its experimental nature and song structure.

[​IMG]

Red Velvet is renowned as a K-Pop group who pushes musical conventions and never plays it safe with their title tracks. Hence, with such a large body of musical works, not all of their songs will be well-received.

Unfortunately, there have been many online commenters who have criticised Red Velvet’s latest release, particularly “Zimzalabim”, despite the effort and hard work that the members have put in to the song’s promotion.

[​IMG]

In commemoration of their comeback, Red Velvet hosted Reveluvs for a fansign where they were able to discuss their feelings about promoting their latest mini-album.

Joy revealed that she absolutely loved preparing and promoting “Zimzalabim”.

I like this album so much, the performance, the outfits … Everything. It goes along with this song so well.

[​IMG]

She also highlighted Red Velvet’s reputation as a conceptual K-pop group that always pushes boundaries with each comeback. Joy stated that a Red Velvet comeback wouldn’t be fun if they simply did the same thing as other people.

[​IMG]

Despite Joy’s satisfaction with the comeback, she addressed the fact that “Zimzalabim” has been met with polarizing reviews.

Joy admitted that she had been reading a lot of negative comments online regarding Red Velvet’s comeback.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, Joy revealed that reading these had left her feeling sad and down-hearted, especially considering all the creativity and effort that had been put in.

Joy even asked Reveluvs to leave lots of positive comments about “Zimzalabim” to balance out against the criticisms that she had been seeing online.

[​IMG]

Regardless of the reception of “Zimzalabim”, Joy reiterated that she personally enjoyed the process of making the album and is eager for Red Velvet to do more concepts in future comebacks.

To be honest, I’m having a lot of fun with this album. And we’re gonna do pretty things in the future too.

[​IMG]

Reveluvs promised Joy that they would support Red Velvet’s latest comeback. When Joy asked whose baby is “Zimzalabim”, those fansign enthusiastically answered Reveluvs.

International Reveluvs have also been heeding to Joy’s words and hope that she will be able to see the support that has been given to Red Velvet

Whatever the reception to “Zimzalabim”, everyone can agree that Red Velvet’s creativity, talent and hard work is undeniable.

And many fans will continue looking forward to future comebacks, to see how Red Velvet’s artistry can further progress.

2. NCTismylove

NCTismylove Public Figure

Currency:
    I will ALWAYS be by their side no matter what happens!

3. Theo35

Theo35 Celebrity

Currency:

4. Y3M

Y3M Super Rookie

Currency:
    Tbh, I feel like Joy feels so happy performing nowadays, especially with Zimzalabim. She is glowing!

5. SooYoung

SooYoung GG Trash

Currency:
    ☼ Be a slave for Sooyoung, Kun and Hayoung ☼
    ☼ In the dungeon throwing a party with SMNGG ☼
    Say it louder queen Joy !!!!

6. dokyeomon

dokyeomon Celebrity

Currency:
    just like seulgi unnie would say

sometimes
    you gotta be bold
    just rock the woooorld

7. Y3M

Y3M Super Rookie

Currency:
    BOOOYEAAAH

8. King_Zest

King_Zest Married to @MotoMoto_Hyung

Currency:
    Someone should engrave this on antis forheads. So they can take a look in the mirror whenever they come for Zimzalabim

9. poteto

poteto Super Rookie

Currency:
    I've read it and there are things....

The elitism, it looks again like how BB said they were special because they write their music and the other groups not so they are better.

Then asking people to post good reactions so the bad ones won't be seen it, wtf is this, not all people or fans don't have to praise all you do.

And this pearl, "Joy reiterated that she personally enjoyed the process of making the album" Joy, what are you saying, you don't have any credits in the new album.

The article seems like they want to put RV as victims of something when the reallity is just that some people hasn't liked the song.

10. SeulgisAbs

SeulgisAbs Idol

Currency:
    lal lal la lal lal la lal lal la la

11. Y3M

Y3M Super Rookie

Currency:
    HAPPINESS

12. buffyfan

buffyfan Newbie

Currency:
    Im still that the song rises and shows some longetivity. It's not my favorite release this year but I really like it. The song is really interesting and i like the dance break part. Definitely my favorite RV release since RR.

13. SooYoung

SooYoung GG Trash

Currency:
    I'm sorry but WTF are you saying

yes the process of an album is composing , thinking of the concept, writing the lyrics but i doubt that when you buy an album you only receive the lyrics in a book and the song in the album are only instru

the process of an album is not finish without artist who learn the choregraphy and sing the lyrics who will go on the instru to finalize the song -_-

your reach to try to hate on rv was so obvious here x)))

lyrics and compositer are useless without the singer to sing their songs

hyohoho, Lulu_Key, Charmed123 and 8 others like this.
  14. barnaby

barnaby Rookie

Currency:
    Won't stop the song from sucking.

15. King_Zest

King_Zest Married to @MotoMoto_Hyung

Currency:
    I cant help trash taste tbh

National anthem: ZIMZALABIM ZIM ZIMZALABIM ZIM ZIMZALABIM ZIM ZIIIIIM ~~

16. Rainbow_Pearls

Currency:
    the song suck it's one of the worst and cringiest song that i ever heard in my life . did she except peoples to lie and say it's a good songs instead of complaining about peoples who stating facts she should complain to sm to give them a good song instead this garbage . and weird concept doesn't mean the song have to be bad they can do a weird concept with a good song like russian roulette

Joshy0714 and Leean_Taeyong like this.
  17. lookinglass

lookinglass Celebrity

Currency:
    Questionable...
    :whatr:

18. Multi_Smile

Multi_Smile Married to @YujaJinsoo

Currency:
    The song is amazing Joy just like RV

19. SooYoung

SooYoung GG Trash

Currency:
    LMAO a thread about zimzalabim or red velvet nowadays attract the hater like Fly attract by the smell of a stinky trash

it's so funny x)))

20. Weirdoz

Weirdoz Trainee

Currency:
    I understand, somehow. The girls look so happy performing this, and one I most remember is that how Wendy said that she likes zzb a lot. Imagine how sad they are to see that a lot of people bash their hardwork. They might not write/compose the song, but they train restlessly for the dance and the song to bring their best to us. It sucks to see how people go out of their way to express their hate. You might not like the song, but please keep that to yourself. Make some constructive criticism instead of outright hating them.

I love you Joy, and honest to death ZZB is one of the most enjoyable song I ever heard in my life, right after ITNW and RBB. I won't stop saying my love to this song :):):)