Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Really happy about Somi going to YG.

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by mparserz, Sep 23, 2018.

1. mparserz

mparserz Public Figure

She made the right choice. I also think that part of her decision has to do with YG's interest in pushing into the western market. If that's the case, Somi is a good candidate to have as part of a group. I wasn't a Somi stan, but I might become one now. I can see her doing great things under The Black Label. Hopefully her fans don't let their bias stop them from continuing to stan her. This news got me excited as hell.

lizvip, gus17, SUNSHINE and 5 others like this.
  2. Yoohyeon

Yoohyeon Rookie

✰彡
    exactly. blinks just need to stop attacking her

3. babydoll23

babydoll23 Rookie

Student
    This! I feel like there's only a handful of people that support her going to Black Label (managed by TEDDY, NOT by YG). Like you said, Somi will likely get the western/international promotion that she wants. I think JYP is more focused on Asia while Teddy's sound is more western, which imo, suits Somi better.

They'll be bitter at first and then will support her.

MeAnotherself and SUNSHINE like this.
  4. mparserz

mparserz Public Figure

Are they?

joysoo and Yoohyeon like this.
  5. Yoohyeon

Yoohyeon Rookie

✰彡

suiram likes this.
  6. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Public Figure

You're actually going to consider stanning her just because she moved labels?

7. viribiri_bambam

viribiri_bambam Trainee

OMG Why are you lying!! We are so happy about Somi in the Black Label, stop spreading false rumors :annoyedr:

I feel so happy for Somi now she can debut under the same producer of their faves 2ne1, Teddy and we know that Somi deserves a girlcrush concept!!:loverr3:

[​IMG]

lizvip and mparserz like this.
  8. mparserz

mparserz Public Figure

I might consider stanning her because she might be making music I like and under a label that might know how to promote her in a way that I think suits her better.

joysoo, 3RACHA and babydoll23 like this.
  9. mparserz

mparserz Public Figure

Yeah, I figured BP/YG fans would be happy about this. The Black Label is debuting a girl group regardless, with or without Somi. I think the probability that it's going to be with Somi now is great. If people check my post history they'll know that I've been a defender of hers even though I wasn't a stan. But now that it's clear she'll be in a more westernized group, I think it's exciting.

viribiri_bambam likes this.
  10. MeAnotherself

MeAnotherself Notable

A lot of people seem to forget this.

lizvip likes this.
  11. babydoll23

babydoll23 Rookie

Student
    Right. Not the same. They need to be more concerned about Blackpink because that means that Teddy is likely going to give his best songs to his new girl group/individual female idols lol

MeAnotherself likes this.
  12. mparserz

mparserz Public Figure

I don't know about that. BlackPink is still the money maker. If Teddy wants to promote himself as a producer and get the most attention as possible, the smart bet is to at least try to put a priority on BlackPink or at least try to juggle between the two groups. With that said, I always thought the next progression of BlackPink was to start working with different producers. Likely some from the west.

joysoo and babydoll23 like this.
  13. babydoll23

babydoll23 Rookie

Student
    I could see that, too. I've always felt like YG went to Teddy and said he wanted 2ne1 2.0 for blackpink, which, in my HONEST opinion, has been restricting Blackpink's sound. I think Teddy will get to create his own unique style for his new artists (for instance, he produced Gashina, which sounds nothing like AIIYL lol) and it will be a chance to show his skills. It will also give Blackpink the opportunity to work with different producers and come up with something else, especially since it seems like they're getting ready to put out an album before their Japanese Arena tour.

mparserz likes this.
  14. mparserz

mparserz Public Figure

Exactly. Like you said, Teddy actually can create different sounds. He might get more experimental and think out of the box with the new girl group, etc. Like I said, all this shit is exciting and people shouldn't be concerned about it.

babydoll23 likes this.
  15. huasheng

huasheng Trainee

Not to sound negative but somi has very little yg vibes. She's better off in jyp where rap is not much of concern. She will be overshadowed by moon sua or julie han. Yg or teddy songs are mostly rap-based, if she wants to target westernized sounds, she has to have the appeal of yg style and her voice is a bit cute-ish too for a vocal , for me jyp is her best platform (she can strive in sexier ones there like miss a and be the next suzy).

16. Outburstz

Outburstz Trainee

I still don't even know if she is going to be solo or in a group, but I think Somi has dreams of becoming a western star and this is a good chance for that

17. mparserz

mparserz Public Figure

I disagree. I think Somi can do more than just the cute image.

Lyra_Verse likes this.
  18. whateverwonwoo

if it has anything to do with yge, the poor girl won't debut for another 10 years.

19. Dreamer95

Dreamer95 Idol

We call them YG stans:rolleyes:

Meloverse likes this.
  20. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Public Figure

I guess we don't know what kind of girl group the Teddy is going for yet, it might be completely different to BP. If it isn't, BP will probably suffer because they'll have to change their sound.