RBW & Kakao M to partner up for debut of new Vietnamese boy group D1Verse+MV

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Uni909, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Guardian of the WJSN system
    [​IMG]
    RBW, home to idol groups like MAMAMOO and ONEUS, will be working together with Kakao M for the debut of a new Vietnamese boy group called D1Verse.

According to RBW, the members of D1Verse were chosen via a survival reality program which aired on 'V Live' this past year, 'We Will Debut'. Among 7 contestants, a total of 5 members were chosen to debut under D1Verse. All of the D1Verse members received professional training in Korea since January of this year, to prepare for their debut.

D1Verse will be releasing a pre-debut digital single, "ChỉCó Anh Bên Em (Bring It Low)", this coming December 15 at 6 PM prior to their full promotions. The track is said to be a powerful Moombahton genre. Check out D1Verse's pre-debut single cover image, below.

[​IMG]
    Predebut MV came out today

https://www.allkpop.com/article/201...4FlboT6hUUvMzmBzGIIyYze5U1Due7HAY1eOo-2VOuo_4

Angela_Cao and perpetualpotato like this.
  2. Angela_Cao

Angela_Cao Celebrity

Currency:
    College student & mathematics n00b
    Just listened to the song and unlike most KPOP songs I listen to (though they’re not terrible in quality), I can actually understand a good amount of lyrics of the song (since I’m Vietnamese myself) and it’s a pretty catchy song and not bad overall...except one of the vocalists (forgot what his name is) was a bit nasal in the middle of the song and “low” is pronounced incorrectly (but I think it’s a Vietnamese thing to have a bit of trouble pronouncing certain vowels as they tend to emphasize the vowel more than necessary since in the language, it’s the vowels that are accompanied with some sort of accent emphasis (through some sort of accent sign)).

I think I’m pretty interested in the group though still salty on how RBW still can’t seem to manage MAMAMOO properly, which now a primary source of their overall income and ONEUS and ONEWE (and VRomance...do they still exist lol) as well...:angryr::angryr::angryr:

crystal105 and Uni909 like this.
  3. Uni909

Uni909 Celebrity

Currency:
    Guardian of the WJSN system
    The promotions after their survival show ended has been lacklusting to put it mildly. It was promoted on 1thek, and after episode 11 they just went dark. The final episode was aired on VLive, but none of people that watched on 1thek knew that. :confused:

The song was OK. I guess I will like it more after a couple listens. But man, the MV was cheap as hell. I expected better from a company like RBW. Hell, even local viet idol groups has higher quality than that(Check UNI5, Monstar St 319)

Another issue I have is how they were trained. I feel RBW didn't put much effort to train them properly. One year is simply not enough if you ask me. I wished koreans invest more time on foreign groups like they do with their Kpop groups, and not deliver half-way measures.

Do hope that RBW will make a viet girl group in the future. I'm more into gg than boys lol :D And in my opinion vietnamese girls visuals are better than guys.

Angela_Cao likes this.
  4. bananamilk

bananamilk Celebrity

Currency:
    RBW branching out

5. rxlcrab

rxlcrab Newbie

Currency:
    I like the song, pretty catchy. The MV is really low budget though, which is a pity, because at least a couple of the members are pretty charismatic. Hope they can get a proper budget for the debut MV at least, I can see the potential in this group.