[Rant] When Sh-t Doesn't Go According To Plan

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by emanresu, Aug 25, 2017.

1. emanresu

emanresu Icon

[Rant] When Sh-t Doesn't Go According To Plan

[​IMG]

Hello all.

Time for a new rant to fulfill my rant quota for the last few months. :D:p

So...

Have you ever noticed how there always exists a prevailing narrative that is commonly held to be the "correct" perspective?

If a prevailing majority hold that something is "this way" then hell it must be so, right? There's no room for deviation. All those who don't agree or find themselves holding views that differ from the "prevailing narrative" end up at odds with the powers that be. They're automatically accused of being "delusional" or "combative" or "trouble makers" or "immature", etc.

When an individual challenges this "plan".... all hell breaks loose. People are triggered. Outrage. Confusion. Accusations. In simple terms...people get pissed. They don't like it when others disagree with them. They don't stand for it.

I find it absurd.

One of life's truisms is that whenever a group of individuals comes together there will inevitably be difference of opinion. Not everyone will agree. And that's fine! Or at least it should be.

But what strikes me on this forum is that there definitely exists a few "plans" that dare not be violated. One such plan is THE TWICE PLAN. (Another is THE BTS PLAN, but that's for another discussion.)

---

THE TWICE PLAN:

[​IMG]

TWICE is untalented and not worthy of praise and all who promote them are immature delusional Onces who are blinded by their convictions and/or pretty.

---

Violate this plan at your own peril! For those who disagree are delusional right? Surely? I'm mean of course this stuff is all objective.... /sarcasm

Anyway... Another disclosure.... Yes, I'm a Once. I love TWICE. I am not in the least bit ashamed of this. I realize many on here do not think highly of the group. And that's fine! Perfectly reasonable for you to think that.

But what I have a problem with is many don't think the street goes both ways. In their eyes they are "correct" and I am "wrong". Which is the biggest delusion of them all.

In the context of the assessment of art (which music is a subcategory of), believing oneself to hold the "one true position" in terms of one's evaluation of "what's good" is a stance that is objectively false. There can't be a true and correct position. It's all a matter of perspective and subjective opinion.

Just as you are entitled to your belief that TWICE is of unworthy of praise or not worth stanning, etc., so too am I entitled to my belief that they provide perhaps the best balanced combination of what I want in a group. They are attractive. They are charming. They have songs I enjoy listening to. You may disagree with all three but your disagreement doesn't invalidate my position. All it means is we disagree that TWICE is a group worth liking.

If someone makes a thread that states "TWICE is the best group in kpop", it's perfectly fine if you respond with the reasons why you disagree. Tell them why you think TWICE sucks. Tell them why they aren't the best. Props to you for it! Disagree with them. But allow them to disagree with you.

They aren't a "troll" for promo-ing their group. They aren't "immature" for passionately believing in their group. (Of course if they are actively bashing on other groups or attacking others in their promos, that's a whole different story. Sure call that shit out for sure.)

Are some Onces immature and overzealous? Yes. Do some make threads that bash other groups? Yes.

But it isn't a one size fits all sort of thing. Pro-TWICE threads are not automatically "problematic". Stanning TWICE is not in of itself "problematic".

I see too many responses to threads challenging THE TWICE PLAN that call the OP out for even making the thread. As if disagreeing with the plan is in of itself cause for hatred and scorn.

People.. ain't everyone gonna agree with you. THE TWICE PLAN would be better named the THE TWICE OPINION.

Opinion... such a funny word. Seems to fly over the heads of too many. Look it up in a dictionary sometime.

Anyway... I might as well end it here. I'm thirsty. Time for a beer.

;)

[​IMG]

P.S. Credit to @Drew_B_Part_2 for the concept of there being a "prevailing plan" that causes turmoil when violated.

P.S.S. I did make a recent TWICE thread that was originally entitled "TWICE Songs Are Better Than Non-TWICE Songs". I admit that was ill advised. I intended it as a joke because of course TWICE songs aren't better than all others. I just thought it funny to say so as if I was serious. It was supposed to be a joke. But some did take offense to it. That was my bad and I changed the title fairly soon after I started the thread.

P.S.S.S. Love you all! :)

#1 emanresu, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. HarryBJ

HarryBJ ✰ Hwasa’s Fanboy ✰

Chemistry Research
    That's one large essay o_O

3. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

Being Multi-fandom
    This is why you're my favorite thread maker ...

This was beautifully worded and typed. I enjoyed every bit of this thread. =)

Sel97, dope_5, winkwink and 6 others like this.
  4. emanresu

emanresu Icon

5. rosslyn

rosslyn Public Figure

Newly wed
    I get your point dude, however you also have to understand that everyone is entitled to an opinion and are free to voice it out (except if is only pure hatred)
    I also get about the "delusion" thing, having a different opinion or not agreeing with someone automatically makes you "delusional", "immature", "butthurt", "blind", etc.
    I think that as long as you are entitled to what you like or not is fine, the rest don't matter at all

6. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Thanks! I appreciate the support!

:)

Ineul_Ze and dope_5 like this.
  7. jbeanbean

jbeanbean Public Figure

don't worry too much about it meng
    preferences can't be right or wrong
    if you find happiness in something, where it's not harming yourself or anyone else, then eff em

i think there are controversial/taboo topics though where people will agree w/ the majority purely to virtue signal and stay out of trouble
    challenging the norm and asking "why?" can be good sometimes

dope_5 and emanresu like this.
  8. blahblah1234

blahblah1234 Super Rookie

What is this bts plan you speak of?? and I agree I love twice too-first girl group I got into

rglover641 and emanresu like this.
  9. emanresu

emanresu Icon

I specifically said that was perfectly fine in my OP.

That was the point of my thread. That both sides should allow the other to disagree with them without accusing them of holding their position in bad faith.

centen and rosslyn like this.
  10. rosslyn

rosslyn Public Figure

Newly wed
    You're right dude, but it's sad that we're always on either extreme and not "in between"
    I guess that's too much for being a kpop fan

emanresu likes this.
  11. NaoBun

NaoBun Super Rookie

Stanning groups till I die
    I feel you lol.

I don't understand why people can't just agree to disagree either. I'm fine with people disliking Twice. A cute girl group isn't everyone's cup of tea. What I'm not fine with is both sides going overboard every time something Twice related pops up. Either it's being really horrible to Twice for no good reason, or it's going overboard defending them and screaming at people.

Just... just be decent human beings? :D Sound good?

12. Abeamus

Abeamus Married to @Couponski

I feel like there are better opportunities where you could've done this rant, the op of that thread started calling people thrice pleasers and asked how many wins Red Flavor got because someone said it was better. Your rant is good but what gave you the inspiration to go on it cuts down one of your key points that it's a two way street because the op of that thread wasn't seeing it that way, just my take on it.

emanresu likes this.
  13. emanresu

emanresu Icon

You're right.

I was simply going off the original OP, which I thought was fine. After looking at the rest of the thread, some of his/her responses were uncalled for.

Thank you for pointing that out to me!

#13 emanresu, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Sel97 and Abeamus like this.
  14. Xadne

Xadne Idol

I enjoy your writing style alot!! and think the topic is very interesting in general. I've never gotten why people can't accept different opinions really. You don't have to relate, but at least accept :rolleyes: It's common sense to me

Sel97, centen and emanresu like this.
  15. vivante

vivante Idol

I agree. twice are lovely girls who don't deserve all the negativity they get. not all onces care if you like twice or not

and people sometimes think singing and dancing are the only talents worth appreciating. they're idols, and their range of talents aren't supposed to be limited to only singing, dancing, rap, etc.

centen and emanresu like this.
  16. _CLeO

_CLeO
    . Awards Team

My head hurts once again

emanresu and deathlymuse like this.
  17. Drew_B_Part_2

Drew_B_Part_2 Celebrity

I read this whole essay in Heath Ledgers Joker voice. "Cause it's all part of the plan". From the hospital scene in The Dark Knight lol.

Your writing skills are on point.

ripiasuju and emanresu like this.
  18. haylucky

haylucky Leader

Apparently twice stans are all problematic and we're not allowed an opinion

emanresu likes this.
  19. KawaiiSamii

KawaiiSamii Trendsetter

Tbh,I am going to say what I want to say and when I want to say it. If people think I am being problematic then oh well.

emanresu likes this.
  20. centen

centen Celebrity

THIS!

As a general rule of thumb, I think people would find their lives so much less stressful if they didn't automatically assume ill-intent. I'm sure the cashier who said "no problem" wasn't snidely telling you that it actually was a problem; I'm sure the people who stopped talking when you came into the room really were just done with whatever their topic was about; and I'm sure the fans who like Twice really do just like Twice as much as you like [your bias] and it's not a commentary on your bias anymore than your bias is a commentary on Twice. Because, at the end of the day, no one is as obsessed with you as you are with you. All that time you spend assuming someone is plotting how to piss you off... I almost guarantee they spent that entire time just thinking about themselves. Calm down.

emanresu likes this.