Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

[RANT] BLACKPINK JENNIE SOLO DEBUT...

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Onewbunny, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Onewbunny

Onewbunny Rookie

I love BLACKPINK, I like each member for their own talent and their music. So here is my opinion about the issue.

First I'm not surprised that YG is giving a solo to a BLACKPINK member,since have always do it in the early days to each
    and every one of their older groups ( Taeyang had BIGBANG first solo in the early days, Mino/Nam Taehyun had it in WINNER, Park Bom had it in 2NE1), so is the usual.
    The thing is I think is the wrong moment and the wrong member.

First YG have not given the group a proper mini album (6 songs) or a proper full album, so for me the only thing that will save this first point from the anger of BLINKs will be this being followed by a FULL ALBUM in the SAME MONTH or the beginning of the followed month.

Second I think Jennie is the wrong member, in the previous years the first solo is given to the MAIN VOCALIST, or the MOST LOVED MEMBER from the group, like already said aka PARK BOM, TAEYANG, MINO, NAM TAEHYUN at the moment. Jennie is not the main vocalist of the group and currently is the most hated, this could only bring more division and hate in the fandom for her.

Third, the other YG fandom will hate this, and I said it HATE IT. YG promised MINO solo album, and have not deliver even tho the album is done and the MV was already filmed according to MINO,
    he is just..waiting. SAME for WINNER comeback, they already recorded their songs, they are just once again waiting. Then we have LEE HI...waiting as well.

DO BLACKPINK deserve a comeback? YES, but I think he should focus on them as a group this last months of the year before releasing this solo, that seems a little rushed in my opinion.

Love jennie and if it finally happens will support it, but I dont think is the time...

#1 Onewbunny, Oct 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. Valenttinna

Valenttinna Rookie

Is a RUMOUR FOR GOD'S SAKE

ListenToBadMusic and anime0127 like this.
  3. ashleymarie

ashleymarie Rookie

Aren't there like 5+ threads about this already?

4. Onewbunny

Onewbunny Rookie

Is a rumor that I hope does not happen, I hope YG denied it quik

5. Onewbunny

Onewbunny Rookie

This is my rant, my own opinion on it and my reasons, you are free to read it or ignore it.

6. Ayumi9

Ayumi9 Rookie

Yes. I’m down for a Jennie solo. Aren’t the other members just holding her back anyway

Golden_Wishes likes this.
  7. Onewbunny

Onewbunny Rookie

same was said about CL, Park Bom and Minzy, and we all know how all ended.

8. Smlovesyg

Smlovesyg Trainee

even a ghost knows its too soon. yg is yet to realize his ace is lisa sales wise. lets see how it goes.

9. kpop123

kpop123 Public Figure

This pretty much... Lisa has a lot of fan power... Without her, BP would not have been half the popular as they are now...

QueenBlackJack and Golden_Wishes like this.
  10. Suzan

Suzan Memorable

EXO's Mama
    Wait, Jennie is having a solo debut?? :eek:

And I disagree with you. I think she would be the perfect member to go solo right now. She has the most public recognition out of all of the members and even if she's not the main vocalist, she can sing, dance and rap. The important question would be does she want to go solo but if she does, I don't see the problem at all. The public likes her, she's arguable the most popular member and she has proven her talents already. I think it would be a perfect opportunity for her and the timing is great too, especially when the public interest towards her is hot. It's good for YG to start preparing them for their future without BP than wasting their talents and keeping them locked away until they disband and have to build up their worth as solos from the start (like we're seeing with Minzy right now).

11. choi_yuna_bias

Buddy
    My issue isn't even about Jennie getting a solo album. Good for her even though I believe Rose deserves it better. YG idols always get a solo early in their career. It's the fact that YG's been promising that solo album for Mino since January and here we just got an announcement that Jennie is rumored to get it on November literally just one month after announcement. Even if it's not Mino or Seungyoon, I'd be more than happy for Lee Hi to get that comeback. It's been 2 years since Seoulite omg

12. Onewbunny

Onewbunny Rookie

I agree with you, and I read in twitter and verified after that YG deleted the post about Mino solo this year on hsi instagram, so that got the INNERCIRCLE even more angry and alert about YG, they are hating on him a lot on his instagram, but this time he deserve it.

When will he learn to stop promising things if he can't deliver? stay silent till you have a date YG!!!

13. Onewbunny

Onewbunny Rookie

Yes she can sing, can dance, can rap, and also is the MOST HATED member at the moment, and basically the reason the fandom is divided , you just need to read the hate on ehr instagram.
    BLACKPINK is a relatively new group and YG should try to unite the fandom and create a happy atmosphere, instead of doing the exact same thing he did with 2NE1. You don't need to be a triple thread to have a solo.
    And I do think Jennie can have a solo, but is just not the time.

14. MyPostsAreFacts

15. lizvip

lizvip Star

I 'm ok with jenni solo ONLY If MINO or WINNER relese their music first. They already said is done and Mino already filmed the mv as well.
    And from hoony vlive i t seems they know and hey are not happy.
    As well if yg does not open his eyes this is the beginning of the end for BP.
    He shoudl focus on their group activities not solo

QueenBlackJack and Golden_Wishes like this.
  16. Bebe

Bebe Notable

She's the most hated because blinks are assholes and find the worst reasons to hate on her
    but it does not affect her sales and cfs anyhow

JenJennie7 likes this.
  17. jojomomo

jojomomo Rookie

Unite the fandom and happy atmosphere are not YG's style. He and/or the company seems to love competitions. Winner and iKON seem to still be in a secret survival show to win YG's heart. Why not have the four girls pitted against each other too.

18. kyutiemir22

kyutiemir22 Hockstetters Ride or Die Hoe
    Moderator Team

I think shes the best member for a solo
    Fuck the other fandoms if they get mad. They should get mad at YG anyways not Jennie or bp. Also JJ Project came out before got7 had even made their debut so it doesn't really matter that they only have 9 songs.

JenJennie7 likes this.
  19. lizvip

lizvip Star

Then he should have debuted jennie before blackpink. Simple.
    And if he not giving other groups and solo comebacks, then should not promise them.

QueenBlackJack likes this.
  20. kyutiemir22

kyutiemir22 Hockstetters Ride or Die Hoe
    Moderator Team

What does it matter if its before or after?
    How are his promises to other groups relevant to bp or Jennie?
    Thats like how fx stans got angry at rv for having a concert and fandom name before them. I get it y'all are mad but its not Jennies fault and it shouldn't mean she should wait for his other groups to get their fair share.

JenJennie7 and Bebe like this.