Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Rant at sones and former snsd members.

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by ripiasuju, Jun 19, 2018.

1. ripiasuju

ripiasuju Prominent

First of all let me tell you something, as you can see I stan Seohyun and have for a long time, and I stan snsd and have bought their albums and am a fan and will be for a long time.

But, I am very irritatied with the former snsd members, and no not Jessica I mean Sooyoung, seohyun and Tiffany... Tiffany literally took snsd out of IG bio, Seohyun took it out at first but only put it back after she got hate, and sooyoung dont even have it.

Sooyoung - Didnt feel appreiciated in snsd, she felt happy acting she got praise so she wants to be an actress.

Tiffany - acting school in america, attending auditions, signing with an american lable.

Seohyun - creating her own lable, acting.

See the picture here? these 3, they left SNSD to persue their solo careers, but, now they are clinging to SNSD's name to get their own solo stuff recognition.

As you can see Sunny broke down in tears because she knows the reality that snsd isnt 8 or 9... she said its hard, she doesnt know.

at 2:41

Hyoyeon mentions snsd comeback and she is very nervous and careful while answering it...she said snsd will comeback maybe once a year for anniversary, and why? because some special snowflakes want to be part of snsd while in a DIFFERENT LABEL , if you pay attention, Yoona and Yuri and Hyoyeon have all made efforts to release music, Sunny has mentioned she wants to also, Hyoyeon and Yuri and Sunny arent strong enough to pursue solo careers they need snsd and the stayed for snsd.

so tell me why.... SNSD has to wait for the former members to have a comeback? to promote? why do they deserve that? when they left.. it aint like Jessica who got kicked they LEFT and by the looks of it, they are happy doing their own thing.

SM is giving OT5 a reality show, and I saw some sone complaining??? like what?? you want the members to do nothing?? honestly Yuri said she doenst have anything to do and she feels empty, Hyoyeon is going around being a DJ.. like damn.. Sunny is tryna be a host. I'm not saying to kick out Tiffany, seohyun and Sooyoung.. in fact I know they do make snsd better.

But OT5 should be allowed to promote a mini album or something or work in the meantime, they make up 5 members the same amount as RV and they have the skills on their own. If yoona can do a solo then ot5 can comeback.

GUYS INSTEAD OF GOING AROUND SAYING YOU WILL ONLY SUPPORT OT8 YOU SHOULD BE BEGGING FOT OT5 .. BECAUSE SM WANT TO PROMOTE OT5, AND YOUR OT8 FORVER SHITE IS RUINING THAT. the former members or should i say inactive members can come back on their anniversary or reunions or something.. Hyoyeon mentions that they will all come together but in the meantime ot5 should be a thing.

Rant over.

2. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Legend

Astronaut
    Honestly things are too tough for larger groups bc not all of them are gonna shine witht their solo careers. I think an ot5 album and promotion should be on the table.

3. SinBuddy116

SinBuddy116 Notable

Buddy Gang
    Theyve moved on...but still wanna use the name to stay relevant

4. KpoppinAllDay

KpoppinAllDay Newbie

I'm all up for an OT5 promotion. I'd buy anything SNSD releases tbh because they'll always be my queens that got me into kpop. It's saddening that some of the members are getting left behind in terms of projects. I really hope they find something, they're all super talented and gorgeous.

5. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Legend

Astronaut
    For OT5, they have vocalists, dancers and visuals. Tbh I think reality show might be SMs way of testing the water. Hopefully it will have positive response.

6. ohmyqueen

ohmyqueen Newbie

I'm not sure how OT5 would sound given the fact that they've already lost 3/5 of their strongest vocalists in Jess, Seohyun, and as much as I hate to admit it.... Tiffany.

YoonA, Yuri, and Hyoyeon are some of their weakest vocalists, and they make up more than half of OT5. lmao.

7. t_pham

t_pham Trainee

Protecting girl groups
    I think it is obvious now that snsd bond is not as strong as people think.

8. Rand_Al_Thor

Rand_Al_Thor Trendsetter

Yuri, Luna and Amber should have gone on pd 48 just for fun .... I kid kinda.

mysteric_16 and sototallyrandom like this.
  9. katahtattat

do they HAVE to wait? the real question is why (if they are) is sm choosing to wait? →

Eithra likes this.
  10. Soulless_Senpai

Soulless_Senpai Celebrity

Sana eobsin, Sana mana
    They stayed 10 years so I don't fault them for leaving. Staying with SM probably was getting in the way of them realising some of their personal career goals so after a decade, it's only fair to go out and pursue them.

And them including or not including SNSD in their bios isn't an issue to me. People know who they are and if they wanna use the SNSD name to make a name for themselves, what's wrong with that? They were a big part of the group's success too.

I'm more upset with SM if anything. Not promoting them well towards the end hurt the group. I still wish they use OT5 to pump out some content now but with only Taeyeon as the main vocalist, the sound will be vastly different. I suppose Sunny can provide some support but Tiffany and Seohyun are big losses.

11. ripiasuju

ripiasuju Prominent

Dont underestimate yoona and yuri, any snsd member is better than all of bp and twice member.

12. polca

polca Rookie

well as much as people would be ok with the remaining 5 doing an album or some type of music release, sm might not be down - especially now that sm can invest more into building yoona and taeyeon's career. snsd had potential to make some revenue with their last comeback but sm was more worried about using it to get them to stay cause sm has possessive issues. and now that 3 are gone, snsd probably has less control and say within their group as 5.

i've also always saw tiffany and seohyun as gambles going solo without sm. although they have talent, they worked best being an idol with a big company managing them. now things might be different many years later and behind the scenes, but im not surprised if they clung onto the snsd name to have that lil push. i only ever thought taeyeon and jessica were the only ones able to really make it without sm. yoona can do that now but not if sm never built her up so high

as for the current snsd wanting to do something, maybe they dont? maybe they are as tru as their words that they work best as a whole. from 9 to 8 probably hurt their egos but recoverable. 8 to 5 probably just defeated them and made them reevaluate their direction. so besides the 2 with a stable future (taeyeon and yoona), hyo is being a DJ somewhere, sunny is getting groomed to be a female variety/host following heechul's path, and yuri is just being irrelevant as always sadly :(

sonemariam likes this.
  13. KpoppinAllDay

KpoppinAllDay Newbie

Any one of them is better than what is being spit out as kpop groups rn. They'd have to shift stuff around to make sure songs fit their voices but I thinks its doable.

gdhimu, sonemariam and forever9_sone like this.
  14. Rand_Al_Thor

Rand_Al_Thor Trendsetter

I thought it weird that Sunny left the radio gig. She really seemed to like it and it was a cush daytime slot. Something she could do for a decade. It is a Job that ya have to go to every day maybe that is why.

sonemariam likes this.
  15. M_I_N_A

M_I_N_A Trainee

Makes sense...

16. sonemariam

sonemariam Trendsetter

Whatever, I'll support whatever they do as soloists, 5 members, 8 members or 9 members. I'm a Sone and I'll always be and that's what matters to me.

17. Nobody_Important

Engineer/Bus. Prof works with animals/wildlife
    Like your commentary.....to me it is not a RANT, it is just painful FACT! I'm a SONE and really worried about SNSD! As an actress friend of mine once said, "FAME IS FLEETING." She in experiencing this right now! Her time is over and it is hurting her emotionally and physically. At one time she was both a movie star and singer...if I mention her name right now, most would have no clue who she is or was! If you are out of the lime light for a long time, you are forgotten - PERIOD. This is going to happen to SNSD. In some ways, it already has. They need to move on as a group of 5 NOW! If they don't they will disappear and face another black ocean....it will hurt SONES and worse...them!

18. ditzybi

ditzybi Newbie

Promoting EXID
    Seohyun was being mistreated by SM and they were taking away acting opportunites for her and not promoting her well. I’m glad she got out.

19. jung_haenim

jung_haenim Rookie

I personally support all of them. OT9, OT8 or OT5.

Also, I don't really find it too weird that they're still using SNSD. That is a huge part of them. And not only for just 10 years. We seem to forget that both Seohyun and Sooyoung spent 16 years into this (as they both trained for 6 years + 10 years as group) and Tiffany spent 13 years for it. They have spent so much of their lives into this. If they do have other wishes to accomplish, they deserve to. In what other life are they going to this? How many decades more do they have left? I think they do deserve both to work on their solo stuff and to hold onto SNSD.

However, OT5 does deserve to have their own comebacks and schedules and shouldn't be held back by the 3 of them or by the fans. As a good fan of Girls' Generation, one should support the girls even if they want to comeback as OT5. I will personally continue to support all nine of them individually and as a group.

Just my thoughts about the whole situation. I do see your perspective on this matter as well ^^

NCT_lt3 likes this.
  20. SooYoung

SooYoung Icon

Prophet of the Sone and fromis_9 religion !!!
    Honestly
    i totally understand Tiffany, Sooyoung, and Seohyun
    Tiffany had to choose between acting and debuted as TTS member, she chose to debuted as a TTS member but her true dream is to be acting and SM would never let do a acting debut.
    Sooyoung was praise for her acting when she start but SM didn't giver her any drama, Yuri and yoona had more dramas than her.
    Seohyun debuted at a very young age i think she just want to see what is outside SM.

and the fact that you criticize them to don't have the SNSD in their instagram or to use the popularity of snsd to make a career it's stupid for me.
    I think that when they delete the SNSD from their bio was to prove that they'll try to make a name for themself.
    And even if they don't want to use the name of SNSD they don't have the choice, it's sad but even in 20 years Sunny, sooyoung etc.... will always be snsd members.
    SNSD is the biggest kpop group even if they don't they always be stuck with the " SNSD members"

And i'm not against a OT5 promotion because for me snsd is still OT8 so for me it's most like a sub unit of snsd
    but even if OT5 make a remix of the shark song i'll stream the song until my death

NCT_lt3 likes this.