RANIA's Alex Rap in English...

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Inactive, Dec 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Inactive

Inactive Leader

Currency:
    Do you think it was a good move to have her rap in English?

2. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    She has to rap in english, its not like she knows korean

3. Fa_Mulan

Fa_Mulan Newbie

Currency:
    Her being in this group doesn't matter,people still don't support Rania and they are adding members one after one.:cool:

4. kpopaye

kpopaye Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Girl Group Trash
    The thing I still don't understand is why add a member in the first place who doesnt know korean..?:whatr:
    She didn't even have a proper debut last year when they edited her in the MV (Yes i know alex had visa issues)
    but yeah I feel like her company needs to be smart with this

5. Inactive

Inactive Leader

Currency:
    that's true, I just kinda expected her to... learn Korean? lol

Daneyed likes this.
  6. dprcream

dprcream Married to @yoichiidesu

Currency:
    pup dealer
    Would it be a smart move to make Bambam rap in thai in GOT7's songs? No. Therefore they should treat Alex like any other foreign trainee and make her rap in korean. ''she doesn't know korean'' isn't an excuse because first of all, she is learning korean, and second of all, every other foreign kpop idol sang/rapped in korean even if their korean wasn't that good. They're making her standout even more, in a bad way, she wants to be a kpop idol, they shouldn't focus on the fact that she's not asian, rather that she is a kpop idol, therefore she should have her lines in korean, like every other kpop idol. Now they're treating her like ''that one very different artist that's in a kpop group'' which won't help her at all.

7. meggan

meggan Idol

Currency:
    Disappointing. They could've at least had her learn just those lines in Korean. With some English in it.

kpopaye and Inactive like this.
  8. dprcream

Currency:
    pup dealer
    She's learning, I could name you tons of foreign kpop idols who at first didn't speak that much korean but still had their lines in korean.

karebearsays, its_zo, Haeryn and 2 others like this.
  9. Haeryn

Haeryn Idol

Currency:
    I think they're desperately going for a marketting move by revolving this comeback around Alex hoping it'll attract international fans because she's black and it's a new thing in kpop. I have nothing against her but I don't get why they're involving her so much when she doesn't even speak korean as far as we know (and why did she agree to all this honestly, she's just being wasted).

They should have made her rap in korean though, lots of foreigner have lines in korean even though I'm sure they don't understand anything of what they're saying. Korean idols are releasing japanese songs even though they don't speak japanese at all, it's the same thing. I don't think making her rap in english is a good move.

littlemissnoname and Inactive like this.
  10. Inactive

Inactive Leader

Currency:
    thats what I was thinking too... like, at least just practice your rap lines and the song? I was really looking forward to seeing her speak Korean as a non asian foreigner...

11. Inactive

Inactive Leader

Currency:
    I agree with this... the least she could have done is practiced her rap part in Korean

Haeryn likes this.
  12. pannypop21

pannypop21 Super Rookie

Currency:
    she's learning Korean and improving but rapping in a foreign language can be hard, more often then not when they make a Chinese version of a song then the rapper still raps in Korean

13. kpopenthusiast12

kpopenthusiast12 Celebrity

Currency:
    Making her debut in the group without knowing a word in korean was the first bad move that the company made.

littlemissnoname and kpopaye like this.
  14. propanda

propanda Very Important Panda

Currency:
    Actually lot of foreign idols meaning non-korean aren't that fluent in Korea. They usually rap in korean sure, but I have seen koreans say they have accents while doing so and that their korean isn't that good in varieties etc- sometimes they just don't understand what is going on.

Also her rapping in English when it's just rap part of the song isn't that big of deal when kpop songs have tons of english anyways. But she should learn korean though to communicate somehow with others without always needing translation, I think she is, but she's bit behind most of non-korean idols with it.

15. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    I know that she is practicing, but in rap if your pronunciation is not very good, even if u have a nice flow it will suck. So I think it might be best if she continues in English untill she has a fluent level of Korea,

Also alot of rap lines in kpop songs are in english, even by koreans, so why just give her a hard time?

16. Inactive

Inactive Leader

Currency:
    I mean, she could have done a mixture of english and Korean... I see a lot of idols do it that way too...

Haeryn and kpopaye like this.
  17. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    Uhm....why are you all hating on her? She's learning Korean anyways, she just needs some more time and her rap is really good.

taechunay likes this.
  18. dprcream

Currency:
    pup dealer
    because all of her lines are in english, and as a kpop idol she should rap in korean, english isn't bad i know there are plenty of artists who use english but it's a very small amount of english compared to the korean, no one is giving her a hard time we're talking about the company who doesn't do the job proprely, remember Tao wasn't even able to say rice proprely in korean? Well he still had his lines in korean, not in mandarin. My point is every other foreign idol is doing it in korean why should she do it in english? She's no different from them. Her company has to understand that.

19. dprcream

Currency:
    pup dealer
    i am not hating on her, i am hating on her company because i feel bad for her they aren't treating her the same as any other kpop idol

20. centen

centen Celebrity

Currency:
    I really want to like Alex's inclusion in Rania, but it really feels like the company doesn't know what to do with her. So they're deliberately making her seem separate (in everything -- from her lack of inclusion in live performances to the styling where all the girls are wearing sleek cocktail dresses while she's in frilly Tinkerbell-esque pastels to her lack of Korean to it being Rania "starring" Alex to making her the "leader" of a group of people whose language she doesn't speak...) it just makes her inclusion feel forced and awkward and contrived. Like they think she doesn't belong, but they feel like they have to do something with her.

Haeryn and yuyingx like this.