Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Questions about NCT

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by fallsandcrashes, Mar 22, 2018.

1. fallsandcrashes

fallsandcrashes Super Rookie

Lately, I have been getting into NCT more and I got myself thinking about some stuff

1. Is NCT 127 fixed? In Weekly Idol, Renjun mentioned that once you graduate Dream you can join the Seoul team. So are there going to be multiple groups based in Korea or will all the future units be in different countries ie. China, Japan, Vietnam, etc.

2. Will the foreign teams promote in Korea as well or just their given country? Like how JYP's Chinese boy group is only promoting in China. Because then they might not get many international fans if they only promote in a specific country. Look at Idol Producer, lots of international viewers lost interest overtime and in general not many people keep up with Chinese promotions.

And something else I wanna add, but shifting members around does suck. One thing that really attaches me to groups is the group dynamic and chemistry among all the members. It sucks how you might really like the group dynamic, but it's only temporary for the rotational units.

2. LAYNICORNINFIRES

LAYNICORNINFIRES Akp’s Meme Queen™
    Events Team

uwuing into oblivion
    1. I myself am not too sure on this. I’m pretty sure they’re fixed tho.
    And there will be international units, idk abt Korea

2. There will be more units like 127, except based in different countries. Like 127, who primarily promotes in Seoul, those units will probably focus on the city they’re based in.

And yeah, the members can go on their own way and that’s sad, I’ll miss them :/

3. Belgian_ELF

Belgian_ELF NCTzen ♡ Taeyong ♡
    Awards Team

professional Taeyong worshipper
    1. Yes, the Dreamies will probs be in new units (like U, which is rotational)
    2. Well, 127 will debut this year in Japan, so I think it depends? It's not clear yet

4. FTJ

FTJ Entertainer

When they first announced NCT it seemed like the goal was to develop groups for individual markets and they would concentrate promoting there and help grow those markets. Membership would be fluid, with the NCT name brand being the most important thing, since that was one of LSM's original dreams in an idol group. 127 is supposed to be for Korea and international.

Now, who knows?

5. JJBaker

JJBaker Artist

1. I believe Birthday Boy Renjun meant to say U as he didn't mention U or he was going say the china unit and decided against it as he will be in the China unit
    There will always be NCT U 127 & DREAM which are based in Korea
    U & Dream are rotational..
    Dream with a age limit so eventually dream will be a whole new unit basically..

2. China unit most likely will stick to China due to THAAD but will realise Korean versions and promote those in Korea..
    All the rest will most likely do 2 version and promote in both countries...

3. 127 isn't rotational so get attached to them
    Dream is only slightly rotational members don't join once they leave as they leave due to age limit and members will join most likely at a younger age so they are ok to get to attached to as well...
    U is the always changing one never get attached to U xD

6. Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47 Married to: peachHeaven

Buddy Gang
    Just stan Jaehyun and Doyoung :yesr:

jacksonized likes this.