Queendom - Mamamoo Opening Performance

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by topsyoxy, Aug 16, 2019.

?

rate

1. 10-9 hipity hopity these girls don't stop

21 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. 8-7

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. 6-5

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. 4-3

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. 2-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 0-boring

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. topsyoxy

topsyoxy Super Rookie

Loveless°

DAMMMN, I felt that. My favorite performance so far

2. Park_Oppa

Park_Oppa Public Figure

Being a full time mom to my son Taeyong.
    AOA one was out of sync and awkward. Should be filmed again, GIDLE was mostly Soyeon and the back dancers but Mamamoo’s is really damn good. Love Hwasa voice.

Girls making me repent for all those times I’ve dragged them :sweatr:

3. gh05t

gh05t Super Rookie

Mamamoo slaying as usual.

4. chuusaintyves

chuusaintyves Public Figure

wow, this is by far the best opening yet, it was intimate, show cased their amazing vocals, beautiful song, the set was much better compared to the other groups performing in empty rooms, and they highlighted all the members not just hwasa.

the other girls are really gonna have to bring it now that mamamoo has shown up

5. topsyoxy

topsyoxy Super Rookie

Loveless°
    Mamamoo did it right. Even though Hwasa is the most popular member, she not only started first, but also introduced the group, then introduced the members, they all were given time to shine and worked together to create amazing harmony. Each member got individual screen time and didn't look awkward or out of place. They're too good for this show.

6. TwicePinkFriend

Even though I'm gonna watch this, I STILL think that it's kinda unfair. Mamamoo is amazing but they're also on another tier popularity wise compared to the others. I'd be seriously surprised if they don't win this thing lol

7. babydoll23

babydoll23 Public Figure

Full time SONE, VIP, Blackjack and Neverland
    Very cool that they did the opening song from their debut album.

I'm with everyone else that says if this is just a popularity contest type show, they will win hands down.

8. taigoesrawr

taigoesrawr Super Rookie

fighting mosquito's with Gowonie~
    as expected.. MAMAMOO outshines the rest.

9. Hallybell

Hallybell Idol

I love it. It was more original than the two others introductions. G-idle was mainly Soyeon ( Soojin too) and friends.

Angela_Cao likes this.
  10. positivityiskeyy

Gotta agree with you. I love soyeon, I really do but nah that wasn't cool to give herself 40 secs of a whole min. The others were backup dancers. She's the leader, that's even worse.... And please, Soojin isn't a variety person either just like Soyeon but she isn't given that much push/time. That goes back to some things I thought but I believed would change over the months.... How Soyeon had for the MMA, GDA, TMA solo rap parts. How Senorita was supposedly about Soojin but she ended up giving herself the solo part during the TMA stage? Same thing with the Gaon awards, she had the dance stage when Soojin is the main dancer. I mean....
    Sorry, I digressed a bit but this performance really reminded me of what "fair distribution" means with Hwasa not being pushed as much as Soyeon while still being, undeniably, the most popular member. Soyeon isn't even the most popular in the fandom btw...Soojin is just as known to the public as Soyeon is.

EDIT : Gotta also add that I know Soyeon is extremely talented, probably the most well-rounded idol, she's genuinely so impressive but here we're not talking about skills. She's the leader and a leader needs to know when to let others shine. But that's also what we get when she's the main producer of the group. Idle would be nothing without her, for good or for worse... Which is why IDLE needs another MAIN producer, Minnie is only given b-sides which is unfortunate because I really love For you's composition.

#10 positivityiskeyy, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    taigoesrawr, Haolat and topsyoxy like this.
  11. topsyoxy

topsyoxy Super Rookie

Loveless°
    I'm also more concerned about the other members. Miyeon and Minnie both can dance, Miyeon improving very much since Hann, but both their strong points is singing. You don't need extravagant dances when you have an amazing voice. However, Soojin who's just a vocal gets more time than them and they're the main vocals. Soyeon even had a break dance during the Uhoh stages when it could of been given to Yuqi who's also the lead dancer, or it could of rotated between members with a new dance everytime.

12. Eye_Dull

Eye_Dull Super Rookie

Do me a favor and don't mention I-DLE when you're facts and reasons come straight out of your ass..

This is a thread about Mamamoo, not I-DLE, make a thread if you want to talk about I-DLE or just go to the bashing thread if you wanna spew nonsense.

Or just go on your main account.

Edit: 2 antis now talking about I-DLE instead of mamamoo smh

babydoll23, Vocea, LeahFrey and 2 others like this.
  13. topsyoxy

topsyoxy Super Rookie

Loveless°
    I understand idle is your bais group or your either a Soyeon solo stan, but both groups are in this competition and both groups did opening performances. There's nothing wrong with comparing and just because someone doesn't like a certain direction a group is heading or a series of mistakes a company is making, doesn't make them an anti. And the person even said they loved Soyeon and the other girls. Chill.

PandaZorde likes this.
  14. JClouds

JClouds Newbie

Mamamoo should be more popular in America. Their music and image is very western friendly.

taigoesrawr, Haolat and Angela_Cao like this.
  15. positivityiskeyy

Two antis? What? I'm no anti. Soyeon is super talented, she's probably (to me) the most talented idol of this 3rd gen, so the 4th gen is a given to her. But, I simply meant I wish she would give more time to the others to shine? I mentioned Soojin but it's even more prevalent with Miyeon who is the main vocal and Minnie, as well as Yuqi. Shuhua's case can be explained though. I perhaps exaggerated with Soojin but for the other members, I'm sorry but we don't see them shine that much. And I'm truly not bashing them. I'm hoping things will be more fair in the future, that's all and I do think they will probably because Soyeon is trying to cater to everyone's needs through the different concepts she's putting out there.

Did you also read what I said before saying "this is a thread about Mamamoo"? I said I digressed a bit but I explained why I was talking about IDLE because this is a competition, and whether you like it or not, it's kinda obvious they're pushing Soyeon as the main face of the group which is fine by me since she's incredible but it's kinda sad to see the rest of the group in the shadows. (literally in the shadows btw). While with Mamamoo (which is the actual subject of this post right?), Hwasa, face of the group, wasn't even pushed in this teaser. So there goes the actual explanation behind my digression.

But that's just what we/ I see from the teaser, and I could be wrong for the future episodes so I'm giving my opinion on the teaser not the whole competition since we didn't even see the first ep.

taigoesrawr and topsyoxy like this.
  16. positivityiskeyy

Agreed! They are deserving and they, in their own ways, remind me of Little mix. I truly love how different each of the members are and their vocals are so beautiful.
    Each member being different is another aspect I love about Mamamoo, this is precisely why I stan MM, IDLE and BTS... They all share that.

#16 positivityiskeyy, Aug 16, 2019
  17. Eye_Dull

Eye_Dull Super Rookie

Oh, so we talking about the competition?

Show hasn't even started and they already made a series of em, MULTIPLE mistakes, in a 1 minute opening performance, damn.

I didn't recall anyone singing during their intro, maybe I missed it, my bad love.

I remember a dope Soyeon rap break... maybe Yuqi should've rapped there.. she did rap on WYN. But yeah same point as before... what's their Uh-Oh promotion gotta do with their opening performance?

Maybe I could take your criticisms without malice if you didn't have a hit piece out on the group, every single member.

18. topsyoxy

topsyoxy Super Rookie

Loveless°
    Wow, lovely, you took what I said out of context and didn't even @ me.
    1. I was talking about Cube and how they practically made 4minute Hyuna which ruined the group by focusing on one member.
    2. I was not talking about the competition, I was responding back to @positivityiskeyy and how it's not just Soojin who gets the short in of the stick, but also the other members who have to share that short stick
    3. Again I was responding back to Pos and there are members in the group who are good at things too and should have an opportunity to show it.
    4. I really don't hate a single member, but certain things are obvious. Just say you're a solo stan and you don't really care about the group as a whole.

taigoesrawr likes this.
  19. Eye_Dull

Eye_Dull Super Rookie

You are comparing a well established top tier gg who are massively popular to the GP, to a 1 year girl group, who's only significant claim to fame are Soyeon and Yuqi. One bad public showing and I-DLE could lose it all, they are powered by Korean GP.

So why not have your most talented performer take the lead? These opening performances purpose was to introduce the groups, Soyeon did that with her rap then took a back seat and let Soojin take the center. Now both of I-DLEs best performers have had the spotlight on them. Why's this bad to you? Why is having their first impression to a new audience be Soyeon and Soojin bad? I-DLE has good vocals but they've never been known for them like MMM has been, why would I-DLE detract from what has worked before right now?

The show LITERALLY hasn't started yet, we have not seen another stage from them so how can you say for certain other members won't get shine?

Look at all of I-DLES cover songs and tell me which Soyeon steals the performance in...

Hot issues - nope
    U Go girl - nope
    All that Jazz - nope
    Fake Love - I'd say yes
    Sunny - nope
    Light my body up - nope

Soyeon doesn't make every decision for I-DLE, I don't get why people think she is the CEO.

#19 Eye_Dull, Aug 16, 2019
    LeahFrey and Bomsuniquevocals like this.
  20. purnhub

purnhub Public Figure

purn star