Psst U Got Any Story prompts?

Discussion in 'The Studio' started by god7, Oct 13, 2019.

1. god7

god7 Newbie

Currency:
    I have had writers block for two months. Its killing me. Nothing seems interesting to write. I think I'm just too stuck in my own head.

Anyone got any story prompts/ideas they feel like giving away?

2. ChoIzanami

ChoIzanami Newbie

Currency:
    Student
    I'm the opposite of you actually. I have a ton of ideas. but lack the time to sit down and finish any of them.
    I actually like writing fantasy a lot, so most of my ideas are quite 'magical'.
    I'm, also the admin of an RPG on What's App, that features are few other people. We're all grown ups now so the story is unfolding slowly.
    I usually conduct a small Halloween story for this, but I'll have to work on Halloween this year, so I won't be having time for that TT°TT
    But I often asked myself how other people would write a story around some of my ideas, so if you're interested in Fantasy, I could just explain some of the crazy stuff inside my head and you could see, if you're inspired by that xD

god7 likes this.
  3. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    What kind of stories do you write?

god7 likes this.
  4. god7

god7 Newbie

Currency:
    yeah having the time and patience to sit down and write story ideas out is a huge struggle and its a big problem all to itself. for me its great when i have both a lot of ideas and a lot time and patience to write them but the busier I get with life and work the more I lack one, the other, or both lol

well usually when i hear other people's ideas what happens is i get my own idea from it. it ends up being my version of that idea or a spin off of that idea which is similar but very different. so yeah definitely tell me some ideas and i'll tell you if they trigger any ideas and what they are like!

ChoIzanami likes this.
  5. god7

god7 Newbie

Currency:
    usually romance, fantasy romance, or horror romance. but no matter what there would be romance lol

StCatMouse likes this.
  6. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    Do you publish your work online? I consume a lot of horror-related media, aside from films and TV shows, I listen to a lot of horror podcasts and read pretty much anything even horror-parallel stories. Always hunting for stuff to read. Fantasy's a close second.

7. ChoIzanami

ChoIzanami Newbie

Currency:
    Student
    Having to Adult is the main problem when writing stories, I think. There's just so much to do that is just... ugh, killing the vibe. >_<

So, this is the back story of my RPG right now. Would be really cool to hear another perspective:
    Before the main story happened, a group of supernaturals and humans averted the apocalypse and also had to disguise its happening from humanity, so the world is just recovering from a very dark time noone but the main character really remembers.

After a few months of peace a strange man appeared in New York and was confronted by a supernatural hunter after he attacked a young woman. He was unlike any other beast that was seen on earth before and the hunter got some troubeling information: A group of beeings arrived on Earth from... somewhere else. Maybe it was a different dimension or one of the so-called Hidden Realms, parallel universes with their own rules. They call themselves Nito and told the hunter that they were on the hunt for human souls. They feed these souls to a thing they call "The Red Gate" and they say that when the Red Gate will be fully charged, the world will end. These Nito started to appear all over the world and some hunters started to hunt especially for them and their creations. When a human soul is taken away by a Nito, the human does not die immediatly, but starts to change over the course of the next days: They start out as tired and powerless, become even quieter and more passive until they're barely conscious anymore, like the empty shell they are. A few days after they lost their souls people "implode" and become what is called a Distortion. A kind of bubble with a distorted reality and a hostile beeing in the center. DIstortions differ greatly depending on the human that created them. If other humans walk into the DIstortion, they loose their souls if they stay in there for too long, creating more Distortions over time. A Distortion can be erradicated by destroying the beeing in it's center. Once a human turns into a Distortion, they can't be safed anymore. Killing the Beeing at it's center (usually also reffered to as Distortion), they human perrishes. To hunt DIstortions down, hunters team up with so-called Seers and one of these teams are the storys leads. Cho Descent lives in Tokyo and she's a seer with the god given power to have visions of Distortion, when they form. She can also track them down like a sonar. Cho is a magician, her mother beeing the Head of the Academia Magica, Headquaters for elementar magicans. Allthough she's able to use most of the elementals, she prefers fire and also used to be a high pristess for Fire Spirit Ignis before the spirits disappeared turing the apocalypse. All elementals are weakened now so she mainly uses Vitae, healing magic, to help out. She works with a hunter called Nik (Nikolaos), a vampire, who was turned during WWII in Europe and migrated after his wife was killed. Together they hunt for Distortions and other hostile beeings while trying to also find new allies.

I took a lot of inspiration from folklore, anime, games and music for the background story. I wanted it complex, but also open to new ideas.

I also started work on a "Final Fantasy/Fire Emblem" like long fantasy story about a young dragon princess whose country gets attacked by a neigboring mad king. She flees her home with her bodyguard and starts roaming the continent to find help with an old friend of her fathers to have a chance to get her kingdom back. I even created all characters necessary but never found the time to actually start writing xD

Same happened to an idea playing in the realm of The Legend of Zelda, but a bit more dark and mature then the games usually are. And with a new cast, just a similar setting. Main story idea and characters finished, but no time to sit down and write xD

And I actually started work on a story inspired by a survival horror game series I really like called Fatal Frame. The story is called "Princess of Ashes" and follows a group of four people searching for their friends and sisters, who got lost in a forest during a school trip. The forest is said to be haunted and soon the group finds out that the girls were attacked by a hostile ghost and maybe spirited away. One of them has psychic abilities and they try to find the girls before the ghosts may kill them.
    I wrote the introduction and a first chapter. They're in german, but if someone would want to read them, I could translate them and post them.

I also wanted to write a story about a group of young adults or teens trapped inside a strange building by an unknown force. Everyone got a strange message on their phones about something personal to lure them to the building, where they were knocked unconscious and brought inside. They need a code containing 5 words to open the door and escape and the words are spread out across the 5 floors of the building. But on every floor there are also dangers, traps and every floor has a sort of guardian that tries to kill them while they search for the code to escape.

And lastly, I started working on a medival/fantasy court tale... guess, I watched to much Game of Thrones and Scarlet Heart Ryeo xD
    The story revolves around three siblings, whose father is a minister at the court of their kingdom. But then a greedy nobleman and his son start a coup and kill the king to take over the kingdom. Because their father always opposed this man he send a group of assassines to the house at court, where he lives and noone heard from him since then. And every sibling tries from their own perspective to stand their ground.
    The oldest one is a young man who is an ambassador but also a trained swordsman and a skilled archer. He was away in a neighboring kingdom and now hurries back to find and help his father. I thought about giving him a friend or assistant to help him while he tries to cross the country without beeing killed. He's very intelligent and a quick thinker. His father is his idol and he loves him a lot. He's also worried about his mother and his sisters and tries to find out what happened to them.
    The second child is a daughter, that refused to act like a noble lady. She doesn't like beeing a nice and quite wife, hates crotcheting and is a bit cheeky. She learned to use a sword and she stayed with her mother at the summer residentswhen the coup took place. She defended her mom when soldiers of the new king try to kill them and now tries to hurry back to the palast to find her father and her younger sister. She's a bit more rebellious and not as smart as her brother, but she loves her family deeply and would do anything for them. She's also really afraid of the dark. She starts her journey alone but I was thinking about her meeting someone with a similar goal.
    The youngest daughter is a Lady in Waiting to the old kings youngest princess, that is the only princess not married by now. The two of them are good friends and she also gets along with the four princes, that are older then the princess. She's not really close with most of the princes, but friends with the youngest one. She's great in medicine, but not much of a fighter, although she has a small dagger. But she's loyal and smart and tries to keep the princess safe after the coup. The crown prince fled the castle after he was wounded and she also keeps his whereabouts a secret. The princes and the princess try to construct a coup for themselves to get their older brother back on the throne, together with the son of the old general, who was also killed.

I often use the same characters or the same names, because I took time to develope some, and just tweek them a bit to match the setting.

There were other ideas, but those were the ones I took time to develope and think about. If anything's to your liking or maybe inspired you to a new story, that would be great ^^