Problem with AKP

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjungie, Mar 21, 2016.

1. jjungie

jjungie Newbie

Currency:
    I recently logged in after being off for a couple of months. And when i logged back in, it said i joined today?! Also all my messages are gone and my friends. I'm pissed about this. I hope someone can address this. I can't contact AKP since i can't find the contact button :/

My icon shows my emotions.

2. stabbed

stabbed Newbie

Currency:
    That happened to all users since allkpop has been updated and looks completely different.

Lemondolly likes this.
  3. kittensmiles

kittensmiles Newbie

Currency:
    You aren't alone. Though, I guess your friend list might make you feel that way (is it too soon for jokes?)

Anyway, I wish it hadn't happened exactly the way it did, but the only thing we can do is try to make a fresh start while they get the new site polished up.

I can't offer anything helpful, so here's a hug instead.

[​IMG]

Hope you can relocate and reconnect with your old friends!!!

4. bacon_48_6

bacon_48_6 Newbie

Currency:
    JIMIN'S WIFE
    man same it sucks

5. krell

krell Rookie

Currency:
    AKP made the *reasonable* assumption (my view) that AKP users would have a RECORD of those *other* AKP users that they considered 'friends' on AKP. The AKP username database was obviously saved and transferred to this new XENFORO software here, that AKP is now using it. To try to save the OLD FORUM THREADS and other information, was WAY TOO MUCH work (so financial COST = $$$$) involved. It is unfortunate, but in my view a *reasonable* BUSINESS decision on the part of AKP. In my view, AKP did what they could REASONABLY do it. I think this new XENFORO software is *clearly* a BIG IMPROVEMENT. And I am pretty certain that the FORUM MODERATORS like it a LOT more than the old custom software. This new XENFORO software; you can use 'PHP Code' to customize it. Which, that is a BIG IMPROVEMENT too. The old software had gotten 'flawed' to the point where it made a LOT of sense just to REPLACE it with something COMPLETELY NEW that WORKED BETTER. The 'downside' of it, was that a LOT of the FORUMS information was lost, sadly. From a 'cost standpoint' that was the 'trade off' decision that was made by AKP. I think AKP made the *correct* decision. But aspects of it, some AKP users are not so pleased about it.

I am *amused* at those who are upset over 'Losing my REPUTATION POINT standing' on AKP. It will NOT affect your message postings now, one way or the other. Right? ... ;)

ihavemyownkey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted