PRISTIN officially disbanded [Pledis Statement / Updated: Xiyeon's letter to fans]

Discussion in 'Celebrity Gossip' started by Hermes1, May 24, 2019.

1. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Posted by germainej [​IMG] 6 hours ago | May 24, 2019
    BREAKING
    PRISTIN officially disband just 2 years after debut
    AKP STAFF

[​IMG]

PRISTIN are officially disbanding just 2 years after their debut.

According to reports on May 24, Pledis Entertainment and the members have decided to disband PRISTIN only 2 years after their debut. The label has now confirmed the news and revealed Nayoung, Roa, Yuha, Eunwoo, Rena, Xiyeon, and Kyla have terminated their contracts, while Kyulkyung, Yehana, and Sungyeon will continue under Pledis Entertainment.

There were previously rumors of PRISTIN's disbandment since Kyla's hiatus in October of 2017, and fans have been wondering about the girl group as it's been 2 years since any promotions.

PRISTIN debuted with their album 'Hi! Pristin' in March of 2017 and their last release was 'Schxxl Out' in August of the same year. Their subunit PRISTIN V also released 'Like a V' in May of 2018.

Pledis Entertainment's full statement is below:

"Hello. This is Pledis Entertainment.

Firstly, we'd like to sincerely thank fans who love PRISTIN.

We're giving this official statement on the disbandment of PRISTIN and the contract termination for some of the members.

The company and the members had in-depth discussions for a while and deliberated before coming to a mutual agreement. It's been decided with the exception of Kyulkyung, Yehana, and Sungyeon, the other seven members (Nayoung, Roa, Yuha, Eunwoo, Rena, Xieyon, and Kyla) have terminated their exclusive contracts as of May 24, 2019.

We'd like to apologize to fans, who've always been supportive, for the unfortunate news.

This decision had to be made carefully, and a lot of time was put into this matter. After our discussions, we decided to respect the PRISTIN members' wishes and disband the group and terminate the contracts.

Members Kyulkyung, Yehana, and Sungyeon expressed they wished to stay with the label. We'll actively support Kyulkyung, Yehana, and Sungyeon and their stable individual careers. We'll wholeheartedly suppor them, so they can be more active and have various activities.

As for the PRISTIN members who'll be leaving our agency, we'd like to express our deep gratitude to them and sincerely support them on their new paths though their contracts with us have ended.

This was an important and sensitive matter that required careful thought, and we sincerely apologize to fans for the late delivery of this news and worrying them. Finally, we ask fans show unchanging members for the 7 PRISTIN members and Kyulkyung, Yehana, and Sungyeon as they start new beginnings.

Thank you."

Source: AKP article

2. millsisannoyed

millsisannoyed Super Rookie

professional rosé stan
    fuck pledis i miss them so much

3. In2ManyFandoms

In2ManyFandoms Married to @StrayLuv

Anticipating SuperM
    dang. I never got to get into them.

4. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

[​IMG]

Posted by germainej [​IMG] 1 hour ago | May 25, 2019
    Xiyeon writes letter to fans after news of PRISTIN's disbandment
    AKP STAFF

[​IMG]
    Xiyeon has written a letter to fans after news of PRISTIN's disbandment.

On May 24, Pledis Entertainment announced the label and members have decided to disband PRISTIN only 2 years after their debut. The label confirmed the news and revealed Nayoung, Roa, Yuha, Eunwoo, Rena, Xiyeon, and Kyla have terminated their contracts, while Kyulkyung, Yehana, and Sungyeon will continue under Pledis Entertainment.

Xiyeon's letter is as follows:

"Hello. This is Park Siyeon.

Firstly, I'm sorry for writing to you with bad news.

I was able to spend days truly happy thanks to High, who've given me love continuously for my past 11 years at Pledis Entertainment and 2 years with PRISTIN. Thank you.

Though this is the end of our activities as PRISTIN, I'll work hard in the future as Park Siyeon to make up for all the love you've given me.

I hope that together with me, you'll watch over and support the new beginning of our members, who I've been with for so long.

I'm so sorry and grateful to everyone who's loved and waited for PRISTIN."

source: AKP articles

5. Meloverse

Meloverse ♔ Snake Princess ♔

☾ Universe // Byulharang ☆
    Pristin literally said annyeong!

One step closer to reuniting IOI! Thank you god!

6. Whodatwhodatboy

Whodatwhodatboy Trainee

Waste of time and talent
    Fuck you pledis

7. StarFruitie

StarFruitie Newbie

Army★Once
    I really liked PRISTIN V...:cryingk: