(POLL) Dating ban within the company..

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by lizvip, Aug 3, 2018.

Tags:
?

Do you think dating ban within the company workers should be the norm?

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. lizvip

lizvip A-List

Currency:
    You all already know what happened in Cube Ent.
    As well are rumors that they probably will cancel Pentagon fanmeet.

There are companies that ban dating within the company ( work place), like YG ( With their new artists) and others that have nothing to do with kpop ( example the main hospital of my island).

Considering till this day kpop still based in the "boyfriend & girlfriend" illusion and that companies invest a lot of money on this groups , and some of the time when dating rumors are confirmed (specially on rookies) the group or specifically that person career could be ruined.

As well is there a bad break up, no matter the level of maturity, some times it could be awkward to work with an ex. ( example rumored Teddy and Lexy).

Do you think dating ban within the company workers should be the norm?

#1 lizvip, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  2. notthatmarko

Currency:
    Dating bans don't exist in the first place.

MOEBIUS, Darkrai and KarmaButterfly like this.
  3. lizvip

lizvip A-List

Currency:
    Actually like I explained in my work place it does. Is on my contract and is legal.

JakeyWantsCakey, La_Decay and eigb10 like this.
  4. RedueBelbet

RedueBelbet Public Figure

Currency:
    Anticipating Dreamcatcher’s comeback
    I mean, maybe it should be considered but the fact they feel the need to ban something that is;

A) completely normal
    B) obviously going to happen when you put males and females together

Is ludicrous. Relationships are a part of human life; in all, banning that just makes idols less and less human.

It’s also kinda the fans fault for constantly harassing the couple as well

JakeyWantsCakey and lizvip like this.
  5. eigb10

eigb10 Public Figure

Currency:
    I think there shouldn't be a ban depending on the persons job
    *but gotta keep things professional at work

6. ForgottenSoul

ForgottenSoul A-List

Currency:
    Ill vote yes the people voting NO dont see how big a dating scandal is for groups.

Is it really fair for a few members to ruin the whole group because you cant keep your dick in your pants for a while?

#6 ForgottenSoul, Aug 3, 2018
    JakeyWantsCakey, freehage and lizvip like this.
  7. Karla

Karla Super Rookie

Currency:
    I can actually somewhat understand a dating ban within a company. I have mixed feelings about it. If the couple breaks up, that could lead to difficult relationships within the workplace.

I don’t think there should be any general dating bans though among K Pop singers, whether that is contractually or just spoken by word so to speak, it should be the choice of the individuals. If you are allowed to date and you get into a relationship I don’t think anyone has an obligation to tell the world about a relationship, but I don’t like the secretive dating goings on either. Being open with the fans is a good thing, hiding a relationship may lead to scandal and possibly more controversy in the long run than if you just come out in the beginning of a relationship and say that you are in a relationship with someone.

#7 Karla, Aug 3, 2018
  8. Dribble

Dribble Public Figure

Currency:
    O. My country does that too.

Workers around the country are prohibited from dating each other.

If not they will be move to different department or fired.

9. Kelly

Kelly Public Figure

Currency:
    On the contrary, I want (public) dating to become the norm for idols. No 'scandals' or any damage attached to it. ...Just let me dream please okay

10. lizvip

lizvip A-List

Currency:
    Yeah that good. But I'm asking mainly withing the same company (same work place) , considering this type of bans are normal in a lot of places ( notrelated to kpop).

JakeyWantsCakey likes this.
  11. Juliabuhuhu

Juliabuhuhu Celebrity

Currency:
    No. It's a human right to date/love someone. I won't be taking it just for some stupid fangirls whose parents can't control. I know I sound mean but I'm so done with all this dating called a scandal.

12. lizvip

lizvip A-List

Currency:
    But like I explained is not only something in the kpop world but 'real life' some companiesdo banthis type of relationships. Andis not about fan girls tho.

13. perpetualpotato

Currency:
    From the basic freedom point of view I don't like it much, but from a business standpoint it makes sense to me. Relationships get messy, many of them don't last long and then you have these two people in the company that get awkward around each other. Some might be able to not let it get to them, but it's hard to control emotions sometimes.
    On top of those two people getting weird, they might also split a friend group at the workplace too. Even more awkward.
    And then there's the chance of someone in a 'low rank job' getting together with an exec and the possible favoritism that follows. I think a lot of companies would generally like to avoid that kinda messy situations, and some choose to just outright ban what leads to them.
    Then when it comes to k-pop entertainment companies, they have the public drama to consider too. Sometimes it's hard to say what kinda backlash the idols get, others have their fangirls snap and start sending death threats and then there's the ones that have their fans pretty much shrug and spam them with congratulations. It's like playing lottery with your stocks.
    Still gonna vote 'no' tho, I feel it would be a bit weird to have a dating ban be the norm.

14. hamster37

hamster37 Rookie

Currency:
    I dont get why its not okay to date someone in your company but okay to date someone in your school

15. lizvip

lizvip A-List

Currency:
    You dont get pay to do work in your school...

16. Juliabuhuhu

Juliabuhuhu Celebrity

Currency:
    But with what would it help in real life? People just need to be profesional at work and that's all. Even if they break up, that should not have anything to do with their work. Plus most people don't choose to be with someone in their department, even if it's the same company. People fall in love and break up all the time. How they get over it it's their problem. Some company should not be in their way. I get it we are talking about business here but for me it's still no.

17. lizvip

lizvip A-List

Currency:
    I'm not saying it helpts. I'm saying is already a thing in real life. And it happenes.
    And sorry but yes some times work get awkward with a mess up relationship.

18. Merpedy

Merpedy Public Figure

Currency:
    I don't think they exist to such an extent as fans believe them to - during rookie years you don't want scandals obviously, but after that they're probably free to do whatever with whoever assuming it's all kept under the covers. Companies are bound to work with their 'money makers' to keep shit secret, and it's simply easier if it's within the company. Chances are, the majority of these idols don't work that closely on stage so even if stuff does get 'messy' they have to remain professional and can't go around spreading how shit the other person is, and if they choose to go public they are likely pretty confident that nothing drastic will happen to change their relationship and are content with each other.

I think it's more likely that dating bans are an unspoken/slightly spoken rule with other companies. Essentially, idols dating with others in other companies are playing a way more risky game. You can't really turn up with an excuse as to why someone from YG was seen with someone from SM or whatever.

19. Teudungi21

Teudungi21 Trendsetter

Currency:
    I vote no but a company can strongly discourage their employees to date but no there should not be a ban explicitly. The reason why this culture of being afraid to date still exist is because the companies foster the mentality in their fans. It does help in terms of how loyal their fans are but it has plenty of negative impacts on the artists health. So no I think making it so we dont have a ban and shifting the Stan culture would be a better route rather than continuing along this way and hurting the artist.

20. lizvip

lizvip A-List

Currency:
    Thats it apply to kpop companies.
    But what about normal companies that have nothing to do with kpop and still use this kind of bans?

21. hamster37

hamster37 Rookie

Currency:
    well scholars exists