Please Help Me like Kdramas

Discussion in 'K-Movies & TV' started by xoxoseok, Oct 15, 2019.

1. xoxoseok

xoxoseok Trainee

Currency:
    i've attempted to dip my foot into kdramas for about a year now --- there's only one i've ever finished. weightlifting fairy kim bok joo was a series i honestly enjoyed so much, and ever since i finished it i haven't been able to find a kdrama to watch since.

i've tried boys over flowers, cheese in the trap, love alarm, my first love story. none of them have interested me. i also tried to watch moon lovers but was completely spoiled by a friend of mine and lost interest.

I think what I'm looking for is something romantic and comedic, but also where the characters have more going on for them than the main romance. for kim bok joo, there was obviously her competitive weightlifting and things with her family. it feels more realistic to me when the series doesn't completely revolve around the romance. also not a fan of the typical one dimensonal female antagonist, i like when shows give them depth but they're still dislikable. i'm also a slut for friends to lovers but it isn't required. movies are also okay.

i also would love the get into any reality shows, i attempted produce x101 but couldn't keep up with it and have no interest with the final lineup spoiled. i try an episode of knowing bros every now and then.

any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

#1 xoxoseok, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
    ItsMilly43 and Haolat like this.
  2. jaesix

jaesix Rookie

Currency:
    jae's personal hand holder
    Cheer Up! Sassy Go Go starred by Jung Eunji (Apink), Lee Won Geun, Jisoo is my k-drama to go every time. Though I watched it quite a few times now, still one of the best I watched. Also if you're into some old school, try Sensory Couple starred by Park Yoo Chun, and if you're into Lee Minho, try Personal Taste and The Heirs.

3. Haolat

Haolat Idol

Currency:
    Yoo Young Jin fan
    For Kdramas maybe you can try
    Doctors
    Yoo Hye-jung (Park Shin-hye) was a headstrong girl in high school with a prickly, gangster personality. Due to her many childhood scars, Hye-jung keeps her heart closed towards other people. However, she changes after meeting her mentor Hong Ji-hong (Kim Rae-won), who plays a key role in transforming her life from a "hopeless" delinquent to a compassionate doctor. They part ways subsequently but meet again after 13 years, when Yoo Hye-jung becomes a doctor.[5]

Descendants of the Sun

Suspicious Partner
    The series is about Noh Ji-wook (Ji Chang-wook), a prosecutor, and Eun Bong-hee (Nam Ji-hyun), a prosecutor trainee, and how they work together on a mysterious case involving a sly psychopath murderer.They find out how deeply connected they are by their past.[9]

Heart string
    A series of misunderstandings causes Lee Shin (Jung Yong-hwa), the cocky leader of "The Stupid" and Lee Gyu-won (Park Shin-hye), a college student majoring in Traditional Korean Music to start on the wrong foot. Gyu-won does not understand why Lee Shin is so popular, until one day she is forced to go the band's concert with her friends, who are fans of "The Stupid". There, she sees Lee Shin performing live, and is immediately captivated by him.

It’s Okay that’s love
    Jang Jae-yeol is an author of bestselling mystery novels and a radio DJ. Playful and a bit arrogant, he also suffers from obsessive–compulsive disorder. Jang Jae-yeol was assaulted by his father when he was young. And his mother accidentally killed his father but he falsely testified that his brother killed his father. That guilt leads him to develop obsessive-compulsive disorder. Ji Hae-soo is a psychiatrist on her first year of fellowship. Driven and ambitious with her career yet compassionate towards her patients, Hae-soo has a negative attitude towards love and relationships in her personal life. Once Jae-yeol and Hae-soo meet, there is much contention between them caused by their strong personalities and refusal to give in to each other. But slowly their bickering turns into love and they begin to learn how compatible they are. Jae-yeol and Hae-soo attempt to heal each other's deep-seated wounds, but their fledgling relationship takes a blow when they learn that Jae-yeol's mental health issues are more serious than they initially suspected.[6][7]

4. bamboozled_61

bamboozled_61 Trainee

Currency:
    As you like romcoms
    I recommend
    Jealousy incarnate
    The greatest love
    Master sun
    It's ok that love
    Pasta

I am personally a fan of gong hyo jin she never disappoints

5. just-another-day

Currency:
    I’m not sure what region you are in, but some fun rom coms with multiple character stories are “She Was Pretty”, “Oh My Venus”, and “ Reply 1994”. All of the “Reply” shows are good to me. These all have a wide dynamic of characters not just the leads. I also like the list that Jaesix offered.

EDIT: actually all the ones listed in replies while I was typing are good as well.

ItsMilly43 and xoxoseok like this.
  6. monke

monke Feline Villain

Currency:
    aside from the ones already recommended, the Reply series are consistently good.
    for good plot and good acting, i like Eric Mun's dramas.
    secret garden and 1st shop of coffee prince will always be guilty pleasure. basically i can forgive weakish plot as long as the leads have good chemistry.

ItsMilly43, xoxoseok and Haolat like this.
  7. allweareisrage

Currency:
    I have 2 words for you:
    Watch Healer.

8. Kamissamaponi

Kamissamaponi Trainee

Currency:
    Lawyer
    Doctors was the first that came to my mind reading this topic. Yeah it's a great suggestion

ItsMilly43, Haolat and xoxoseok like this.
  9. hangyullie

hangyullie Newbie

Currency:
    ateez world domination
    +1 Healer is godtier

For romcom's where people have actual activities outside their significant other:
    Fight for My Way
    High School King of Savvy
    W (Two Worlds)
    Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim
    Angry Mom

10. Nana100000

Nana100000 Public Figure

Currency:
    I Am Not A Robot

ItsMilly43 and xoxoseok like this.
  11. lovekibum

lovekibum Newbie

Currency:
    i'm just like you i'm so fussy with dramas and i can never find one i like... it takes a lot of digging. the best i've ever seen are goblin and chicago typewriter i love them so much :oops: very funny and lots of romance but that's not the main focus... also i'd recommend stalking mydramalist if you want more drama !!

ItsMilly43 and momobabe like this.
  12. airboy

airboy Newbie

Currency:
    Even if I watch and like a lot of kdramas I feel jdramas often is better in mixing romance with "normal life".

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  13. Jie2

Jie2 Newbie

Currency:
    I get bored of kdrama from time to time, so I switch it up. In no particular order kdrama than Cdrama than kvariety then c or k light novels, and last c or k manga. Currently watching VIP (only 2 episodes out so far, it's a melo drama?)

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  14. momobabe

momobabe Rookie

Currency:
    suspicious partner!!!!!!! thank me later

Multi_Smile and ItsMilly43 like this.
  15. momobabe

momobabe Rookie

Currency:
    i loved chicago typewriter so much! top3 for me alongside kill me, heal me and suspicious partner. more dramas need to take notes

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  16. s4eguk4nne

s4eguk4nne Trainee

Currency:
    Big from 2012 is a romcom with beautiful storyline. Check it out here :

But yeah kinda rollercoaster. All kdrama in general after 5 peaceful eps will punch your feelings tbh. The only full of comedy is waikiki S1. I haven't watch the S2 so idk.

When you're ready to set aside romcom, and appreciated kdramas in general,
    Time to check their Romance/Fantasy dramas.. Something you can't miss out.

ItsMilly43 and Multi_Smile like this.
  17. yuna_yah

yuna_yah ♡ Kwon Jiyongs Waifu ♡ ~ ♡ ('▽^人) ♡

Currency:
    *•.¸♡ かわいい です♡~
    ehem...mr temporary...mk yep thats all i have to say

tbh i got pretty bored of kdramas but mr temporary was honestly great i would 10/10 recommend it

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  18. Multi_Smile

Multi_Smile Married to @YujaJinsoo

Currency:
    Ikrrr such an amaziiing dramaaa, if u want to watch kinda of similar drama watch , Strangers from hell

yuna_yah and ItsMilly43 like this.
  19. Tenebres

Tenebres Newbie

Currency:
    I highly recommend you to watch Strangers from Hell. It's completely different from the other K-dramas. Only 10 episodes. You will love it

ItsMilly43 likes this.
  20. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

Currency:
    Descendants of the Sun, It's Okay, That's Love, or 100 Days My Prince.

Multi_Smile likes this.