Perfume reacts to "Teens react to JPop"

Discussion in 'J-POP' started by JiminieKookie, Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    But the "Teans react to JPop" is like 3 years old... they should do a new video.... I mean FBE has so much KPop-shit ongoing but they never went back to JPop ...

2. perpetualpotato

I love watching them react to this, they're so pleasant. I hope FBE does another teens react to jpop video too... and then have Perfume react to that one as well :D Also a jrock version would be nice. And if they could get a few Gazette members to react to that...

3. JiminieKookie

Also there is a video about JRock, but imagine if GazettE would sit there and Ruki with his bad English would stat to talk xD

So this is the video they have made 3 years ago...

perpetualpotato likes this.
  4. perpetualpotato

Omg yes thank you, didn't know this existed :D
    I was just watching this. They'd all be hilarious, altho I feel like Uruha might get a bit shy.

5. JiminieKookie

Oh yeah the good old times... I remember before the word "meme" was invited you could literally find most of the time on google only funny pictures about how Reita fucks up with English. I remember the most popular was instead of CD he said "Shitty" or something xD

6. JiminieKookie

7. perpetualpotato

Haha ikr. I wish Gazette still released more behind the scenes stuff, I miss them goofing around.

''Ah here we go with the weird shit again'' ahahaha this video is brilliant. Gotta love visual kei.

JiminieKookie likes this.
  8. JiminieKookie

Same but its sad to see the genre slowly dying out, because most bands who debuted before 2010 are disbandet or on a iternal long hiatus now and the bands who debuted before 2017 mostly even disbandet now too and I don't know any band who debuted in 2017 and after besids ACME but ACME is just people who allready worked in the music buis before so they somehow not really count in my eyes... I don't know many music companys but those I know havn't goten new bands since years and so I feel like if only the companys who produce normal JRock bands survive this now I guess...

9. perpetualpotato

Yeah the field does seem to be shrinking, it's sad. I guess it was bound to since it seems to be a difficult concept for many to understand (visual kei not necessarily equaling music style but still being used to categorize artists) and the limited exposure outside of Japan it's become even more of a niche interest than it originally was.
    The general taste in rock seems to have softened these past few years too, maybe that's part of it. You don't see any proper hard rock charting much, and many visual kei rock groups go for exactly that style. Maybe if the fashion shifts a bit again a new generation of kids will get interested and maybe even start their own groups - but it's not like the kind of music many of these groups are making was ever mainstream anyway.
    So glad to see Gazette is still touring in other countries so I think they'll be fine for quite some time, but I'd love to see some fresh groups too.

10. JiminieKookie

@perpetualpotato

I took a small look into Youtube and the newest bands who debuted 2017 or after are:

• ACME (2017)
    • DatuRΛ (2017, but IDK since the MV teaser for their first MV was posted in december 2016)
    • DIMLIM (2017)
    • Hueye (2019)
    • IllRD (2019)
    • キズ , Kizu (2017)
    • LapLus (2018, but 2 members left allready)
    • まみれた, Mamireta (2017)
    Welp its more as I expected to find, but still not as much as if I had done this liste more than 3 years ago for newer bands...

11. perpetualpotato

Oo nice, I hope they survive. I actually like まみれた, probably because they remind me a bit of the Gazette :D Also DatuRΛ, holy shit the singer is pretty.

12. JiminieKookie

Oh yeah

BTW did do you ever heard of MORRIGAN? They used to be a band I really liked, but they disbandet to early. So the group who was made out of some friends who knew since middle school and played in the school's band together formed MORRIGAN and debuted in 2016, but disbandet in 2018 after their bassist called Pitty randomly decidet to leave. It was very strange cause they gained popularity, many international magazines and websites wanted to interview them and somewhat in the beginning of 2018 Pitty just disapeard after their first worldtour and not even his family could find or call him for some days. After this it came out he wanted to leave the band. Cause their friendship was so deep, they got dipressed without Pitty in the band and than disbandet after only 2 years.

Their vocalist called Aryu was my favourite member and he is so fucking handsome.

IDK what the members do now since they all deleted their twitter accounts a while after the band disbandet so....

This is Aryu:

cats.jpg

13. perpetualpotato

I think I saw you mention them earlier? That was the first time I heard of them. Listening to some of their music makes me sad, it's really good and I feel like they coulda been really big. It's a pity they didn't last longer.
    Maybe we'll see some of their members get into other projects at some point.