Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

« Other groups deserve a chance too »

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Zehila, Jul 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Zehila

Zehila Public Figure

Might trigger some idk

So I saw this argument on many occasions and I'm having a hard time understanding this.
    I personally don’t feel like it's something to say knowing how competitive the music industry is and how competitive humans are in their daily lives. Everyone works hard in their own way that's for sure. But I can't help but disagree with these kind of statements. They just look highly hypocritical to me. If I was following a small group, I would probably want them to succeed in their own rights and taking their own path but succeeding because others acted like "well, we'll give it to you this time" isn't rewarding at all.
    Success is a matter of luck too and if one has too or will be successful isn't up to y or z to decide who achieved enough and can stop there because well they did well enough.

On a smaller scale no one would give a profitable job offer with a good/huge salary and a long list of advantages because, well others deserve a chance too... Sound ridiculous to me. Asking other to basically give you their spot because they did "enough" doesn't feel right.

What do you think about this argument ?

89TIFF, Isarah1, Fyla and 11 others like this.
  2. seungriseyo

seungriseyo Celebrity

i disagree with it too
    i aint gonna give an award out of pity

89TIFF, ecinahs, LifesGood16 and 3 others like this.
  3. lighterxx

lighterxx Married to : @twentyonejongdae

Full-Time Carat with low sense of humour
    in somewhere writing 10th SVT thread of the day
    life is competitive, sometimes you need to destroy someone else to rise. It is same for music industry, you cant wait for someone to leave their position especially in smaller industries such as kpop, you need to show yourself be different. I stan a small group, hell in debut barely 50 people showed up. But now, they showed their talent, its enough for me.

4. Zehila

Zehila Public Figure

Yeah I mean who wants a "fake" success ? Not rewarding at all

ecinahs and seungriseyo like this.
  5. Abeamus

Abeamus Married to @Couponski

Buddy Gang
    Depends when the argument is used really, for example if someone is dead set against checking anyone else out at all then that is one place where the argument can be for the better.

However if it's talking about awards or being the top group then not everyone is going to get that chance and that's just how it goes

89TIFF and Queen like this.
  6. Lulu_Awoo

Lulu_Awoo Trainee

Your Friendly Neighborhood Hype Woman
    If I could i'd give all the awards out to different groups, but i'm not South Korea :) Really it's about finding what the people like and basically milking it until people get tired

7. Zehila

Zehila Public Figure

About that first hypothesis, I always felt like when you discover one group, you naturally dive in that kpop universe at one point whether you like it or not. You're exposed to a variety of groups on a daily basis

Isarah1 likes this.
  8. Plushieless

Plushieless Public Figure

Life is unfair. The music industry is unfair and to top it all, oversaturated. Not everybody who debuts will meet success, some don't even come close. In these cases, I'd rather support and cheer them on instead of whining about their "lack of success". Sometimes we just have to chill and enjoy a group. Not caring about if they are the number one or not, just appreciating that at least these guys even got a chance to debut and put songs out there. Some trainees don't even get a chance.

89TIFF, jasque, ecinahs and 1 other person like this.
  9. chickseli

chickseli Newbie

I got into an argument with someone who said this very thing. She/he couldn't seem to comprehend that it's not how the world or music industry works. It was the saddest thing. They were so insistent that it didn't matter how the industry worked. Others deserve a chance to win awards and all that jazz. I just gave up because being stuck on stupid is a hard frame to battle.

spicyaghase likes this.
  10. Abeamus

Abeamus Married to @Couponski

Buddy Gang
    I think that is usually how it goes but with everyone there is ofc exception

11. Dreamer95

Dreamer95 Celebrity

I mean, I agree but what's wrong with fans saying that? They care about their faves. It is the same as saying certain groups deserves more attention. Nothing wrong with it.

12. Zehila

Zehila Public Figure

I can relate... Happened on so many occasions I mean you can't have everyone out there with that top group success or title, not realistic. People are ranked and compared no matter what. there is that 1% who holds that lucky combination of cards and makes it. Harsh reality.

13. Zehila

Zehila Public Figure

I'm not condemning people who think like that even if I feel kinda sad for them. It's just so unrealistic... I had people asking me to stop supporting x because well they did enough already and need to give their seat to others.

Never heard that type of narrative outside of kpop com tbh

jasque, Milk and ecinahs like this.
  14. L_catzzz

L_catzzz Public Figure

Well, that's what MAMA did and now they (and their awards) seems like a joke to a lot of people. They created a lot of new & "never unheard of" categories/awards just to please people.

GD's lyrics during MAMA 2014 performance:

This is a year-end fishing for pushovers. Bait. Touts snatching them without a hook.
    My record, skill is always (seen) as a lie,
    I'm so sorry but I love you. I just f**k it, it's a quickie.
    It's been a year, MAMA. Because you set such a large table/awards (sang), You hand it out generously so your children don't fight. I'm all grown up now so I get full from even watching,
    Just feed the younger ones.August 18 of '88. You getting wrinkles trying to copy my fate, is your fate.
    My age is adding two and seven, it's natural.
    I'm the player on stage, so just be a fangirl. Show Me The Money? I don't even know how much I have.
    Gold watch and necklace is just cute.
    This year passed and new year is snatching up. I'll share with you. Dragon (yong) Money.
    Here you go, allowance (yong-don).

dooh likes this.
  15. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Worldwide star

Astronaut
    I personally think people mean they deserve a chance to be checked out and people give a try to their music.
    With the awards, no. They have their own criteria, if u fit it u will get it.

16. MOEBIUS

MOEBIUS Public Figure

But what about monopolys and the privileged of being born rich?

17. Zehila

Zehila Public Figure

That’s how it is... it all comes down to luck. Life is unfair anyway

18. MOEBIUS

MOEBIUS Public Figure

But what is the merit of their success?

19. skinnny_legendGD

No.1 chuu stan
    I mean there are some groups who are good but underrated. But most nugu groups are nugu for a reason. They don't put out good content compared to the top groups. All it takes is a good song for you to be popular e.g ikon with ls, momoland with bboom bboom and pentagon with shine. If you don't like a group don't just support them out of pity because that is not gonna help very much in the long run. Plus its the rule of nature, someone has to be at bottom.

Isarah1 and Zehila like this.
  20. Zehila

Zehila Public Figure

Who’s success ?