Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

"Oppa/Unnie works so hard!"

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by jasmine_s, Dec 13, 2017.

1. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

There are those kind of fans showering idols with those statements and then there is Got7/JJP's Jinyoung saying this to Stray Kids.

Its kind of ironic since probably most kpop fans have said this to either compliment or defend their faves. LOL.

2. pinkelly

pinkelly Artist

Hmm. That doesn't mean they shouldn't receive it as a compliment. Compliments help keep people going so they know they are doing a good job.
    Personally, that's not something I would have said to my hoobaes.

3. svtsbreadnbutter

that doesnt mean all oppars and unniers work just as hard as each other
    some train during their time off
    some party or spend time in their dorm

4. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

I would say that to everyone honestly. Because thats the harsh reality a lot of working people needs to learn. We chose a path so its a given to work hard in that path.

Never said they shouldn't receive it as compliments, just saying the irony of how some fans uses that compliment to defend their idols (sometimes in a very questionable way) and then heres Jinyoung saying its not good to be complimented by hardwork.

They all do work hard, but some works smarter. For instance, Got7 JB was said to be a lazy trainee, but Jinyoung said this is because JB earlier already knew his own pace and how to exert enough energy in training without dragging his own self down.

People think more time doing something means you are working harder when in reality, you need efficiency and to achieve it, some actually need that escape, either rest in the dorms or party.

But my point realy was the irony of what fans always say to what the idol themselves say.

#4 jasmine_s, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    A.Fishbowl and Peaches_Rose like this.
  5. 02MaxX02

02MaxX02 Artist

That's some of the dumbest thing i've heard senior say to their hoobae........

I mean, a compliment or two isn't bad. It even helps when someone needs or deserves it.

6. truechoi

truechoi Star

Hm. Well, since we're being blunt here

Shut up Jinyoung

7. Mynty

Mynty Artist

uh.....wtf? lol these kids HAVE worked extremely hard and have dedicated many years of their youth to training and becoming idols this is a fact. so being complimented on the time and hours dedicated on practicing is an extremely good thing because it means someone is acknowledging all the effort these trainees put into progressing and sharpening their skills. saying it's not good to receive compliments about hard work is absolute bullshit because it's the equivalent of downplaying all the effort you've put into something.

#7 Mynty, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  8. Mynty

Mynty Artist

9. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

Ah millenials.

Are you sure it's blunt?

10. truechoi

truechoi Star

Well I don't see him sugarcoating it. Where's the stutter? The pauses? The, "Well..." As far as I'm concerned he's blatantly telling them that they should naturally work hard and that it isn't a compliment. No bs, just straight to the point.

11. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

I dont understand your point because I myself have a job and my target is to finish my job and succeed, not fish for compliments from others just because I worked hard.

Acknowledgement however is another thing. You probably mistake the two there.

Mynty likes this.
  12. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

I meant you. Are you sure you're being blunt? Lol.

13. truechoi

truechoi Star

Yes

Tickles229 likes this.
  14. KawaiiSamii

KawaiiSamii Artist

So because you willingly put yourself in a position you can't receive compliments of working hard? So no one pressured me to work as this desk job and take overtime but no one should compliment my hard work because I wasn't pressured into taking this job? Jinyoung heres an L. That philosophy is beat.

15. Mynty

Mynty Artist

my point is that "It's not good to be receiving compliments for working hard." -> is a load of bullshit lol. to me, a compliment works hand in hand with acknowledging something; by complimenting someone for working hard it is acknowledging the fact that they've spent the time and effort to get where they are and thus praising them. i understand that it is their job to work hard; but to say it is not good to receive compliments for something you've put a lot of effort into is just ridiculous lol. i also don't understand your first statement? that is not what i meant in my first post lol; bottom line it's stupid to say it's not good to receive compliments for working hard - there is nothing wrong with accepting someone's praise.

16. A.Fishbowl

A.Fishbowl Artist

You say it like a compliment is a bad thing, sometimes it can give them a little push, specially to groups that are struggling to get trophies.

17. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

Im dissapointed.

I think you are living in a way different culture or generation than me. I live in a tough no compliment mentally challenging arena so no thank you I dont need praises for my work, and acknowledgement to me means results of my hard work, not compliments for my hard work. Because talk is cheap and well, I want results, not praising.

But I dunno why you're being mad. Jinyoung's point was not that you can't receive compliments, in his context was as an idol you choose a path, its a given to work hard. In my own context, fans tend to over compliment their biases. Which is dangerous for idols to forget reality and really, Jinyoung saying that compliments for hard work is not good actually makes sense in an idol environment. Its very easy to lose yourself when that many people compliment you.

Mynty likes this.
  18. jasmine_s

jasmine_s Artist

We are desk job people who would be encouraged by a compliment. They are idols who have fans on their feet complimenting their hard work probably every minute. You can't compare. Its a totally diff environment. Too much compliment can definitely change you.

Its a bad thing when its too much. And I don't mean the usual normal compliment. I meant the 'my oppa/unnie works so hard praise them or hell upon you' type of compliments that well, many fans actually do.

19. xnatxx

xnatxx Trainee

honestly i'll compliment whoever tf i want to lmao doesn't matter what jinyoung says no matter how cute he is

20. ARMY_Princess

ARMY_Princess Artist

It's great to be told that you're working hard. Sometimes idols feel like they're not doing enough. They get told what to do, what to wear, what to say, etc. and rarely get to see the end result of it, so for their fans to say they're working hard makes them feel so much relief and love. In a Some idols, like my sweet sweet bias (not going to name him if you don't already know), have fainted several times on stage from exhaustion of working too hard, plus dieting because he felt too fat. They push themselves so hard.