ONCEs Shut Down The Internet’s Criticism Over TWICE Dahyun’s Reaction To Her Airport Incident

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by certified_1, Dec 29, 2019.

1. certified_1

certified_1 Married to @Wench

Currency:
    “Oh my god, just stop.”

[​IMG]

On December 29, 2019, TWICE‘s Dahyunfound herself having to protect her personal information on her passport, as an airport attendant “flashed” it to the public.

[​IMG]

As the details of the incident spread, along with JYP Entertainment‘s official statementabout the incident, Korean netizens began attacking everyone involved…

[​IMG]

… and that unfortunately included Dahyun. Some netizens found her reaction to the attendant to be ,quote, “bitchy”…

… because in this particular GIF, she seems to snatch the passport away from the attendant’s hand.

[​IMG]

• “Even if we can’t see her face… she snatches the passport before it is handed to her T-T Lol. No matter how many times I watch;;;”
    • “Fine, since we can’t see her face, we don’t know her facial expression. But covering her passport when the attendant is checking her identity THEN snatching the passport away is rude.”
    • “I don’t know. I can’t tell about her facial expression. But the way she took the passport back seems rude to me. I would rethink her personality if she was my friend.”
    • “I honestly don’t see what the attendant did wrong. Fine, she could maybe look frustrated or whatever. But no one snatches the passport away like that. What a bitchy move.”
    • “I hate how she seems agitated and snatches the passport away. I knew she was weird ever since her eagle dance or whatever.”

When the heat grew, ONCEs stepped in to shut down the criticism immediately. They pointed out the GIF has been cropped maliciously to make it look like Dahyun is irritated…

[​IMG]

• “I’m sorry, which part of this is bitchy? I really can’t tell from a single GIF.”
    • “They tried to make it look so by cropping the GIF. What is wrong with some people? I hate how manipulative this can get. This is malicious cropping, obviously.”
    • “Looks like the GIF was edited. This is 100% the photographer/videographer’s fault. Why are everyone else involved being thrown under fire?”
    • “Oh my god, just stop.”

… when in fact, other videos show it as an average interaction between an attendant and a passenger.

In addition, studio PARN, which is one of many TWICE’s fancam channels on YouTube that initially captured and uploaded the video of Dahyun’s moment at the airport, came forward and apologized for the incident, while defending all parties involved.

[​IMG]

This is studio PARN. I apologize for the video showing Dahyun’s departure from Gimpo airport today morning. I’m sorry for making ONCEs worry that her personal information might have been leaked from the video. I’m also a loyal ONCE so I try to put my heart into the videos I make. But because I have bad vision, I don’t necessarily catch all the details that are being captured as I’m shooting. I should have checked with more care while editing though.

— studio PARN

The channel also assured ONCEs that from the since-deleted video, it was impossible to attain any information.

I carefully reviewed all frames (6-700 photos) of Dahyun in the video. I enlarged all cuts to check. In my video’s capture of Dahyun’s passport, there is no personal information that can be attained. So please do not worry. And if I may add a few words in defense of the attendant, she did hold Dahyun’s passport up higher, but she had Dahyun’s citizenship number covered with her fingers the whole time.

— studio PARN

2. njsjyghsjmthjk

njsjyghsjmthjk Married to @MassiveKpopFan

Currency:
    I'd like those netizens actual information being shared over the internet, then seeing their reaction to it.

Would it still be "bitchy"?

3. Lubby00

Lubby00 Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Well let your personal business be flashed to the public, and see how you react

If anything, Dahyun underreacted. Should’ve popped that person in the mouth for that shit

4. Wench

Wench Married to @certified_1

Currency:
    Candy Pop stan
    Everyone PM me your SS number right now or u a bitch :yesr:

5. Flummoxedaf

Flummoxedaf Trainee

Currency:
    If I was a celebrity I would’ve reacted the same way but since no cameras are pointed at me if I did that I would probably get in trouble. Airport security is no joke in the US or Canada

6. divakimkey

divakimkey Married to @Sassy_Me

Currency:
    Dahyun is such an angel. I would flip out tbh.

certified_1 likes this.
  7. stan12345

stan12345 Trendsetter

Currency:
    These knetz reactions will never not be hilarious

The ones that get translated are always so stupid

BlackpinkHouse likes this.
  8. certified_1

Currency:
    Wenchie chan you already know mine.

9. certified_1

Currency:
    Hence you no idol, and she is jyp idol.
    Hehe

divakimkey likes this.
  10. divakimkey

divakimkey Married to @Sassy_Me

Currency:
    True dat. But if I was an idol I would make netizens hella mad. That would be fun :3

certified_1 likes this.
  11. certified_1

Currency:
    Knetz = mostly jobless kids or adults, if positive feedback then mostly belong to fandom, if negative then they belong to some other fandom or just having a bad day and want to get that frustration out.

12. certified_1

Currency:
    :yesr:

divakimkey likes this.
  13. amaranth19

amaranth19 Newbie

Currency:
    [L-1485] ♡
    I would do so as well, god knows what ppl can do with information and cropping images

14. Water_oWl

Water_oWl Once Cult Member

Currency:
    Student
    She didn't snatch it back though??

Hopefully the info about the employee hiding the number is true...

15. wizone4life

wizone4life Rookie

Currency:
    LOL at Knetizen.
    Anyways, I don't think it is flight attendance fault either

16. chuusaintyves

chuusaintyves Leader

Currency:
    Jennie's Servant
    lmao people will find a reason to drag female idols for anything... what was she supposed to do, let everyone get a nice look at her social security???? :angryr:

Mergs, Timotej_Li and divakimkey like this.