Onces and Armys underestimating BP's achievements

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Juanlag, Jun 15, 2019.

?

Do you think onces and armys underestimate BP's achievements?

1. Yes

45.9%
  2. No

54.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juanlag

Juanlag Star

Currency:
    The poll is public so i can ignore blinks/onces/armys votes, i want people from other fandoms to vote~

First of all when i say onces and armys i don't mean all of them, just some. It's something obvious but if i don't say it there will always be someone saying that it's not all of them.

And i had tons of discussions about BP when i think blinks are delulu, you can ask @ForgottenSoul i think we argued like over 50 times here :teeheek:

Ok i'm not from any of these fandoms and my fav group out of them is BTS, so i think i can give a more or less objective point of view about this. I find REALLY sad how these 2 fandoms are basically cooperating to make it seem like if BP is not having the impact that they actually have. The things they're doing like certifications in the US or the spotify streams, even thought their numbers are not as good as BTS', they're not that far, but it seems when BP do them it means nothing. If i'm not wrong BP already have 3 songs eligible for gold in the US and DDDD is close to platinum... The spotify streams, yesterday for example BWL got 1,279,373 streams and KTL 1,001,037, the numbers are really close but it seems everybody agrees BTS is big internationally but BP is completely forgotten apart of the support from their fandom.
    I think the main reason is because when someone brings BP doing something, I always see onces or armys trying to say whatever they can to explain how BP is not even the top gg right now, onces want Twice to be the top gg and armys don't want BP to be close to BTS' international popularity, so they can help each other since Twice and BTS are in different leagues and they both know it.

First of all, the money a group makes don't show its popularity, it's something i always see onces relying on using physical sales or talking about how the SEA Youtube views bring less money. They can be cheaper, but it's still one person listening to the song, just like if it is from the US, that's how you measure popularity.
    Also i listen to BP played somewhere where i live, in Spain, at least once a week, if it's not Kiss and make up it's Kill this love. This has NEVER happened with other kpop artist (Not even with BTS at least here), and i'm sure it happens in other countries too. Just look at the Youtube views or the Spotify streams, it's obvious that right now BP is the biggest gg in terms of popularity. Kara made much more money than 2NE1 or Wonder girls but no one say they were bigger than them, and we're in a moment that international popularity is relevant for the top kpop artists, and BP is after BTS the most popular by far.

This is my opinion, what do you all think? ^^

2. annoyed

annoyed Idol

Currency:
    Blinks to every BTS achievement: "FANDOM POWER"

3. Juanlag

Juanlag Star

Currency:
    You didn't even have time to read the thread so i'll just ignore your post.

4. annoyed

annoyed Idol

Currency:
    I Do not care to read. BP, their CEO and their stans have gone the whole year of 2018 to reduce BTS' achievements to just some fandom power.

BP and blinks are now just being being called out for not delivering the results they were hyping up or surpassing the groups they were dragging down and expected to surpass.

5. Juanlag

Juanlag Star

Currency:
    I agree in some things, but not the point of the thread at all, when you have to defend yourself attacking others is that you can't defend yourself.

6. Taeri

Taeri Married to @NBW

Currency:
    MD
    That’s so true
    Onces are only relying on physicals when BP do actually have good ones
    Other than that BP excels in everything
    Armys though .. no comment .. they sabotage everyone :3

7. asuka16

asuka16 Public Figure

Currency:
  8. annoyed

annoyed Idol

Currency:
    So you want Armys(gonna talk for them bc idk about Onces) to just not say a thing when BP aren't delivering the results they got boosted up for to the point where their fave groups go shaded in their favor?

LeahFrey and hopeonthestreet like this.
  9. CryMeARiver

CryMeARiver Newbie

Currency:
    Onces cannot admit the fact that Blackpink worldwide popularity has surpassed Twice. It is too big a pill for them to swallow. Even in earnings, Blackpink currently dominates in concert touring and CFs the key areas where the bigggest money in the industry is.

While some Armys want BTS to dominate every area. With Blackpink has a shot of SNS and general public streaming, they are not very happy about it. Actually they don't need to care as eventually they are bigger than Blackpink.

Armys form alliance with Onces easily as all Twice successes are so tame and well below BTS'.

10. Juanlag

Juanlag Star

Currency:
    What is mediaplay, DDDD's 800M views? or the 3 gold certifications? Or maybe they payed Spotify to give them more streams.

11. Juanlag

Juanlag Star

Currency:
    I want to discuss the topic of the thread, if you want to talk about other thing go and create other. As you said you didn't even care about reading the thread so idk what you're doing here.

michellesong, whatev, msdalbo and 5 others like this.
  12. Pyjpyj

Pyjpyj Newbie

Currency:
    Twice has all: digital, physical, touring,cfs, awards. While bp has only sea followers lmaoo

TastyButtercream and barnaby like this.
  13. annoyed

annoyed Idol

Currency:
    See this is the funniest part. You're gonna have to show us these certifications https://www.riaa.com/?s=blackpink

Sea_gull, Lustji, Person24 and 7 others like this.
  14. drifter

drifter Trendsetter

Currency:
    Drifting
    NorthToSouth-No MoneyInPocket, 2 Balls In MyPants
    doesn't mean you don't hear BTS songs in your area counts for anything. In My area you only hear mandarin songs or hokkien songs

hopeonthestreet likes this.
  15. Taeri

Taeri Married to @NBW

Currency:
    MD
    BP has all too :’)

16. Pyjpyj

Pyjpyj Newbie

Currency:
    Where? Cancelled cheap giveaway tickets? Melon 30 flop songs after week release, album sales bodied by rookie gg? they don't even have any awards lmaoo

17. CryMeARiver

CryMeARiver Newbie

Currency:
    When I said worldwide, I mean it. You know all your heart that WORLDWIDE, Blackpink > Twice.

18. qW12

qW12 Super Rookie

Currency:
    For some reason blinks are the only fandom that brags about streaming and sps, i never seen any other fandom brag about those numbers.

Even Army who knows they do crazy streaming numbers themselves brag about how much pure sales they do compared to other people because its harder for people to dish out $20 then stream something for free over and over.

Also all kpop groups are fandom driven Army is more successful because they ain't cheap like other groups fandom.

Their gold albums and soon to be platinum the ratios of actual sales and sps is different then other ways some get to gold so its not the same equivalent in achievement.

19. for_real_tho

for_real_tho Super Rookie

Currency:
    if i am not mistaken once i saw in akp a blink said sth like Twice is nothing compared to Blackpink other than pysicals, now who underestimate who?

Sea_gull, LeahFrey, freysan and 14 others like this.
  20. Juanlag

Juanlag Star

Currency:
    They're eligible but they didn't get it, to get the certification you have to pay and not everybody cares about having it oficially. The sales are there tho, i've seen twitter accounts confirming the sales that were objective accounts just about music, and i've even seen them in the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.