okja made me vegan????

Discussion in 'K-Movies & TV' started by MANGOPlE, Nov 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. MANGOPlE

MANGOPlE Trainee

Currency:
    after watching and loving parasite, i started to get more interested in director bong joonho’s work so i watched okja today! lol at first i was kinda annoyed because i thought mija was being bratty with that whole smashing the piggy bank thing and rudeness towards her grandpa, but i realize now that she was very emotional. like i would be devastated too if someone took my dog without me knowing. the movie in general was really good. idk if i liked it as much as parasite, but okja was much more emotionally impactful for me. i cried so hard during the abuse scenes, i couldn’t even watch or listen to okja’s cries. i’m still shaken by it as i type this. i’m not joking when i’m say i’m disgusted by the meat production industry. every now and then i’ll go a week or two being vegan, but after this movie, i’ve been considering going vegan for the rest of the year or at least vegetarian

but yeah, crazy movie - in a good way. seriously loving how much director bong’s movies have been making me think!

2. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    No piece of fiction has yet to affect me in any profound way but to the topic, Okja's fine I think. Not the best of Bong Joon-Ho's work so far in my opinion, it's either Mother or The Host for me for different reasons but a just okay film from him is still far better than a lot of films.
    EDIT: I forgot he also did Memories of Murder. That's a solid one as well. Just don't go expecting a thriller with a clean ending.

3. LokisHorns

LokisHorns Celebrity

Currency:
    this is no joke but that movie turned me vegetarian three years ago. i cried a whole bunch during it. it's a great movie but i'll never watch it again, it's horrifying.