[Official] SHINee's Kim Jonghyun

Discussion in 'Artist Threads' started by ihavemyownkey, Mar 5, 2016.

1. ihavemyownkey

ihavemyownkey Public Figure

Currency:
    SHINee's Kim Jonghyun
    Singer, Songwriter, Composer

[​IMG]

Facts about Jonghyun

Birth Name: Kim Jonghyun
    Birthday: April 8, 1990
    Blood Type: AB
    Hometown: Seoul
    Languages: Korean, English, Japanese, Mandarin
    Nicknames:
    Bling Bling Jonghyun
    Dino Jonghyun
    Jjong
    Jjongie
    Jonghyunnie

[​IMG]

Jonghyun is the second eldest in SHINee. His role is :
    Lead Vocal

[​IMG]

More Fun Facts about Jonghyun:

*Tends to talk at a really fast speed when he gets nervous, but because he talks a lot usually, nobody ever notices that habit of his.

*Says that there is no shortcut to achieving perfection, just hard work and more hard work.

*Has a lot of charisma on stage, but is very endearing and fun to be with off stage, before debut, he chats with Taemin everyday when returning home, is the member who is the most unanimous with his relaxation and lifestyle.

*Regardless of anything, no matter how many times he had performed on stage, whenever he hears his own song he will still get exceptionally excited, will lipsynch along, dance along, fidget around in his seat, even when he chokes on water he will still remain engrossed.

*A very lively student in high school, able to digest English and Korean songs very well. Formed a band, composed music during that time, believes that if you truly like something, it is not difficult to persevere on.

*Understands the importance of heath, so does not eat stuff like instant noodles even when he is very hungry.

*Is not scared of the camera at all, a 180 degree display or 360 degree all show? Just state it.

*Feels that he is a good hyung, and a good dongseng to the members, if not for the fact that they always interrupt him which makes him flares up at them shouting “Keep quiet!” at times, his image is pretty perfect.

*Makes total and absolute preparation for everything, will even stay up overnight without sleep to prepare. If his progress does not meet his own expectations, he will feel restless and a little short tempered.

*Likes girls who seek novelty at times, is willing to accept the age gap of up to 8 years.

*Why cover up if you make a mistake, just admit it truthfully won’t it be good?

* Says that if he were to become a girl, it will be better to let Key be his boyfriend, setting aside the good personality, Key is very honest, which fits his view in life.

* Has a lot of notices, will show off to his members after returning to the dorm. Will also miss his members whom he don’t know what they are doing while he is at certain shows/programs, if there is a chance, he will like to bring all his members along.

*The only secret to maintaining a good complexion despite a very hectic schedule is to simply maintain a positive mindset.

*Is very proficient in the guitar, bass and piano.

*Wakes up the earliest in the dorm, will wake up Key after he is done with washing up, Key will then wake Onew up, then Taemin and lastly, Minho — “I am the one who wakes up the earliest! I am most confident about it!”

Family:
    Has an older sister named Song Dam and has a good relationship with his mother. His father is not present.​

Jonghyun and his mom~
    [​IMG]

Jonghyun and his sister, Song Dam~

[​IMG]

It is believed that Jonghyun's family is relatively well-off too.

Jonghyun studied in a music school (before he stopped to focus on debut) and fees for such institutions in Korea are quite high so his family must be quite well-off to afford sending him to such a school.

Jonghyun was in a band as a student and was able to explore his interest in music at an early age(owning a bass, learning instruments)

Jonghyun rarely speaks about his father and on radio shows (his and others), he usually talks about his mother and his sister (2 years older than him) who are the 2 people he is closest to.

Random Thingies:
    Jonghyun is the member with the lowest height (height 173).

Jonghyun received the title as the most sexy member in SHINee.

The first thing he does in the morning is shower.

His favorite place to go is the cinema

Jonghyun sleeps with eyes partially open.

Jonghyun did not really have a favorite food, but he loves meat.

Since high school, Jonghyun wanted to become a composer or a vocal coach.

Jonghyun was discovered in 2005 by SM Ent casting system while playing with his band created with school friends.

Jonghyun is the member of the most frequently online, replying to email from fans and to read/view article comments about SHINee.

Jonghyun is a romantic type of guy.

"If I had a boyfriend, I want my boyfriend to play piano when I would sing to him." - Jonghyun

In addition to music, another big influence for Jonghyun is his family.

Jonghyun likes horror movies and thrillers. One of his favorite movies is "Phone Booth".

Jonghyun has a three octave range

Jonghyun is the only member who has had a girlfriend (that we're aware of). Her name is Shin Se Kyung.

After marriage, Jonghyun wants to hurry and have children.

Jonghyun is the member most prone to tears.

Jonghyun's favorite artists: Neyo, Chris Brown.

Jonghyun mother is a kindergarten director.

Jonghyun has a dog, a dachshund named Roo.

And here is Roo~

[​IMG]

Musicality;
    Jonghyun has been active in music since he was in junior high school. He was in a band and participated in many festivals in his area. In his band, he was not a vocalist but a bassist. The band's name was "Zion" and during one of its shows, he was scouted by SM. Before his debut with SHINee, he sang a duet with Zhang Liyin in the song “Wrongly Given Love” for her Chinese album.

In addition to SHINee, Jonghyun was also a part of SM the Ballad, a group of young musicians known for their ability to sing as opposed to doing everything else. This group focused on vocals.

In January 2015, Jonghyun released 'Base', his first solo mini album.

Composing and Lyric Writing;

Jonghyun debuted as a songwriter when writing the Korean lyrics to SHINee's Juliette", which was the featured on their second mini album, Romeo. Jonghyun went on to participate in the writing of two songs on SHINee's s album, "Lucifer". The first, "Up & Down", was co-written with Misfit with the rap being written by Minho. The second, "욕 (Obsession)", was completely written by Jonghyun (Rap written by Minho). In 2012, Jonghyun co-wrote the lyrics to the song with "알람시계" (Alarm Clock)" with Minho, a song about wishing to wake up from the nightmare of a past break up,and wrote the lyrics to "늘 그자리에 (Honesty). Both songs were featured on the mini album, "Sherlock". For SHINee's misconceptions series, Jonghyun wrote the lyrics to: "Spoiler", "오르골 (Orgel)", "Dangerous (Medusa II)" (which was co-written with Jo Yun Kyeong), "버리고 가 (Better Off)" and "너와 나의 거리 (Selene 6.23)". In October 2013, Jonghyun wrote the lyrics to "상사병 (Symptoms)" which was featured on SHINee's album, "Everybody". In May 2015, he wrote the title track of SHINee's fourth Korean album, "Odd", "View". He also wrote and composed the track "Odd Eye" on the same album, and the co-wrote the lyrics to the track, "Chocolate", on the repackage album released in August 2015.

In October 2013, Jonghyun debuted as a composer of the track "우울시계 (A Gloomy Clock)" which was featured on IU's third Korean album, "Modern Times". "Red Candle", which was also composed and written by Jonghyun, was released by Son Dam Bi. In March 2015, another track that Jonghyun both composed and wrote, "Playboy", was featured on EXO's second Korean album. In April 2015, Lim Kim released "No More" on her third mini album, "Simple Mind", which Jonghyun also wrote and composed. Jonghyun also wrote "Pretty Boy", which was featured on Taemin'ssolo album, "Ace", in August 2014. He recently wrote and composed the song, "Breathe" featured on Lee Hi's most recent half album, which was released on March 9, 2016.​

Radio Show;
    In January of 2014, it was announced that Jonghyun would be the new DJ for MBC FM4U's 'Blue Night'.​

TV Shows;
    Jonghyun has appeared on several tv shows with his group member, and on his own. These shows include; Music Bank, Immortal Song 2, 4 Things Show and he, along with SHINee have appeared on many Japanese tv shows as well.​

#1 ihavemyownkey, Mar 5, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    Twitter BLOW UP when YG released the news of him composing for Lee Hi, I must say I was enjoying it

Cy likes this.
  3. ihavemyownkey

Currency:
    YAHHHHHSSSS!! I was ROLLING!!!!

Lulu_Key likes this.
  4. ah_lee

ah_lee Trendsetter

Currency:
    No Jjong thread is complete without the addition of this photo :p

[​IMG]

5. evilxcookie2

evilxcookie2 Trainee

Currency:
    He's composing for Lee Hi? AHHH!!!! Is there any other news from the past couple days? Will there be a SHINee thread soon?

ihavemyownkey likes this.
  6. ihavemyownkey

Currency:
    I'm afraid I shall have to agree with you there....
    Nothing beats Jjong, a nearly totally unbuttoned shirt, and leather pants....
    Such a beautiful man...

DripDrop and ah_lee like this.
  7. ihavemyownkey

Currency:
    SHINee thread is on the way!!!

evilxcookie2 likes this.
  8. ah_lee

ah_lee Trendsetter

Currency:
    blinger96 should be making it when she's on :)

hallyustan and evilxcookie2 like this.
  9. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    Yes, there will be a SHINee thread, idk where blinger is, as soon as she shows up. This week was all about Taemin slaying music shows, Onew drama sky rocking rating, Minho's soon to be released Movies, Jonghyun taking another step in song writing, and KEY being mysterious I think he has something coming up

Cy and evilxcookie2 like this.
  10. ah_lee

ah_lee Trendsetter

Currency:
    I'm just hoping he's healthy :(

Lulu_Key likes this.
  11. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    He was really busy for a while, then he took a mini vacation in his hometown with his family. He always feel better after family visits

Cy likes this.
  12. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    Jonghyun + Taemin Blue Night Full Eng sub

Cy, And_I_Quote and foreverblinger like this.
  13. foreverblinger

Currency:
    About 14 hours til Lee Hi's album release, let's hope for the all-kill of Jjong's song!~~

ihavemyownkey and Lulu_Key like this.
  14. ihavemyownkey

Currency:
    Lulu_Key likes this.
  15. ihavemyownkey

Currency:
    blue night radio ♡ 160315

jonghyun: i’m pretty sure that i’ve discussed this before, but i think it’s important to distinguish between the things that you want to do and the things that you have to do. to do the things you want to do you also have to do the things you have to do. i also think it’s important to find out what the things you want to do are after you’ve done those things that you needed to do. (source: cosmicsticks)

jonghyun: white day, valentine’s day, pepero day …
    ha sang wook: why are there so many days like that …
    jonghyun: exactly … (laughs) (source: cosmicsticks)

Lulu_Key likes this.
  16. ihavemyownkey

Currency:
    [​IMG]
    [article] [duet request 1]: shinee’s onew - jonghyun, sing the aesthetic of “contrast”.
    journalist: kim joo hyun of beff report, kjkj803@beffreport.com
    translation: @sullaem (please do not edit or report without credit)

shinee’s main vocals who sing with the aesthetic of “contrast”, somewhere in the chasm between earth and sky.

[editor’s note] “duet: a term that can refer to a double pane window, or a musical duet. this is the idol - group vocal duet that beff report editor wants to see. here, we will introduce a duo i want to hear and see with unique vocal tones that aren’t similar, yet still captivate the ear.

[duet request 1] #shinee #jonghyun #onew #sleeptalking(pleasedon'tgo) #growth

shinee’s jonghyun and onew, who debuted under sm entertainment in 2008, have become the first protagonists of this special feature. jonghyun and onew, the main vocals in the nation’s top class idol group shinee, are singers with distinctively unique vocal colors. jonghyun and onew already have a duet song called ”sleeptalking (please don’t go)“, but due to it being (released) all the way back on their 2009 album, romeo and their lack of activities beyond, they have been selected for [duet request].

truth be told, it becomes difficult to draw the distinction between main vocal and subvocal when it comes to shinee. shinee’s greatest strength is that they’ve dismantled the boundaries between the role of main vocal and subvocal. for groups, balanced growth results in longevity, and this point has become both shinee’s ”color“ and their ”worth“. and it goes without saying how particularily remarkable maknae tamein’s growth has been. in the midst of each member’s solidity, jonghyun and onew provide a strong vocal foundation. while jonghyun moves hearts with a vocal color that possesses both depth and technicality, onew tugs at heartstrings with a voice that’s calm and understated.

let us analyze their duet song, ”sleeptalking“. the lines that onew sings in the songs introduction — ”in my dreams last night, you drew me close / your whispered words, your hair that caressed my face“ — approaches us in a reserved, yet resonat way. he sings the start of the song modestly, yet he makes us listen with bated breath. next, behind solemn onew, jonghyun steps in and paves the way to the highlight of the song, singing, ”now that i’ve woken from my dream, it’s still all too clear / but the tears that welled in my eyes told me / ypour presence was only a dream.

the harmony that builds during the chorus — ”you can’t, you can’t, please don’t go like this / just once, just once, please hold me in your arms again“ — doesn’t fall short in any respect, nor does it feel overbearing. though they each have completely different vocal colors, we get the feeling of onew supporting jonghyun’s overflowing sensitivity, and jonghyun supporting onew’s restrained composure. they each sing of a break up in different methods, but the song isn’t tedious by any means. rather, the more you reflect on it, the more heartbreaking it becomes - which makes the duet too precious to deem just another song by ”some idol group’s main vocals who can sing a bit.“ this is the kind of duet this song has become.

songs like ”so sick“ and ”because of you“, which jonghyun and onew have also sung together, reveal their strengths as well. when many people (who don’t listen to shinee’s music) counter with the notion that jonghyun and onew’s voices are too different from each other, it feels like it would be possible to respond that the two of them sing with an aesthetic of “contrast”. though the chasm between them is as vast as the distance between the earth and sky, they cannot be separated from each other; on the contrary, they actually suit each other when brought together. you could say this is the reason why they’ve been selected for [duet request].

when will we be able to see jonghyun and onew duet again? as any song they sing would become a good song, and many people wish for the two of them to do another duet, won’t good news arrive someday to those who wait? for all shinee members, including onew and jonghyun, — who are active as all-powerful entertainers in many areas not solely limited to music — we continue cheering on their dazzling growth.

[translator’s note] “aesthetic of contrast” should not be mistaken with “contrasting aesthetics”. the reporter is not simply saying onew and jonghyun’s voices have different aesthetics, but rather that their voices create an aesthetic that represents the convcept of contrast itself when they sing together.

17. ihavemyownkey

Currency:

jonghyun: i didn’t know about yesterday being white day … at all, until someone spoke about it. it was then that i knew but …, so what about that? if you celebrate it then you celebrate it. if you don’t have anyone to celebrate it with then …, it’s not a bad thing either. (source: cosmicsticks)

Lulu_Key likes this.
  18. ihavemyownkey

Currency:
    blue night radio ♡ 160312

jonghyun: compared to dieting, i regulate my fat and muscle mass. i don’t really care about my weight. (source: cosmicsticks)

Lulu_Key likes this.
  19. Sinraptor

Sinraptor Super Rookie

Currency:
    Student
    Wish everyone could think like this instead on being so stuck up on the number.

ihavemyownkey and Lulu_Key like this.
  20. yoichiidesu

yoichiidesu Married to @dprcream

Currency:
    Doyoung's Orbit
    This thread is beautiful :'D

WAIT WHAT? LOL does that mean I have a chance??
    Think I gotta start learning how to play the piano ;>