[Official MV] Red Velvet Power Up IS OUT!

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by RainingStarlight, Aug 6, 2018.

1. RainingStarlight

Currency:
    Grim Reaper
    Red Velvet's long awaited summer comeback is finally here!
    Move aside Velvet, Red's making it's comeback~

(holy shit didn't realize i was the 4th one to post one woops)
    [​IMG]
    Date: August 6th 6pm KST
    Title: Power Up

Album track list

[​IMG]

I love both velvet and red from red velvet, but im biased towards their velvet side. But that's not to say that their red side aint any good. There are many red songs like You Better Know, Red Dress, Red Flavor, and Russian Roulette are songs I love to listen too. (their b-sides are just too good not to...). I feel like this is where they draw in many fans. Some fans are in kpop for the happy pop songs, while others are hardcore fans of rnb ballads. Or me where they like both. With kpop being as structural as it is, it's nice seeing a group like Red Velvet try things out of their comfort zone, bc let's be honest red velvet's songs aren't just pop (red) vs rnb (velvet). In some ways, their red side even reminds me of Orange Caramel. Good luck to their song Power Up. Hope they have a fun and safe comeback.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#1 RainingStarlight, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    Theo35, perpetualpotato and oxygenize like this.
  2. notthatmarko

Currency:
    Colourful, bubbly, funky, Red Velvet did it again. On a rare occasion do I like a Red Velvet song on my first listen. Happened only with Ice Cream Cake, Russian Roulette and Power Up. Obvious improvement on their visuals. I do not know how, but Irene is even prettier now. In fact, all the girls are. Vocal-wise not as annoying as Dumb Dumb, perfect amount of repetitive phrases (for a K-Pop song, I mean). The MV does seem silly, but it does have a story as well. References to Red Flavor are a cute touch. Yeri seems to be left out, and I absolutely hate she was not given a part in the bridge where the other four all had a line. Suma sumarum, brilliant comeback and single-handedly saved summer.

9/10.

K_Pop_Captain and borabora_97 like this.
  3. Yoohyeon

Yoohyeon Super Rookie

Currency:
    ✰彡

suiram likes this.