|OFFICIAL| Do you have unpopular k-pop opinions?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Onion_Rings, May 27, 2017.

?

Are these all the tea?

1. Isn't it 5am in Australia go to sleep Dillon

113 vote(s)
    60.8%
  2. Yes

73 vote(s)
    39.2%
  1. arinsen

arinsen Super Rookie

Currency:
    Also, I love CLC but some fans need to stop with the 'Cube is ignoring them' narrative, they had 3 amazing cb's this year only, this is not how ignoring works.

yabuyabu and topsyoxy like this.
  2. loveyou3000BTS

Currency:
    99% of kpop fans' opinions are not unpopular and what I am writing here is an evidence of what I am saying in the first part. :)

exalxt, Kpopaesthetic1 and Zsh like this.
  3. pwswan

pwswan Public Figure

Currency:
    P Nation should buy TS Entertainment and completely re-staff it.

armyoft and zylan like this.
  4. zylan

zylan Public Figure

Currency:
    Spark is the only song of Taeyeon that i have on my playlist

5. zylan

zylan Public Figure

Currency:
    Good point. This keeps Sonamoo intact.

6. IhopeIdontregret

Currency:
    I'm thinking about this...
    At the core of K-pop, music, all entertainment really is people.
    That's why we have illegal activity, improper in either big or small ways behaviour that occurs in private and might get revealed to the public. Behaviour, good or bad, that's how people act.
    This is contrasted with the main products of songs, videos, performances. Vlogs too. Those products are things people create for creative fulfillment and profit.

Idols do have a creative hand in the work as the performer. They didn't make the dance or song but their appearance, movements, and singing is part of the artwork. Essentially, they have a hand in creating parts of the product/artwork. Their rehearsed gestures and their natural characteristics and behaviour of the person becomes the art, the expression of ideas to be appreciated, in some ways.

So really this is the contrast between the people, and their creation. The workers and the product. Or. The artists and the art. depending on a person's specific role in the production of K-pop medias.

So this all stemmed from. How should we think about K-pop when there is the collision of crimes and harmful actions people call terrible, tragic, evil...with art that people find stimulating, expressing important ideas, or beautiful...?

You could say that life is much the same. Terrible parts and beautiful parts. Sometimes one far outweighs the other, depending on the circumstances of one's life. One person's life might be mostly terrible and another mostly beautiful. (I don't really think anyone's life is mostly beautiful, though.)

The terrible parts come in abundance and our perception changes to negative, the beautiful parts come again and our perception changes to positive, flip flop and flip flop as we see the news is reported, art is released. These are natural reactions. But should we just hold on to this rollercoaster wherever it may take us? We are not forced to engage in K-pop, should we not stop if it is more negative influence than positive?

A hobby is supposed to be controlled beautiful to balance out uncontrollable horribleness, right? K-pop isn't a controlled hobby...at least not for most people. if we don't control our perception of it, we will be on this flip flop, flip flop rollercoaster.

So MY UNPOPULAR OPINION is that we shouldn't engage with all this drama and negative parts of Kpop. Just like we shouldn't think about bad news. Just look at the beautiful things, because unlike politics or something, the negative things aren't even relevant to us. They are as meaningless and abundant as the crimes of every person of this world. We don't need to be seeing those all the time, they don't personally mean anything to us.

However, there's an objection of this that exists, should we turn a blind eye to the bad news? Wouldn't that be ignorance? I say, why do we need to know?

Perhaps the issue is not taking in too much terrible news with combination of K-pop and personal life, but we need to become resilient to as much terrible news as possible. Hmm, but wouldn't it be better to just reduce the amount of terrible news? Reducing external triggers? But then internal coping mechanisms may not be strong enough...hmmm..hm....

7. pwswan

pwswan Public Figure

Currency:
    I would like to apologize for my previous post, as I suggested that my bias actually do something besides be an old man with one hit.

8. JinWifeu

JinWifeu Rookie

Currency:
    Eggs are obsessed with Army and BTS

9. O_o_Cheese

O_o_Cheese Public Figure

Currency:
    Home wrecker
    it's the other way around, too, chica

#4549 O_o_Cheese, Nov 20, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  10. JinWifeu

JinWifeu Rookie

Currency:
    Why are eggs on army and BTS nuts? And your grammar is off hunny.

11. O_o_Cheese

O_o_Cheese Public Figure

Currency:
    Home wrecker
    exols probably have the same question about military

I ain't trippin about grammar, especially not here

Zsh likes this.
  12. ZestyMochi

ZestyMochi Rookie

Currency:
    Jobless Intellectual
    the forums have been doing just fine without the bashing thread. sure there have been a few toxic thread but not nearly as much people said their would be. they made it seem like every waking moment there would be hate but the truth is people in the bashing won't post in the main fourm cause they don't want deal with people dragging them.

ItsMilly43 and loveyou3000BTS like this.
  13. angelofdarkness

Currency:
    Jins visual is good but then you might have a different kind of visual taste then some of the army who are fan with jin i think he is handsome looking and cute but then my bias is jungkook and jimin( I want both of them to like me if i meet them) but i do not mind if you do not think jins visual is not that great looking and not trying to start a fight or anything what i am just trying to say is that you have a different taste of visual then the army who thinks jins visual is great!

14. angelofdarkness

Currency:
    I think that RM and j-hopes visual are not that great i think that jungkook,jimin,jin and v visual are better then them

15. loveyou3000BTS

Currency:
    Us ARMYs are honestly more empathetic than other fandoms. :)

Since I am bored, I will E L A B O R A T E for the haters who think otherwise.

Newer ARMYs who dont even know Korean listen to music from the heart without any judgements. Because we know what's it like to be judged so why would we judge a Korean pop boy group? There's just something about the BTS music that warms even a cold heart.

I think many of us - at least the "mature" ones - have gone through shit before we started listening to BTS. I had a shitty ex-boyfriend and to escape the drama with him, I turned to music and it enlightened me as a human being to see the ARMY love for BTS.
    That's why I cried while watching their first daesangs. I didnt know them that well. Just watched videos of them, their friendship and personality. And I resonated with their struggle.
    Maybe that's why most of us ARMYs are just so emotionally foolish lol.

#4555 loveyou3000BTS, Nov 23, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    Kpopaesthetic1 and JinWifeu like this.
  16. ZestyMochi

ZestyMochi Rookie

Currency:
    Jobless Intellectual
    Rant: Not surprised people are mad at army's because some will leave after BTS performance at jingle ball. Americans did the same thing to Monsta X and at TXT's performance most turned around and started talking to each other. Army's should able to the same thing too. These are the same people who claim BTS aren't mainstream but then act like it'd be the worst thing if army's leave. BTS "small" group of fans shouldn't make a dent in the crowd right?

JinWifeu likes this.
  17. JinWifeu

JinWifeu Rookie

Currency:
    Periodt

kimhamin and ZestyMochi like this.
  18. JinWifeu

JinWifeu Rookie

Currency:

#4558 JinWifeu, Nov 23, 2019
  19. JinWifeu

JinWifeu Rookie

Currency:
    Pray for these idols

#4559 JinWifeu, Nov 23, 2019
  20. Merpedy

Merpedy Public Figure

Currency:
    Mamamoo are no doubt great live but people (their fans esp) need to be okay with the fact that they're bound to lip sync or at most use a heavy backing track.

The majority of their 'Hip' performances are clearly not live and that's okay.