|OFFICIAL| Do you have unpopular k-pop opinions?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Onion_Rings, May 27, 2017.

?

Are these all the tea?

1. Isn't it 5am in Australia go to sleep Dillon

113 vote(s)
    60.8%
  2. Yes

73 vote(s)
    39.2%
  1. Zsh

Zsh Celebrity

Currency:
    Chen said that this genre was new for him. He also said he didnt really like retro pop but decided to try it out due to the encouragement of his producer, and challenging himself.

The colour of his voice; its peoples opinion what they prefers. But I really like the sharpness he gives out.

But anyone can tell that he was definately relating and feeling Beautiful goodbye more then 'Shall we'

brazon, Krazy_Kani and Haolat like this.
  2. brazon

brazon Newbie

Currency:
    Random trolls? Nice try.

Posting fancams on dying celebs' posts, inserting BTS into EVERYTHING and ANYTHING, not to mention tagging BTS into pictures of other idols or groups just to steer attention away to the point you literally can't google anything Kpop related w/o BTS tacked on, no other fandom has to do this. It's sad, especially when the group is one of the most popular groups atm? So it's also needless but hey. .

Just to name a /few/ things that ARMYs have done. Not all but the fandom is toxic none the less.

"You like throwing phrases like that but you never can show us prove of ARMY as a fandom being toxic."
    Susie, there is plenty of proof. I don't really need to expose the already common knowledge topics.

But I'll play ball just this once here ya go;

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-BTSs-Army-so-toxic

https://nypost.com/2019/05/18/how-bts-mania-spawned-a-toxic-k-pop-fanbase-that-attacked-me-online/
    https://aminoapps.com/c/btsarmy/pag...p-fandoms/ERQd_GRkIPuwBDEeZxjxRNMRKVLnoZ4zjbZ

Oh and here is one that was made even on here;
    https://www.allkpop.com/forum/threa...shirtless-like-exo.123928/page-5#post-5520783

I could have posted a dozen more links but I don't have the time to make light of something we both know, even if you want to play blinded old hag with the topic at hand sweatie.

FranF45, jihyo_heart, Zsh and 3 others like this.
  3. Luv2manygroups

Currency:
    Can we please stop overhyping everyone that works with kpop artist or even just make a comment about them. Take Becky G for example. Everyone is going crazy about her just because she worked with bts. She’s a talented woman who does deserve attention but some of y’all don’t even listen to her music or know much about her but now oh my gosh I love her she’s the best.

#4243 Luv2manygroups, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  4. Ciri

Ciri Newbie

Currency:
    'Posting fancams on dying celebs' posts' - you are delusional if you thing that only ARMY did it. Every group has tons of people that post fancams everywhere and weactually as a fandom are trying to fight it and our big fanbases promote again and again to stop with this stupid fancams.

Still as stupid and disgusting as above is it doesn't beat the kpopies sending V images of dead rats, graves and words of pity that he didn't die with his grandma.

'inserting BTS into EVERYTHING and ANYTHING' - while annoying it's not toxic.

'not to mention tagging BTS into pictures of other idols or groups just to steer attention away to the point you literally can't google anything Kpop related w/o BTS tacked on, no other fandom has to do this.' Lol, look at reactors video on youtube, kpop blogs etc. It's not ARMY that tags BTS everywhere. People do it for clicks and sometimes it just google algorithm. As BTS are very popular and have much more seraches than other groups it's normal they they end up on top of searches. Just as few years ago when I search kpop related thing I always got BigBang as a result.

I read the https://www.quora.com/Why-is-BTSs-Army-so-toxic and there is nothing that set us apart from other kpop fandoms. Everyone has delusional fans, shippers, spammers etc in their fandom. Just look how many unrelated post and comment are under BTS videos.

The only thing that I can agree was toxic was the Momoland situation - I hope that those people will grow up very fast.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/18/how-bts-mania-spawned-a-toxic-k-pop-fanbase-that-attacked-me-online/ - I remeber the sytuation with him. Again most of ARMY were supporting him but the minority was spamming him with comments. We did address this within our fandom and call-out those 'fans'. Still it's not something that only ARMY did. Let's not forgett for example that VIPs attacked and left no so nice comment under BTS official Instagram somehow blaming them for Seungri. Or the fandoms attacking every journalist outside of Asia that ask about BTS during the interview.

And the thread from Allkpop how what what max 10 users do is representative of the whole fandom? And it was typicall bitinhthread I can pull a whole list that was made against BTS and ARMY just on this forum.

So the toxic things that we do as a fandom are exatcly the same toxic things that other fandoms do everyday as well. Trolls are everywhere, in every fandom.

- Did ARMY pushed a fan do commit suicide like SJ fans did? No
    - Did ARMY made a hate hashtag to trend just to destroy someone career? No
    - Did ARMY made an accoustation of plagiarism loud enough that even family of accusing group twere also posting about it? No
    - Did our big fanbases took a part in any project to destroy someones career and spread lies about them? No
    - Did ARMY ever were throwing false accustation so loud and so hard that someone had to go to court to defend thei name? No

I could go on and on.

The point is that while of course there are toxic, delusional etc people in our fandom they are minority. And while we can be loud and annoying (and we will be more visible because of our numbers) our action as a fandom where never as toxic as a lot of other big fandoms.

ariblake, bogo-shipda and John_Cook like this.
  5. brazon

brazon Newbie

Currency:
    I could go on and on against this though.
    When many many many people from all different fandoms make threads and videos about ARMY as a whole then it's an issue.
    You might wanna re-read what I've said though. I didn't say all, ever. You did that.

Fewer assumptions more reading. I'm done with the topic because you'll defend them regardless of fact or opinions posted in the opposite favour which is toxic in itself fyi. That any time someone has a not so positive opinion about your group you all wanna jump them.

People can hate on 2NE1 my ult bias group /ever/ and I still won't get mad. Why? Because Blackjacks aren't about fanwars.Nor are we insecure in our favs abilities. Plus the end of the day that's their view/opinion and they're valid in having it.
    I could be bitter or mad about people even discrediting them or imo trying to erase them with this generation, yet I don't care to?

They'll always be legendary and that is that.

I used to like BTS a LOT. Until they hit the point they're at BECAUSE of the fandom specifically.
    So not talking hot air or making things up.

Maybe next time instead of writing all this emotional filled retort you could actually try to understand that people can differ in opinion and it not be hate or mean spirited or a call out. But I won't sit here, back and forth on a topic that neither will agree on. Do you.

jihyo_heart and Coldlights111 like this.
  6. LiaPrin

LiaPrin Rookie

Currency:
    That's hilarious! :D
    Blackjacks are dead now. Everybody left the fandom and that's the only reason why they are not a big mess nowadays.
    Back in the day, blackjacks were a mess just like any other big fandom. They fought with sones everyday, constantly dragged girlgroups that didn't have an edgy girlcrush concept and the ones that did girlcrush were accused of plagiarism. Not to mention the fights inside the fandom. Blackjacks were filled with akgaes.
    That's such a joke for anyone who remember the days SNSD and 2NE1 were at their peak.
    Quit acting like other fandoms are better than armys. Any k-pop fandom that gets as big as army is bound to get messy.

ariblake, Isarah1 and John_Cook like this.
  7. brazon

brazon Newbie

Currency:
    Oh, baby. You really need to humble yourself. You're trying oh so hard for a reaction and the best you'll get is this calm reply.
    BJs are more alive than ever or do tell me how they charted after disbandment? Hm, interesting though for a dead fandom?

We're talking about toxicity not about fandoms being messy. Do point me to where anyone's ever made multiple videos/threads about BJs and then we will talk, so far you're doing a lot of it but not saying anything dear? Tsk tsk.

You miss the point and thus there is no point to discuss with you?
    ARMY is filled with casual Kpop fans who could careless about the genre and consistently throw their arrogance and ignorance around.
    They're not even just messy. They self insert into everything not even involving them which goes beyond messy.

They don't just judge every other fandom but instead, it's always some degradement of these other fandoms for not being as big as BTS or how BTS easily overtook older groups? Like get yourselves and then get over yourselves.

The third generation takes it to new heights, yes Kpop fans have always been a sensitive and weird bunch but that's not this.

FranF45, jihyo_heart and EvelynNesbit like this.
  8. LiaPrin

LiaPrin Rookie

Currency:
    All I did was point out your hypocrisy. Using these old tired phrases like "You really need to humble yourself" won't make you have a point.
    The last song 2NE1 released underperformed a lot so that proves I'm right. You are delusional to think blackjacks are more alive than ever.

Fandoms being a mess is toxic. Are you a new k-pop fan? You talk like one. Literally anyone who was a k-pop fan at the time 2NE1 was at their peak remembers the daily fights and toxicity of blackjacks. They were always dragging other girlgroups.

You are mad BTS attracts a lot of people who aren't interested in K-pop and on your groups. Keep crying

Sounds like vips, exo-ls, sones, onces, blackjacks, blinks, and any other fandom of a big k-pop group

1st generationk k-pop fans literally fought on the streets. You know nothing

John_Cook likes this.
  9. kattyerine

kattyerine Newbie

Currency:
    This is going to get me hate but Dahyun is the visual hole of twice by far. There's like a wall of china between her and the other members in term of looks.

jihyo_heart and brazon like this.
  10. brazon

brazon Newbie

Currency:
    Stay pressed. You're the only mad and crying one? This was a post to vent about things and you caught feelings be gone.
    You bring up nothing to rebuttal my remarks, just more and more crap to distract from the fact you're emotional.
    But baby you need to collect yourself. Because being defensive like this only proves you've heard it plenty enough that it triggers you.

The fact you had to pull a whole 'nother group into this says nothing but what I've been saying and that's on you.
    You have no points and bringing in this that have nothing to do with the topic won't help you.

I don't need to throw knowledge since 1992 to be validated by someone like /you/ on my Kpop fan knowledge.
    Someone who can't separate messy/toxic/and fanwar typical bs.

Simple enough for you though to understand; Toxic is when it goes beyond being a mess or a certain group vs group. When it bleeds down into other shit beyond just a fanwar or pettiness. When a fandom starts to think they're better than everyone else in the genre and degrades literally any and every group before and since them. Putting their idols up on this untouchable can't approach pedistal. Attacking people whenever they simply have a negative comment or thought about said group, even if non-malicious. < this one applies to you and the previous tryhard.

Messy is when it's ignorable and usually sorts itself out without leaving a dirty stain on the group they're in the fandom of.

Fanwars don't need explaining but it is you so who knows.

Take this ignore and stay mad/pressed about an opinion many share from all the likes my posts about it are getting to your zilch?

#4250 brazon, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    FranF45 and jihyo_heart like this.
  11. LiaPrin

LiaPrin Rookie

Currency:
    Funny how you claim not to be mad and then admit you felt the need to vent about armys

And what exactly did you brought? Absolutely nothing.
    You're the emotional one dear. You're the one that felt the need to come to this thread to cry about BTS success

I mentioned your fandom to point out your hypocrisy. It has everything to do with the topic. You sound pressed about me exposing your fandom.

Hilarious how you were criticizing casual k-pop fans for their ignorance and lack of knowledge in k-pop but you are very ignorant yourself.
    Stop acting like a K-pop expert and you won't embarass yourself.

As if throwing one group against another and fighting isn't toxic. Being messy is toxic.
    Literally everything you described blackjacks have done. Blackjacks always thought they were better than other girlgroup fandoms(they also had the YG superiority complex), they always dragged other girlgroups, especially the ones with a cute concept, they thought 2NE1 was superior because of their edgy concept and YG brand.
    + the fact you consider my reply an attack just shows how emotional, sensitive and childish you are.

You are a clown acting like the shit your fandom did in the past(when it was still alive) isn't toxic

So weak. It shows you have no arguments.
    Imagine bragging about likes on Allkpop. Kinda childish. Enjoy that validation from the usual BTS antis who spend their whole days hating on them I guess

John_Cook likes this.
  12. EvelynNesbit

EvelynNesbit Celebrity

Currency:
    Moonbyul isn't that great of an idol rapper... She gets hyped a lot because she is in Mamamoo where the other 3 members are really good vocalists.

13. Drawer

Drawer Trainee

Currency:
    Surprisingly liked I can’t stand the rain the least, and I like super car better than 2 fast

brazon likes this.
  14. Anon813

Anon813 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Engineer
    Did ppl really liked that superm song?? I read comments here and went to watch the mv and there is nothing notable in that song. Actually sounded like a stray kids song to me. Messy and noisy for no reason. Please don't quote me saying why you liked it because I know ppl have different taste and I am scared to say that song sounds like a generic try hard rookie group song because ppl on this forum will call me a hater and anti.

ariblake and Ciri like this.
  15. exalxt

exalxt Newbie

Currency:
    i actually really liked jopping? im aware it can be, and is mostly, just viewed as noise but its really catchy and the mv is clearly high quality! i prefer a few other songs on the album but i wouldnt call jopping TERRIBLE

Isarah1 and didi2802 like this.
  16. JinWifeu

JinWifeu Rookie

Currency:
    K ent is trying too hard to break US market

Cherries_Bombed likes this.
  17. JinWifeu

JinWifeu Rookie

Currency:
    I think Sm artists are great vocalist but sucks at rapping.

18. kattyerine

kattyerine Newbie

Currency:
    SuperM is promising, but does anyone else find Jopping extremely cringy? Like it's a bop but man it's hard to get over its cringe.

fataldestiny likes this.
  19. bobbysilvia

bobbysilvia Rookie

Currency:
    I don't get why people really be treating being the most toxic fandom a big competition. We all got ugly piece of shits in each fandom with just a difference of what type of shit, number of shits and how big is the shit.

20. My_life_is_a_lie

Currency:
    blackpink is overhyped, please don’t attack me, just an opinion