[Official] ATEEZ Treasure EP. 3: One to All COME BACK THREAD

Discussion in 'Comeback Threads' started by dancingbella23, May 22, 2019.

1. dancingbella23

dancingbella23 Public Figure

Currency:
    Pirate King
    Warm up for KCON LA with ATEEZ!

2. dancingbella23

Currency:
    Pirate King
    KCON LA Rookies featuring Wooyoung and San!

3. dancingbella23

Currency:
    Pirate King
    Trailer for MTV News!

4. dancingbella23

Currency:
    Pirate King
    Japan fan meeting performance of Illusion

5. dancingbella23

Currency:
    Pirate King
    ATEEZ Get 'Tangled Up' Answering Our Questions | MTV News

ahhh they're so chaotic but I LOVE THEMMMM

6. dancingbella23

Currency:
    Pirate King
    A date with ATEEZ pt 2

7. dancingbella23

Currency:
    Pirate King
  8. dancingbella23

Currency:
    Pirate King
    I'm soooooooooooo jealoussss
    ahhhhhhhhhh they're all so cute <3

:loverr2:

9. dancingbella23

Currency:
    Pirate King
  10. dancingbella23

Currency:
    Pirate King
    The Leader of a New Kpop Generation
    https://www.tmrwmagazine.com/features/music/meet-ateez

Hongjoong - “I’m learning something new every day. Rather than saying I’m leading my members, I’d say I’m still growing together with them.”
    “During the tour, I think I was able to see the members’ thoughts and ways of expressing through a new perspective. It was a good opportunity for us to understand each other better.”

Seonghwa - “We’re on a journey together with our fans.”
    “So it’s important but also meaningful to be able to promote after receiving feedback from [them].”
    “I think every single member individually has a strong sense of responsibility and confidence in themselves.”
    “Still, when we do reach our “breaking point” the member that acts like the “brakes” and helps us take a breather is our leader, Hongjoong. I’d also like to think that I play that role as well.”

Yunho - “We’re not necessarily dividing our idol life and our personal lives. All of our members, including me, want to approach our fans and become familiar with them in a candid way.”

Yeosang - “While we were promoting and touring together, as a team, we once again learned the importance of cooperation and working together. I was also really inspired by the other members’ work ethics.”

San - “Even though we speak different languages, it was really fascinating to see fans all over the world enjoying our music. We received a lot of energy from our fans during every show, and I thought to myself that we should work even harder.”
    “Rather than saying we have one specific member who does this, I think as an entire group, we take care of and embrace each other.”

Mingi - “Before our album was released, we all came together to think about how we could make this an interactive effort with our fans”
    “Having our fans vote and decide on our main promotion song was an idea that came out of this. We’re also very happy because a lot of fans participated in the decision-making process and as a result, are enjoying our music now.”
    “I feel this with every promotion, but I really think our members are very considerate of each other.”
    “Even though sometimes it’s easy to get oversensitive or stressed out during comeback preparations, our members still think of each other and are considerate during those tough times. I learned a lot from them in those moments.”

Wooyoung - “Our company staff always told us that we shouldn’t focus too much on music chart rankings and album sales. Even now, my priority every time I go on stage is to make sure I enjoy and work hard every minute.”

Jongho - “The members and I always talk about how important it is for us not to lose our rookie-mindset and remember our humble beginnings. I believe every opportunity for us to stand on stage is a precious one.”​

#170 dancingbella23, Aug 16, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  11. dancingbella23

Currency:
    Pirate King
    Refinery29: You already proved with your world tour that you’re beloved abroad, but now with your first win you’re also seeing your popularity grow at home. What does that mean to you?

Yunho: "I'm very grateful that we got to perform around the world, but this win is an exciting new progression for us. We can continue to grow together with ATINY."

Mingi: "It really felt like a gift to me. Individually we each worked very hard as trainees. But then being able to debut and getting recognized like this is such an incredible reward for everything we've been through."

Many of you got emotional after that win. What was going through your heads?

Wooyoung: "Like Mingi said, it was an extremely rewarding experience for us. It honestly felt like I was watching a video or a film of my life — everything that I and we as a team had been through in the past just flashed in my memory. I was thinking about how my parents might be watching and crying themselves, so it was an extremely emotional moment for me."

Jongho: "I trained for a pretty long time. I also had this flood of memories of all the hard times I went through as a trainee. That's why I personally felt emotional — it all hit me at once. And then at the same time I felt this huge amount of pride too, so that's why I started to tear up."

Mingi: "I really wasn't expecting the win, to be honest. And like the other guys I became filled with memories too, but because I was so caught by surprise I just felt hit with total happiness."

And as a leader, Hongjoong, you had to keep it together while you gave your thank you speech before you could break down.

Hongjoong: "I had no choice but to do that! We had so many people to thank and to shout out."

Why did you decide to pursue music? And then specifically to become idols professionally?

Jongho: "I listened to a lot of different music growing up, and I realized that I wanted to be the person delivers the same feeling to others that I felt listening to artists. And then when I eventually trained to become an idol, and put the pieces of singing and dancing together, it just felt so right to me — it clicked into place. It's a job that truly brings me so much joy."

San: "Whenever I would listen to music growing up, it helped me emotionally and brought me happiness. In the future I hope that I can bring that happiness to other people."

Wooyoung: "Music is a powerful thing, and once it gripped me it never really let go. It's really the people surrounding me who supported me and cheered me on to pursue it professionally. It’s that, along with the determination of achieving my dream of becoming an idol and the happiness that comes with that, that I’ve kept as my motivation to get through the difficult times."

The trainee process is a very foreign concept to the West. What are the biggest challenges of being a K-pop trainee? What are the biggest joys?

Yeosang: "The most challenging part of being a trainee is that your future isn't promised to you — there's no guarantee that you'll debut at all. And the biggest joy that I had during my trainee days was when I found out I'd be put in a group that would get to debut."

San: "So many people don't make it — it's scary."

Seonghwa: "The biggest challenge for me during the trainee process was my inner struggle, to be honest. I was trying to develop my skills and figure out what my position and place would be within a team. As for the joys, I'm happiest walking the streets and exploring with my members."

What advice would you give to fans looking to harness the same fearlessness and confidence that you lead with in your performances?

Seonghwa: "Through our shows and concerts we try to remind our ATINY that they 'shine brighter than the stars in the universe.' But I think it's very important that fans first love themselves, so that their self-love and overflow to others. That love radiating to others can help connect you and help you build confidence."

Where did you learn that from?

Hongjoong: "My mom has really inspired me, because she's always told me that you can do anything you set your mind to if you love it. I always think about that — if I have a passion for something, I can make anything happen. It's proved to be true with ATEEZ: [performing and making music] is something I love in my life, and we've made it this far together being able to do it. I think we got our first win because of this kind of mindset, and I have my mother to thank for it."

Wooyoung: "Something I learned from my parents was that I should try to always convey my real, earnest feelings and thoughts towards everyone. I think treating everyone sincerely and being authentic is the best way to touch others and have a positive influence. I learned this from my mother and was able to grow up with a more positive mindset because of it."

San: "I often used to wear my heart on my sleeve and take out my frustrations at home after a long day. But I was influenced by how my mother was always very consistent; no matter what hardships or struggles she faced, she tried to always be strong for me. Because of this, I try not to show my struggles or difficulties to my members too much because I want to be considerate."

When you’re on TV and your parents see you, do they give you any feedback or comments?

Wooyoung: "My mother does say stuff to me like, ‘Why does your expression always look the same when you take pictures?’ Our company regularly gives us constructive criticism, but sometimes our parents are the ones who show us really tough love through brutally honest feedback like, ‘Why did you answer the interview question like that?’ or ‘Why does it look like you gained some weight?'’’

Mingi: "Every time my mother calls me, the first thing she says is that I look very scary and intimidating all the time. (Laughs)."

12. dancingbella23

Currency:
    Pirate King
  13. dancingbella23

Currency:
    Pirate King
    ATEEZ KCON LA

Freehearted likes this.
  14. dancingbella23