Official Anime Shading & Bashing Thread

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by kpopaye, Jan 13, 2017.

1. milkshakes

milkshakes ✰ honey10 ✰

u10t and wm artist superfan
    idr the name of it but that one shoujo anime called pet wolf somethin idr, idc, (it's literally been years since ive seen it lmaoooo). would have been so much cuter if it wasnt for the nasty asf main boy love interest :^)))) like he's such an ASS and she stilled stayed w/ him?? and like at the end im pretty sure he was like "ok ill be nicer" AND HE WENT BACK TO BEING A DICK AND SHE STILL STAYED WITH HIM?!?!?!? i h8 shoujo like this lmfao.

SoyeonsTrash likes this.
  2. milkshakes

milkshakes ✰ honey10 ✰

bash at yowapeda bc where tf is the new season

3. mcflxrry

mcflxrry Super Rookie

I don't get how can people find Hataraku Maou-sama funny or entertaining. It was really boring, and it never made me chuckle like--at all.

4. ConsistenceIsKey

LONG Post ahead :D
    Ok so, I might not agree with your view on Sakura as she is basically Tsunade in the new Sanin 3. I mean if you are confused on Sakura, then trust me it gets no better in other characters. People like to call her useless as a meme or whatever, but Sakura is 100x better and useful than the rest of the k12 females and tbh the males as well (I think only Lee would be the person who could win). But yeah, i'm mad they didn't expand on Lee's potential, he was always so badass, I feel they started to ignore him and many of the side characters after a while.
    To continue on...
    Female characters are generally not written to be as strong as males in shounen, they can be strong but still need to be a damsel every now and then sadly. In all honesty, with Naruto and Sasuke basically becoming godlike, it is hard for someone to top that like Goku in DBZ..or Broly. Even the male characters in Naruto seemed weak in comparison.

I'll admit I did not like Sasuke very much ever really (outside the gaybaiting with Naruto), his story was tragic but made no sense to 'oh I'm going to destroy the village my brother died and killed our clan to protect and I love my brother sooo much' Like I understand killing Danzo. But teaming up with Tobi/Obito was ridiculous. Also I feel like Madara was hyped up so much even before the Pein fight kind of, but he ended up getting taken out by black zetsu. Massive eyeroll there.

Sasuke's only purpose was to kill Itachi, he was never trying to hurt the Leaf at all. When the truth about itachi came out, then he went against the leaf. I heard that team Hebi/Taka had a no kill policy at first besides the targets, so Karin was confused as to why he was becoming darker. especially since she can feel emotions, so when he says just sorry to her, her forgiving him is her just only acting on her romantic feelings she can actually feel he is sorry. Even though I feel like irl both SS and SK are abuse, SK is better than SS hands down.

1) Sasuke/Sakura is a joke.
    2) Naruto/Hinata is also a joke, maybe even worse because while Sasuke interacted with Sakura as a child, Naruto paid Hinata zero attention. I think the only person that makes sense with Sasuke would have been Karin because she might not have known him as a child, but she was their in his older age into manhood. And people try to make her out to be some creep when that is not the case.

Some people ship LeeSaku or KakaSau. The first one I don't mind per se, but KakaSaku feels so gross, like parent and child. I honestly think Naruto/Sakura made the most sense as far as main characters go. I think I really liked Kiba/Hinata as it made sense. They grew up together, she could actually talk to him without stuttering, he encouraged her, and i'm almost positive that he blushed around her at one point. Plus him and Shino are more in tune with her feelings than any other character (despite it feeling like a one way street->like her not really showing that in tune...ness with his feelings).

I just feel it is better than Naruto who never paid her any mind besides the neji chuunin fight, people like to say that he went 9 tails because of her during pein fight (like he hasnt done that before in many situations *massive eye roll*). He didn't even look for her after that. And if NH was planned why didn't they have it be Hinata who hugged him, instead of Sakura? Would have made much more sense right? They just don't give NH anyyy development, it is all toward NS (Whether that be Naruto and Sasuke or Naruto and Sakura as shounen manga more than likely is not going to add a gay pairing no matter how much they gaybait).

I'm also mad at how Kiba's love interest looks so plain, like she was just thrown in their to give him a love interest. Also, her being a cat ninja despite having no attributes that give that away and being so unoriginal. Chouji and Karui came out of no where, but since I never really gave much thought to chouji I wasn't really bothered. I felt that while Sai/Ino is healthier than SS, it still is very weak. I think the only canon couple I liked was Shikamaru and Temari (despite me intially liking him with Ino) because they actually had development. You actually saw them bonding (it wasnt like every episode but it was enough) if the other couples were endgame, it wouldnt have hurt to have shown them actually conversing like ShikaTema did. All the canon pairings were asspulls otherwise besides previous mentioned exception.

And that is just the shipping issues I have, there is soooo much more wrong.

5. milkshakes

milkshakes ✰ honey10 ✰

i've probably said this already in this thread but i absolutely hate izaya orihara, i wanna fight and beat this dweeb in connect four.

6. milkshakes

milkshakes ✰ honey10 ✰

not anime but i need to say it
    i h8 the male vocaloids
    gachapoid and oliver r the only valid male vocaloids. gakupo is ok..... SOMETIMES >:^(

diamondsky likes this.
  7. JonathanNC

JonathanNC Trainee

Music/Anime Fan
    I have a question, Should I make a thread about the whole Vic Mignogna/Anime Outsiders thing or is it okay to just mention it here? I have more to say due to recent events.

8. Akemi_Arisu

Akemi_Arisu Newbie

Being gay
    I don't know about you, but Shrek is the best anime in my opinion. Just look at this snack, I wanna eat him all up[​IMG]

Burrito and fantasygoose like this.
  9. JonathanNC

JonathanNC Trainee

Music/Anime Fan
    I might make the thread if I knew that people would try to have a civil debate about this, But I am just worried if I make thread that people wouldn't even try to be civil. And if the latter ended up happening then I wouldn't bother making the thread.
    Perhaps I might make a thread about Anime Outsiders/The Other Side Podcast instead because while they have been getting more attention, People don't know about them as much as they do Vic. (Even some Istandwithvic people turned against Anime Outsiders recently but that's another story I will mention in more detail if I decide to make a thread about AO.)

#389 JonathanNC, May 31, 2019
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
  10. Snowishy

Snowishy Newbie

Astronomer
    Watatenshi is a disgusting show and im SO SICK of how people underplay the creepiness of it... the main character sickens me ugh its purely made for those borderline pedos

IcarusPrime and diamondsky like this.
  11. fantasygoose

fantasygoose Trendsetter

Writer
    Go Jun Pyo from Boys Over Flowers was a jerk. ( I remember being totally angry about how he treated that one horse in one episode.)

But Tsukasa in the anime series nearly rapes her in one scene.

I remember being very uncomfortable about that scene. (but it was more because of the scene being a bit too sexually graphic for me)

I wouldn't freaking date a guy like that.

Can I talk about the fact that it is a freaking shoujo? Like marketed towards teenage girls?
    I wouldn't want teenage girls to think this stuff is okay.

12. StanPLT

StanPLT Rookie

TS STAN
    midoriya...oh midoriya.. im sorry but he was a p**sy a** bi**h. And f**k the producers for going on with that shitty storyline.

13. PeskyRachel

PeskyRachel Rookie

Reveluvie
    Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
    A good anime, no matter what ppl say. Yeah, it can be slow (just like Tanaka) but it's still relaxing. (It's a slice-of-life not a shounen and stuff). And tbh he's my everyday mood.

Aku no Hana
    The story is good (read the manga, you'll know what i mean). The thing that ppl complain bout this anime is the animation, which i don't see like a problem, but a part of the whole atmosphere of the story.

Free!
    I swear i didn't watch it just for the muscles. Actually i don't really like any anime or manga that is about sports, but this one and Inazuma Eleven "are the only exception". (Sorry for the Paramore feelings :oops:)

Anyways, for me is all about the story. If i like it i'll surely watch the whole thing.

14. ConsistenceIsKey

I agree with you 10000000% percent.

15. ConsistenceIsKey

All i'm going to say is both NH and SS are the most laughable ships in the entire series, even more so then ChoKarui. ChoKarui actually isn't that bad because you can infer that development occurred off-screen. ALL of the development between NS was in the forefront of the entire series. Shoo even SNS was. Sasuke and Karin make way more sense than NH, still. Like you can't have you're hero love a specfic person the entire series/manga,side episodes included and then at the last second retcon all emotional development the character has and then make it seem like they are just too much of an idiot to even understand what love is. Like this dude made Zabuza cry, i'm sure he didn't think Haku loved Zabuza like ramen, or he wouldn't have been crying that hard or that angry. Like stop trying to dumb down Naruto to make sense of NH. He just wasn't interested in her.

Someone had the nerve to say that Naruto changed Neji for Hinata. Like no, Naruto just didn't like bullies. He hated that behavior. He changed neji for neji. He was sympathetic to neji being enslaved to main branch.

That doesn't make sense. It's like saying MLK jr. advocated against change so that white people would be happy and free to be themselves...like what??

Hinata was already in a position of esteem, yes Neji was angry at how he was enslaved, how his father died, how he had to serve hinata who is so weaker than him, and more. You don't change the system for those who are already benefiting, you change the system for those who are oppressed or less fortunate.

16. diamondsky

diamondsky Rookie

i STILL stand by this tbh.

bruh ik this is an old post but you gotta admit spice by len kagamine slaps. :(

milkshakes likes this.
  17. Solarsido

Solarsido ⋆⋱✵Sparkle✵⋰⋆

Shounen romances suck big time and you can't tell me otherwise

fantasygoose and SoyeonsTrash like this.
  18. SoyeonsTrash

SoyeonsTrash Super Rookie

Being an antagonist.
    period. I fucking hate shounen romances, its just unshippable the girl is always annoying or something but then when you look at shoujo romances you want to ship everything

19. dprcream

dprcream Married to @yoichiidesu

pup dealer
    Stop. Sexualizing. Teenage. Girls.
    I love KnB but Momoi's character was both extremely annoying and uncomfortable to watch, the chick is the size of a child, acts like a child, sounds like a child, and first time you see her changing then a good 10 seconds pause on her chest jiggling around. Isn't she supposed to be like 15 there? Wtf!

milqy, fantasygoose and IcarusPrime like this.
  20. diamondsky

diamondsky Rookie

idk if other ppl think this but why is bakugou such a popular char in bnha. like every fan ik is so thirsty for him like he's a dick to literally every character and yeah i get liking hot-headed characters but he's literally so brutal to yoUng midoriya like

anyways idk why he's so underrated since he's the main char but stan my boy deku he's adorable he's not a pussy ok :cryingr: