Official Anime Shading & Bashing Thread

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by kpopaye, Jan 13, 2017.

1. kKaliko

kKaliko Idol

Currency:
    RM MONO PR TEAM
    dragon ball super is seriously shit.

Dopamine and Juyeric like this.
  2. StrawHat_luffy

StrawHat_luffy Super Rookie

Currency:
    Caption
    MEAT.......
    I cried :waterr:

RoseMarie and kingespada20 like this.
  3. WhippedForCookie

WhippedForCookie Super Rookie

Currency:
    High School DxD is hella one big mistake. The main character is disgusting, the plot is boring but somehow it's still popular and have four or so seasons. Like what the fuck?

Dopamine, slaygi and Lodaea like this.
  4. Ojijini

Ojijini Super Rookie

Currency:
    a boring ass student/renjun enthusiast.
    season 3 is gonna end soon i think but i dropped tokyo ghoul:re after episode 2. even skipped it. why?

THE ANIMATION SUCKS. I AM DISAPPOINTED.

stick with the manga instead.

Lodaea likes this.
  5. Lodaea

Lodaea Newbie

Currency:
    Never liked hiiro no kakera. I don't understand those who like it.
    Log horizon was so bad I had to hide while watching it(in the end I didn't finish it )
    Food wars would be a lot better without all the ecchi parts.
    Hiro mashima's design of girls in Fairy tail is so unrealistic and disgusting I don't even want to talk about their clothes
    Magi was not that interesting .I sticked to it because of Judar .
    Luffy's power ups are grotesque
    Naruto needed more romance and 'the last' just seems too forced to be natural .
    I don't see the need for a season 3 of code geass.
    Tokyo ghoul : re needs a better anime.
    The anime's just awful.

fantasygoose likes this.
  6. Lodaea

Lodaea Newbie

Currency:
    Inuyasha .
    I love it but hate the main couple.
    I would've liked it if kagome ended with sesshomaru.
    Inuyasha was a jerk most of the time (i don't hate him tho) and I'm sure if kikyo wasn't dead(for good) he wouldn't have ended with kagome.
    Their relationship (inukag) seems really unhealthy.

7. Lodaea

Lodaea Newbie

Currency:
    Highschool dxd
    Highschool of the dead
    Shit disguised in anime.
    Most of the songs in dance with devils were cringy

Riko_Nee likes this.
  8. fantasygoose

fantasygoose Trendsetter

Currency:
    Writer and Librarian (kind of)
    The only thing I liked about Hiiro No Kakera was the opening song.
    It feels like a long time since I watched that anime, so I don't remember that much from it. But that one plot twist about Fiona was so freaking predictable.

Lodaea likes this.
  9. Riko_Nee

Riko_Nee Rookie

Currency:
    Mangas>>>>>>>>>>>animes

10. Riko_Nee

Riko_Nee Rookie

Currency:
    -Mangakas only know how to write three kind of female characters. First, the cutesy and cheery airhead with big boobs. Second, the ice cold princess also with big boobs. Third, the shy and crybaby girl also with big boobs.
    -Why do some of these characters always apologizing? Even they apologized for things that aren't their mistake. Stand up for yourself, geez.

Sitrone and IQYZS like this.
  11. MirajaneAlpha22

MirajaneAlpha22 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Two months late but, it's totally worth. Just the emotional ride you're going to get with this is....

Sitrone likes this.
  12. Redvana

Redvana Newbie

Currency:
    Why are the dragon ball super mangas taking forever to come out?
    Why are they doing the anime first?

13. elle_ethereal

elle_ethereal Trainee

Currency:
    There's a manga I like I re-read it all the time that was called boring :mad: and the people calling it boring recommended Faster Than A Kiss. Maybe they wanted to see teacher fucking (or sexual tension) instead of the process of falling in love and being confessed to...This manga is annoying and it's endless dilemma after dilemma every chapter. I'd rather keep my boring Orange Planet.

14. Redvana

Redvana Newbie

Currency:
    Sasuke is dumb

15. minyijae

minyijae Newbie

Currency:
    just being a pain in the ass or a great blessing
    tokyo ghoul has certain things that needed to be looked from every angle, but however, the logic is very screwed up.

16. Thighgirl

Thighgirl Rookie

Currency:
    OP, you and I share the same opinion about Naruto. I liked the anime but the end was just a joke. A bad joke

17. Agbraxas

Agbraxas Newbie

Currency:
    Wow the anime threads are way more dead than the kpop threads but at least you guys seem a lot more friendlier than the kpop thread users LOL. I have seen a lot of anime and disliked most of them but I keep watching for that occasional really good egg. I could go on for ages about how much I don't like several anime I have seen but I will try to restrict myself (a little bit). If something is under a spoiler it's because I'm complaining about something that's actually a spoiler for someone who hasn't seen the whole anime. I haven't seen most of these anime in a long time so i can't give as specific criticisms as i'd like (except for tokyo ghoul and madoka which i've seen slightly more recently)
    • SAO was a mess but you guys have already got it covered. Same with Naruto.
    • Black Butler was a mess. The only season I liked was Book of Circus. The balance between comedy in the show is often out of place and I just remember the actual plotline being a total mess with angela and what not, it's all a blur to me now. I could write better criticisms if I remembered it better. It's a bit disturbing 12 year olds idolize sebastian while he's over here tricking women into sleeping with him to swindle information out of them, and in book of circus that high key led to the entire ruining of someone's life?
    • I know Neon Genesis Evangelion is supposed to be iconic, but I REALLY wanted to like the characters in this and just couldn't. I don't think the fact they paved the way for 1-dimensional character tropes is necessarily a good thing and the whole budget not being enough to support the ending was kind of a big deal. I only remember one episode being stand out to me but nothing got better after that point. I still need to watch the rebuilds and I hope they can save the series for me.
    • Elfen Lied had a really good plot set up and totally could have been amazing if it weren't for the fact that the author liked to show more of the main characters' incestual relationship than develop any of the poster/image characters like lucy/nyu. This whole show was just incest, and it was literally the whole incestual relationship being the reason that lucy got jealous that ruined like the entire story and all the development that had been made for her up to that point because why would she look at two cousins dating and think it's a normal thing and be jealous?? This whole show was a mess.
    • I won't go into details but Mirai Nikki was also a mess and full of plot holes. The plot twist was not handled well and practically changed the whole genre and yuno was 1-dimensional. Also that one filler arc where yuno like locked yuki up or something and then he breaks out but then they act normal together and like nothing happened for the rest of the series?? This show was at least entertaining.
    • In general i don't like standard hype af overexaggerated shonen anime because they're pretty much just cut and paste. And I don't like the boobs in your face sexual or harem tropes either. this is for some reason like 99% of anime, I search hard for anime that doesn't have this problem.
    • I don't like Mikasa from aot. I understand in her situation she would feel very attached to eren, but she is so 1-dimensional and has no qualities beyond being attached to eren.
    • Eren has gotten kidnapped so many times in aot that it genuinely seems like the author regretted making him the main character and doesn't feel like telling the story through eren's pov like he's supposed to. Also just in general the manga has gotten so wild that the story isn't even anything like what it originally seemed to be.
    • I know the anime community thinks of steins gate as some untouchable legendary work but I couldn't really get into it even though I watched all of it. The pacing was terribly slow and full of filler. My biggest pet peeve about the whole plot was that when mayuri was stuck in her loop of dying and badly needed to be saved that was when the writer decided to have a ton of kurisu x main character filler shipping, while mayuri is over here suffering?? the anime community loves kurisu but I just found her annoying.
    • This anime was the worst thing I've ever seen probably. I don't remember a lot from it except that all the best characters died or turned out to not exist. And there was some kind of filler episode about the main character having sex in order to save the world?? and yuka was quite possibly one of the most annoying characters i've ever seen in my life.
    • I'm amazed so many people became huge fans of tokyo ghoul from the anime without reading the manga. Although I didnt read the manga I could tell that the anime was adapted poorly and super duper rushed. For me the entire thing that was interesting about tokyo ghoul was the whole theme of ghouls and humans supposedly being not wholly bad and kaneki having to struggle as a ghoul to deal with being a ghoul without losing his humanity. The show would always hint at the human characters being supposedly good, esp the younger police officer, but then they would never actually have them do anything nice so the humans were all jerks, which ruined the dynamic between studying how both humans and ghouls could coexist while not being wholly evil entities. Also the whole kaneki becoming suddenly insane at the end of the series ruined the whole thing for me. I understand he would have to break in some way at some point, but to me the entire charm of the series all lay in the internal conflict kaneki had between his human and ghoul side. If he just becomes a mad man then that empathetic sentiment to him is completely gone and there goes the entire theme of the show. There has to be some kind of struggle to maintain humanity in any show that's about ghouls or zombies or what not in order for it to be interesting on a psychological level to me because otherwise it's just slasher gore which i find boring :// The lore was also not well established for what exactly kills a ghoul? because those weapons the specific police used could kill them and other times it would seem like ghouls could get killed if injured while needing food, but other times it would seem like a ghoul could just eat a tiny bit and no matter how critically injured they were they would automatically be completely healed? it's hard to feel anything watching violence if you have no understanding of how much they can get hit before dying.
    • Something I like about boku no hero academia is that the main character is one of the few characters who cares about actually helping people rather than just competition. madoka magica is another one of those anime where it seems like no one cares about being a hero other than for selfish reasons, and madoka doesnt even become a hero for 99% of the series because she's so worried about her wish, even when she's in the face of someone almost dying. Kyubey's motive is basically just to stop the heat death of the universe, which is a good thing. Magical girls stop witches which convince people to kill themselves. But these witches are necessary to prevent the universe from ending, even if they cause a smaller percent of the population to die/suffer. In the end what madoka does (which was op af) causes demons to replace witches and cause magical girls to not have to turn into witches, but kyubey says they won't prevent the heat death of the universe as much. So basically what we're saying is magical girls are spared from having to turn into witches, but the rest of the world is still having people kill themselves from demon curses the same way they were with witches before, and the heat death of the universe won't be prevented except very slowly by harvesting these demons. so everyone might have to die when the universe ends now when they didn't have to before madoka did this. madoka's wish also undoes magical girls' wishes, which is why sayaka is dead because she didn't want to disregard sayaka's wish. so basically how many other magical girls had their wishes undone just because they didnt know madoka personally? that means a lot of people who were saved by magical girls' wishes would have died by what madoka did. what a happy ending. I also generally think homura's power was just unnecessary and explained nothing but why madoka is op through the "power of several timelines", why she knew madoka, and why homura is a jerk. it would've been easier to just have someone meet madoka and have had a friend become a witch from being a magical girl in the past and tell her instead of having to make them know her in a past life, and just make that character not a jerk, rather than to have to introduce something as complicated as time travel into the story to explain nothing except why someone is op. It opens up so many plot holes and even the writer himself said he doesn't know how homura's powers work. In general madoka has many points that are just a rip off of bokurano, higurashi, and steins;gate only done worse and not better.

18. diamondsky

diamondsky Rookie

Currency:
    i can't stand kirito. and asuna. can't stand anyone in SAO tbh

19. kpopfoodie

kpopfoodie Trainee

Currency:
    Stanning BTS
    I tried. I really tried with Magi and A Certain Magical Index. I always have a rule to watch 10eps of >30mins show before quitting. The regret and struggle was real as I crossed ep 3 for Magi and ep 5 for ACMI.

20. yemm

yemm Trendsetter

Currency:
    yeri's wife
    hiro mashima's new series is next level tragic, i checked it out just to see how sucky it was and it succeeded all my expectations
    first chapter in and rebecca, the main female chara is lucy clone, shiki, male main chara is natsu clone. Rebecca has a fcking talking cat whom idk the name of but happy clone
    nakama power and pervert gag
    Crappy plot
    Makes me think the shit known as fairy tail never came to an end
    did u even try mashima

#340 yemm, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    kingespada20 likes this.