Official Anime Shading & Bashing Thread

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by kpopaye, Jan 13, 2017.

1. kpopaye

kpopaye Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Girl Group Trash
    yep, you read that right. it's finally time

I'm sure we all have some anime that we want to rant about so now is your chance.
    You can say anything you want about any anime you want.
    Just get it out, get it all out. So that we can be happy again.
    Rules: don't get offended when someone rants about your favorite anime,
    you may share your opinion with them and discuss it but don't attack people.

Since some of mine are pretty long I'll put them in spoilers.

Ah, SAO. I don’t think I've ever ranted about an anime as much as I have about Shit Art Online. I mean, sure, SAO only has a few flaws like; pacing, character development, plot structure, dialogue, direction, cinematography, editing, animation, fight choreography, basic story telling, sexual assault and pretty much everything that an anime consists of. Yet 12 yr olds still seem to love this show.

First of all, I have never seen such terrible character writing and development in my life apart from Akame Ga Kill, but even then it’s worse. This show might as well be called Kirito the OP god and useless waifu Asuna ft. his harem and other irrelevant side characters and more BS. Remember Klein? no? probably cause he was only relevant for only 1 second and same goes for all those other girls who were only relevant for being added to Kirito’s harem. Don’t come at me justifying Kirito’s Op ness by saying he ‘was a beta tester and that’s why he is powerful and he spent 2 years playing 24/7'. no, just no. I've heard it all. sit your ass down and learn the difference being powerful, OP and being crazy godly OP to the point where it’s just ridiculous. If you didn’t already guess, Kirito is the very latter. And okay, let's say that for some reason his overpowered-ness was justified, why the hell would you want your MC to be like that? that literally ruins everything from the start. Would it be fun if Ash won every single battle in Pokemon? no, that's why they make him lose every single time for 10 years now. Remember this scene? Yeah, I don't need to say any more. You would at least think ‘Oh Kirito is so OP and every chick wants him, he must be great’ BUTTTT NOPE. He’s bland, boring and has no personality just like the rest of the cast, really. We litterly don’t know shit about the side characters apart from their names and even then I couldn’t care less what their names are since they're irrelevant to the story in the first place. [​IMG]
    I mean Asuna has some personality maybe? she cried her eyes out for stupid AI after like 2 days that was supposed to be her 'daughter' which was stupid cause Yui ruined everything this anime ever stood for, which was not a lot, to begin with. That very scene of Yui "dying" was also terrible and let me tell you why.
    The only thing that did this anime ever did stand for was this whole fear of "dying" in a game and then boom. We get a character that's in the freaking database that can come back to life. That just defies everything the writers had done so far.
    However, if it wasn't already bad enough, Kirito's character became the worse because of this. As soon as Yui was dying he pulled some PHD computer degree out of his ass and used to "store" Yui in an item, are you freaking serious???
    The very moment when you finally think someone is gonna die, they writers are immediately like "OH NO WORRIES YOUR WAIFU IS STILL ALIVE" :rolleyes:
    So remind me again, what does this anime stand for nobody even dies????
    For the love of god Kirito can hack into the main frame in 0.1 seconds to store this complicated creature in an item YET HE COULDN'T FREAKING ACTIVATE THE LOG OUT BUTTON??? I'm sure that would've been way easier since you probably just have to add some line of code like ffs Kirito here goes all your character out the window.
    It's funny how also they also ruined Asuna's character as soon as she was revealed. Let us also take a moment for the most ridiculous love line yet between Kirito and Asuna. Meeting the "love of your life" even though you only known each other for like 3 days? now that's a good joke.
    Ain't nobody got time for that.

Alfheim Online in a nutshell: Incest and tentacle rape. Need I say more?
    [​IMG]

GGO was stupid I can't even. First it was kinda enjoyable with Sinon but then the story was just shit with the whole Death Gun thing. Though I have to admit, Sinon is more likable than miss useless Asuna.
    Mother's Rosario arc was just painful.
    There was literally NO other purpose for Yuuki than to die. Even then the pacing was all wrong which made me not being able to create a bond with Yuuki cause she died after like 3 eps and surprise surprise, Asuna was crying her eyes out again.
    She seems to have a thing for crying about people she barely knows. I felt absolutely nothing.

TL;DR: NOT ONE SINGLE INCHE IN THIS WHOLE ANIME MAKES SENSE. I could go on and on but don't waste your time with an anime that delulu people think is good because they don't know quality anime and cause of the decent animation and OST's. There's nothing else to this shit show.
    yet it's getting a season 3 and movies and whatnot.

Since I watched Naruto like ages ago there's not much I can say.
    I don't watch fillers do I can't really complain about them. But for ffs Sasuke is an ungrateful little piece of shit. If anything, he doesn't deserve Itachi. Itachi did not die for Sasuke's mess. Honestly nobody has time to deal with Sasuke's shit. Other than healing, I'm not sure what Sakura's purpose was, especially before Shippuden. also, wtf is up with some fights taking 5-10 eps??? I even had to skip fights sometimes cause it was too boring.

However, the thing that pissed me off more than anything was the fucking 'love lines' in the end of the series like WTAF? Naruto and Hinata??? that's so laughable. Hinata never said a word to him only obsessing and stalking him for years. don't remind me of that fight where Hinata helped Naruto cause that was nothing.
    Also, why in the world does Sasuke's child look like Karin?! Sasuke x Sakura is probably the most laughable thing too. all of this is laughable to me.

I stopped watching after the whole bs with madara and the war came in.

I don't even know how many brain cells I lost while watching AKG. The only reason why I endured it is because Akame is bae. I Really don't care about the rest. How can you kill off a character EVERY EPISODE without even giving us the time to bond with them and then expect to us to 'feel sad' about it???? It just doesn't work like that. Because of that, I stopped caring about the other characters since they're gonna die anyways JUST FOR THE SAKE OF DYING.
    Do I also need to talk about the moment where they killed off an MC?
    One does not freaking KILL A MAIN CHARACTER. I remember after watching the episode where Tatsumi died I literally lost my shit. I kept trying to ignore every shit thing the anime was doing but it just didn't stop.
    Now the last thing I wanna talk about is Tatsumi x Mine...
    i just.. can't express my frustration with that ship.
    Someone please tell me for the love of god how can you make us think that Tatsumi x Akame is supposed to happen by making those two spend time with each other and creating a bond ONLY TO THROW EVERYTHING OUT THE WINDOW AND MAKE TATSUMI X MINE HAPPEN.[​IMG]
    I honestly cannot fucking stand when they throw everything that makes sense away for something that doesn't make sense AT ALL.
    I have never seen a more random ass ship that didn't make any sense.
    At least Kirito straight went for Asuna.
    I was just so done with this anime. This had so much potential but nah they threw it all out the window for nothing.

I just wanna start by naming the genre's of Fairytail: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Magic, Shounen.
    Now someone tell me where is the genre for Ecchi? I don't see it in there yet I see boobs in my face everytime. This is more like how to ruin an anime with excessive fan service 101 with Hiro Mashima.
    I really could not stand how they ruin beautiful moments with some random ass fanservice.
    My other thing is, this whole anime was about Natsu trynna find his daddy Igneel which is great and all YET THE VERY MOMENT IT HAPPENED WAS DISAPPOINTING. That should've been the most emotional moment but nah. Also let's not even start about every character having daddy issues.
    how did they screw up after season 1 like really.

Another thing, if I hear Juvia say 'gray sama' one more damn time with her fangirling I will flip a damn table.

I guess these are the main anime that frustrate me cause I have more but I don't think those are worth ranting about. I'll make another thread concerning those problems :)

#1 kpopaye, Jan 13, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Sitrone, Dopamine, Thighgirl and 20 others like this.
  2. DISABLED#4

DISABLED#4 Star

Currency:
    Hand Shakers
    I tried watching the first ep because the plot seemed interesting but I couldn't get through the first five minutes because of all the fanservice

3. kpopaye

kpopaye Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Girl Group Trash
    I certainly do know that feeling.

Peaches_Rose, Myrhia and DISABLED#4 like this.
  4. koschei

koschei Star

Currency:
    I wish gintama would stop using vomit jokes

5. kpopaye

kpopaye Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Girl Group Trash
    LMAO I only watched like one scene of Gintama and that is accurate.

Myrhia likes this.
  6. kpopaye

kpopaye Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Girl Group Trash
    Myrhia and dprcream like this.
  7. koschei

koschei Star

Currency:
    you're missing out, but I'm probably just biased

and yes, it's super uncomfortable to watch in every anime ever

Myrhia and kpopaye like this.
  8. CookieMaster

CookieMaster Rookie

Currency:
    Psycho Pass 2 should've never happened. Yeah some episodes were fine and even I managed to watch it all without dropping it. But from all the flaws Mika was their biggest mistake. My god what an annoying character

Log Horizon is a glorified MMO tutorial. I gave that show like what, more than 12 episodes? and it was still so boring. Honestly surprised people love it so much

Black Rock Shooter is a concept with so much potential but the ova and anime dont seem to deliver. Dont get me wrong, Im actually a fan of the ova/anime. But BRS has some of the sickest character designs and I could imagine them making a pretty awesome action anime for it, but instead it was mostly just slice of life and just.....couldve been better

Get the scientist girl and the robot out of Nichijou and focus on Mio more, and I might have finished this show

cant think of anymore rn

9. kpopaye

kpopaye Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Girl Group Trash
    couldn't agree more.

I thought I was the only one? Like the characters were so freaking boring as well. People kept saying it's a thousand times better than SAO but not really.

10. Erza_Scarlet31

Erza_Scarlet31 Super Rookie

Currency:
    PREACH I was going to talk about Shitty Plotline Online but you already educated everyone so moving on

Log Horizon
    The anime series has blandly drawn characters, bland animation, bland setting, and finally, Akatsuki being the victim of moe. It's like it resembles more of cough*.hack*cough than Sword Art Online does. While it is true Log Horizon may have better writing and better character development, Sword Art Online had better production values than Log Horizon. It's no wonder Sword Art Online is more popular and considered overrated.

Lmao and poop jokes other then that I don`t think I have a problem with the show

11. Voldy

Voldy Celebrity

Currency:
    Villain
    Not really a rant but sometimes Anime Openings spoil too much from the Anime which kinda ruins the fun for me, not the nice kind where they put good teasers, etc on purpose.
    And sometimes Anime Openings/Endings feature nice fights which unfortunatelly won't happen like that in the Anime.

--------------

For people like me who started to know about Death Note through the Anime, L's face, etc was hidden for a while but it was pretty easy to guess that the guy in the Opening is probably him even if you didn't read the Manga or knew beforehand of it, not really a minus but sometimes I start watching Anime Openings after I progressed a little in the Anime to kinda feel more suspense or how you call it and to not already guess the character affiliation by the Opening too much.

12. koschei

koschei Star

Currency:
    [​IMG]

13. CookieMaster

CookieMaster Rookie

Currency:
    oh wow i didnt even realise they spoiled Ls face, I was late to the Death Note party so i already new what L looked like before I started the show, but something like that should be a secret i think lol

14. DZico

DZico Trendsetter

Currency:
    I hate how they make humans seem like victims in tokyo ghoul , and even justify the killing of innocent ghouls just cuz they can't eat anything other then human flesh .

15. xwhisperx

xwhisperx Leader

Currency:
    Derp Queen
    Oooo @kingespada20 this your thread... let your inner anger flow....

kingespada20 and kpopaye like this.
  16. kpopaye

kpopaye Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Girl Group Trash
    I couldn't even watch Log Horizon for more than 2 eps cause that's how boring it was.
    I would def prefer it over SAO still but like you said, sao has better production value.
    that's why kids love it regardless of it being shit.
    thankyou :dancer:I tried my best. though I could go on about that shit show forever, it's not worth my time

Myrhia and Erza_Scarlet31 like this.
  17. kpopaye

kpopaye Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Girl Group Trash
    you deserve an award for saying that. i get they wanna put the whole arc in the opening but bruh, I don't need to spoil it all for me

FranF45, Myrhia and angeler88 like this.
  18. Erza_Scarlet31

Erza_Scarlet31 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Lmfao yes it was, just I wished they don`t joke about it too much

koschei likes this.
  19. xwhisperx

xwhisperx Leader

Currency:
    Derp Queen
    It that how you saw it? I saw both sides were equally fucked up in certain areas, and 'Kill or be killed' aspect was the main option.....but then i started reading the manga also...

20. kpopaye

kpopaye Worldwide Star

Currency:
    Girl Group Trash
    I shall be waiting for him :p

kingespada20 likes this.