☆Official AKP Team feedback thread☆

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Super_Junior_15x, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Manoko

Manoko Married to @blossom_girl

Basic Bitch Cult
    i'm writing a guideline on how to host events, and that's a point included ^^

Emileh, lighterxx and GukkieBun like this.
  2. Gigi

Gigi Icon

ok, I understand this is criticism and all, but like why are some people so harsh...?
    Like, as much as koko would like it to be true, bloss and koko aren't gods they're human and they can make mistakes especially when it comes to a first time hosting an event.
    There are so many factors to take into consideration when it comes to considering the last event hosted and the main one is that both bloss and koko were overall the only ones able to host it. That's over 20 or so couples playing and 2 people having to manage it all. yes there were mistakes with the timing, yes it started off a bit shaky and some minor issues, but overall people in the thread were enjoying it all. Honestly, as someone that was playing in the event the issues weren't that problematic. I mean, they caused me to freak the fuck out, but not very problematic enough to ruin the entire game. I enjoyed the game and from what I could see so did the people I was playing with.
    My main point here is to go easy on koko and bloss. They're great at being event team members, they have great ideas, and they tried their hardest to make everything work.
    so be a little nice ok?

or else

flat,800x800,075,t.u2.jpg

great civilized discussion y'all~

Emileh, GukkieBun and Manoko like this.
  3. Gigi

Gigi Icon

now onto the criticism:
    1. The main problem that I saw was a little lacking with detail when the event was being hosted. I think that was what caused the issues and confusion. Some people didn't know how many forms to submit, where to submit some of their answers, timing, etc.
    2. It's already been said and I'm pretty sure it's being taken care of for future events: the time the games will be hosted. I was very confused with the change in time hence why I dropped out because I didn't think I could play but then it was changed so it was a bit confusing. I would recommend making a poll asking which days of the week (ofc days that the event team members themselves can host) would usually be free days for users. That might help with participating users and not dropping out last minute. Also, I would tag all users a day or 2 prior to notify them of an the event taken place so they know they're still playing and it would make it run more smoothly.

but overall event team members doing great <3

Emileh, GukkieBun and Manoko like this.
  4. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    What do you mean I’m not a god??? That’s a lie!

Yes I agree, a lot of the mistakes happened because of our neglect on details!

Emileh, GukkieBun and Gigi like this.
  5. Gigi

Gigi Icon

ok but ofc you'd go for the god comment out of everything i said SMH

6. StanleyM

StanleyM Newbie

Dear AKP staffs

I see that an improvement has been made in term of comeback threads, that you make a designated Comeback Thread for all of them.
    My first follow up recommendation for this one is to further create a sub-thread within the Comeback Thread for each year.

So, we will have Comeback Thread and inside it, there will be Comeback 2018, Comeback 2017, etc.
    For some comeback that occurs at the end of the year, maybe post 20th December, you can start by putting it in 2017, and only when it reaches 2018, and there are still considerable discussion going on, then you can move it to 2018.
    This will create bettew timeline view on the comebacks for new member of AKP who wants to look for any kind of comeback in the past 1 or 2 years

Another concern for me is the role of K-Pop thread which kinda feel like a gossip thread.
    I feel that the K-Pop thread should only consists on 2 things: (1) congratulatory thread and (2) achievement discussion.
    The rest should go to either the gossip thread, or at least to specific group discussion (or soloist or the company).

For achievement discussion, I kinda think it is quite good to make a designated thread for Melon/GaOn chart etc, which is concluded with the MMA or any annual achievement. This, not only allows people to have better reference when discussing about the performance of certain song or to compare between several songs.

This way, the KPop thread will only contains the comeback songs/albums that is available, which is followed with discussion on its performance in Melon/Youtube/etc., and in the on congratulated in the congratulatory thread. Members should not be allowed to create any other thread that are not related with each this 3 matters. And extra discussion should be done either in gossip thread or specific artist thread. For this, a company specific thread might also be helpful, for instance, YG thread, SM thread, Cube thread. So instead of comparing the company performance in K-Pop thread like now, they can talk about it in the specific company thread.

This is my recommendation, and I think this will decrease the amount of fanwars occuring in KPop thread and nonsense discussion where the reference is not clear. With good directory, good referencing can be done and will lead to healthier discussion.

This is my 2cents, and I take the inspiration from another thread where I am in (BadmintonCentral). You can check it for reference if you need to. This will be a lot of work to move things here and there, but I think this is a good way to get better forum.

Hope to have better directory in this forum.

7. Eziio

Eziio ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴋɪʟʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ꜱᴏꜰᴛʟʏ
    Tech Team Events Team .

You should post this in the suggestions thread in community news ^^
    This is staff feedback to give advice for how the AKP teams are run

Emileh likes this.
  8. StanleyM

StanleyM Newbie

thanks
    so confusing :sweatr:

Eziio likes this.
  9. pristine

pristine Public Figure

Hongseok's Wife
    you guys should really get more team members overall, so many are inactive and are honestly not very professional.

10. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    I think having more team members could be a good idea, because when some go on hiatus or get a busy schedule then we’ll always have a member stepping in, so there won’t be this empty space of inactivity in each team for weeks on end.

pristine likes this.
  11. Eziio

Tech Team Events Team .

Which teams?
    Some require extra things to be added so I just want to check whether it could be done in the first place before considering anything

pristine likes this.
  12. pristine

pristine Public Figure

Hongseok's Wife
    awards team especially, that job requires a lot of people and only 2 are semi active
    graphics, theres only one member
    and events since a lot of members seem busy w other things

Eziio likes this.
  13. Eziio

Tech Team Events Team .

We’ve somewhat discussed this before and I’ll just sum up their ideas
    For awards : They don’t want any new members,atm Garnet is doing a lot of work for badges and soon to be rejoined by belgi so they don’t think it is necessary.

For graphics: There aren’t many requests for graphics to do anything so our graphics member deems it unnecessary as they barely have anything to do themselves.

For events: They seem to be fine with new members,tho there’s 4 members and I’m not sure where two are or what they’re doing but it does come to the worries that they’ll be a really big team as they’re already the biggest team aside from mods.

But tech wise,they’re all teams I can add people to so if I get the go-ahead it should be fine.

pristine likes this.
  14. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    it shouldn’t be about want we want but what we need. I see awards team talking about how much they need to get done, wouldn’t it be wiser to add someone that can help?

Yes, mod team is the biggest yet at many points there will be like 1-2 active mods, that’s why we kind of rely on active people or people that can take over for a bit when others go on hiatus.

I’ve talked to my team members and they’ll start being more active, we need more members because after July I’m quitting so the numbers for events will stay pre much the same

Eziio likes this.
  15. Eziio

Tech Team Events Team .

Well,you should talk to them about that - they know what the process is and whether any extra hands are needed.

Mods will likely be getting new additions,especially since one mod is going to be joining the tech team.

That is do-able.

16. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    I did and you saw how that turned out...

17. Eziio

Tech Team Events Team .

And I can’t add team members without the teams permission and knowledge,there’s not much else you’ll be able to do.

18. Garnet

Garnet ♡ Forever¹¹ ♡

It really won't add much to the team if no one else can upload badges. And I already have trusted someone in the staff team to deal with badges once I'll be on holiday so I think we're fine with it and Belgi will return in few days. I don't really find it fair if we were to add an another member who never sent in application in the first place for Awards team. And @Eziio trusts me with her account so I can manage on my own just right. I doubt she would trust just about anyone else that gets added to the team.

I have all badges that need to be uploaded in folders and when I get a chance to upload them all at once, I ask Ezi. She has no issues with it.

And I'm sure users can be patient because if Jin gave us full permission, badges would be uploaded pretty fast. I just don't see point in bothering Ezi with few groups then another few over few days especially considering that she's busy irl and I am sure she also wants her own privacy and not have me bother her all the time, lol. I am grateful enough that Ezi trusts me, just like last week.

Eziio likes this.
  19. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    They can’t stop you do it >:)

20. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    Uploading is one thing, managing them is another. And that’s a lot of work because those who upload have already received the finishing product because of awards team. I’m not really pulling this out of my ass, awards have complained about having a lot of work.

And I’m talking about a general application and not this certain user. We as a team are way too lenient about how often and for how long we let people be on hiatus, I get the sentiment people will be busy and deal with irl issues but that shouldn’t be taken out on others, as assholy it sounds. And even if it’s not people on hiatus it’s noticable that a load of work puts members in pressure and stress, I think if we just scatter our loadwork equally then we won’t be mentally exchausted either.