☆Official AKP Team feedback thread☆

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Super_Junior_15x, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Manoko

Manoko Married to @blossom_girl

Basic Bitch Cult
    Yes that! Audio and such, we didn’t take into consideration that some might not have flash or trouble viewing it. I also didn’t take into consideration that some might be playing on phone, so I did feel bad and I can see how it’s unfair to those playing.

I think next time, as well as doing trials, we also need to list requirements. To be able to play you’ll need this and that etc.

Thank you for your feedback :)

2. Adu

Adu Ace Of Hearts

We had multiple people already suggest anon stuff about the staff/team but we always decide to decline since it's just a free pass to shade and bash anyone without getting consequences. If someone has concerns, complains, feedback and all that stuff we would all appreciate if they could tell us that personally. And if they aren't confident enough let it get passed through a friend or pm one of the staff members and we'll take named above into consideration and discuss it.

BlingingJams, Manoko and Emileh like this.
  3. Emileh

Emileh In Love with Kim Woobin

I felt you were very aware of problems too. You admitted throughout the game when there were problems, you admitted countless times the game started as a mess, and you took responsibility. You also appropriately made a cut off line after showing a little leniency and you appropriately told users that hey, you liked the post they were tagged in to show they understood and agreed to play the game. They had time to ask you guys about the timezone or anything related to the game.

My last feedback is to try and not be hard on yourselves. Being in charge of events like these and trying to take feedback and criticism can sometimes risk a burn out. You and many are biting the bullet to help add to the future of this forum and make it into something greater. So, thank you and the rest of the events team for that. I am excited for the next event you guys will host.

BlingingJams and Manoko like this.
  4. Emileh

Emileh In Love with Kim Woobin

I had similar thoughts too, which is also why I thought that some of those people may be complaining to simply complain. Thank you for your response. It's always great to see you, Daduda. <3

BlingingJams and Manoko like this.
  5. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    Your feedback has put a lot into perspective so I appreciate that.

Thank you for joining the events and I hope you’ll be joining the next one (just don’t spam me with cows)

GukkieBun and Emileh like this.
  6. LanaWhatever

LanaWhatever Diphylleia Grayi 산하엽

Critism and feedback is neccessary and desirable but I wish some people wouldn't be so harsh w the event team. It was their first time too, and ofc not everything is going to be perfect. Leaving tips on how to improve the next game is good, but you shouldn't come to this thread to blindly complain about how much you dislike the whole idea of it. If you don't like what the event team is doing then don't participate or ignore it completely, it's that easy. Also, talking about it on discord will not do anything to improve the situation.

#86 LanaWhatever, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  7. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

Being Multi-fandom
    I don’t get the point of an Events TEAM if the team isn’t going to work together. I wasn’t a part of the event, actually I was someone who had to drop out last second due to unexpected family issues but even the sign up seemed a little disorganized and I too also witnessed some who didn’t quite like how messy the event itself seemed. But since we’re counting that as blindly believing I guess that doesn’t matter anyways.

Maybe in the future it would be best for all event members to participate to make it cleaner and run smoother.

Melolune and Lovely_Cornchips like this.
  8. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    pleasehelpme had no WiFi but did his best to help, he also helped me do countings and such, and creating lists.

Lani wasn’t really seen, I talked about the events for weeks in the chat but seeing how I got little to no input from her I assume she was busy with school. And I respect that nor do I expect everyone in events to help me at all given time. It doesn’t mean we’re less of a team.

However accusing that events team didn’t help each other out is out of nowhere and you need to back your statement up or else I’ll have to disregard it as I can’t do much with assumptions here.

GukkieBun likes this.
  9. BlingingJams

BlingingJams Leader

Honestly this is a great question
    To be honest I expected the game to be a total mess with me dropping out halfway, but I honestly haven't had this much fun on AKP like EVER?! Y'all took time out of your lives to put together puzzles and riddles so that my flop a*s could enjoy being carried by my partner for literally the entire game I'm.... I genuinely appreciate the amount of effort you guys put in <3 My adrenaline receptors were legit short circuiting I'm...

BUT I DO HAVE A COMPLAINT:
    I COMPLAINED ABOUT THE BIAS!!!! THERE WERE NO NCT 127 B SIDES :O I BLAME KOKO FOR IT THO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

10. Ineul_Ze

Ineul_Ze Star

Being Multi-fandom
    I didn’t say that the events team didn’t help each other out so I have no need to back any statement up. I just said, maybe the events should include all members from now on to help run a smoother track.

Lovely_Cornchips likes this.
  11. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    Further adding, just to give you a clear picture on how impossible it is to gather all event members at once.

Blossom is from Asia, I’m from Europe, Pleasehelpme is Australian and Lani is American. You put the time zones together.

blossom_girl likes this.
  12. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    I cant include someone who doesn’t want to be included or doesn’t initiate anything to be included. I’m getting the feeling you’re talking on behalf of someone else, correct me if I’m wrong tho. If someone has an issue they’re free to dm me.

blossom_girl likes this.
  13. Melolune

Melolune Married to: @Satsuki75

✧ Light ✧
    Hey you guys probably have a headache now because of the event. Sorry about that, but...

I can't say much about the entire event as a whole since I was only there for the first three parts of the event.

But as you guys are already aware of, the beginning of the game was messy as hell. I've looked through the thread, so I've seen what you guys have decided to do about it already. My main problem with the timing is that one of you explicitly said in the sign ups thread that there would be a poll for the best time later. However, I do think previous suggestions including your own could work better, so this isn't a huge issue.

Another issue with the drop outs was that you were still letting people look for partners while the game went on. This spammed up the thread a bit and made it harder to follow the game. It also put the people that partnered up a bit later at a disadvantage. For me, I think someone had already won the first part of the event before my partner and I got settled. It's nice that you were being lenient to everyone (myself included), but I think next time you should just close partnering up once the game has begun.

Finally, the events that I were a part of all had their issues. As people have already stated during the event, the first one was, for lack of a better word, biased. New users, slightly inactive people, or people who don't know the user would have and did have a hard time figuring out who the person was. Furthermore, this is only my personal experience, but I haven't seen the svtsbreadandbutters on this site much and have only had one small conversation with her and that was through the discord chat when I first joined and asked for my role and color. There is no way I would've known those things about her. Imo, if you want your events to be inclusive and more available to everyone on this site, try not to include questions that only older users would know.

The flaw in the second and third parts was that they were simply unclear (less so in the third one). During the event, many people asked questions pertaining to the parts. For example in the second one, many people thought that we were supposed to submit one form per person, while the team intended it to be one per team.
    For the third part, people were asking if we were supposed to respond in pms or in the thread.

Anyway good luck with your next event and please don't take this the wrong way.

Also this ^
    Someone literally told us that you said there was nothing the other two could do. You don't really need everyone to come together to let members work individually on parts of the event

Lovely_Cornchips and Ineul_Ze like this.
  14. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    I wouldn’t call it biased, it was honestly a rookie mistake. While making the tasks I didn’t think through them throughout, I’ve had some small events or games before but I’ve always have had the benefit of having my friends join. I for some reason imagined it would be the same, and did overlook that there would be users that werent as familiar with the community here.

However that was also noted as I was giving out the tasks so I am well aware.

You can either specify who that person is or they can, like I said, dm me. I’ve tried my best to include everyone but easier said than done. I did say we only need two members but that’s because I assumed we wouldn’t need more, I was wrong. However, there’s not much I could do while playing the game.

GukkieBun likes this.
  15. Melolune

Melolune Married to: @Satsuki75

✧ Light ✧
    Alright, despite all I've said, I think you guys did a decent job for the first event. Hopefully, future ones improve.

As for the person, I will not be revealing who they are unless they want to themselves. Take that however you want to.
    Additionally, they have informed me that you've already discussed it privately and that there's not much else to do.

Anyway thanks for your reply.

Manoko likes this.
  16. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    I know who that person is, and encourage them to come to me personally next time instead.

Thank you for taking your time to give a feedback

GukkieBun likes this.
  17. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    Okay but why am I the spokesperson for events? Y’all can literally throw events whenever you want it’s not like I’m stopping anyone or controlling you guys :<

@blossom_girl @pleasehelpme @LAYNICORNINFIRES

aqor and blossom_girl like this.
  18. Super_Junior_15x

Super_Junior_15x ♡ Justice ♡
    . Head Moderator

I would like to give a general head up, and maybe just mention the same point as @Venomous have mentioned previously, since many seem to be in use of the argument that you have seen people be like this or like that - but there unfortunately isn't much of constructive criticism in what people say in what seems to be a more or less larger discord chat.

We would like you all to speak for yourself; what did YOU see - not what you have heard; because we here are giving everyone a chance to be heard; in order to hear what you experience, and not what others experienced.
    It is more or less easy to assume things, but when you're going into a dialog with a member from the team you directed your feedback at, then it might sheed light at different ways of looking at it - and therefore you need to be talking for yourself, from your own perspective. If some aren't happy with talking in an open forum, then the team members are usually open as for PMs. It is much easier to argue when you know what wen down and how you came to the point you are going to argue for - which you can't if it isn't even your own argument.

Also, for further notice, please take a fast look through the thread, if your question has been asked several times, maybe reading the already given answers is a bit easier. As for the reason why we have an event team; whole page 1-3 basically speak about that with several points as for why it was needed and given explanations with the addition of a comparison to another team.
    Please, when you give us your feedback, it would be nice if you don't try to have an 'underlying' message; since we aren't here to guess. Make your feed back clear and make sure you're speaking from your own point of view; what you have experienced - since we don't have anyone thread banned nor said that specific people can't comment, then it shouldn't be a problem to ask everyone to mainly speak for themselves.
    Remember, we are just hear to see what might be better to improve so we all in the end can have a great experience ^^

19. blossom_girl

blossom_girl Married to @Manoko

More importantly why is this turning into an events grill thread? :<

It was our first event,it wasn't perfect but we learned a lot from it. Some issues are inevitable no matter what but still next one will go better and people who had fun and don't believe stuff they read on disc will join~

Support us juiceayo! <3

20. lighterxx

lighterxx Married to : @twentyonejongdae

In future, how about event team uses kst? Most people know it and there is centainly no similar timezones to it

aqor, GukkieBun and Manoko like this.