☆Official AKP Team feedback thread☆

Discussion in 'Community News' started by Super_Junior_15x, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Ling

Ling The other 91%

Currency:
    Ah I get it. And I was actually talking about the time instead of date :sweatr: I remember one of the team members saying that 6 PM CEST could change to another time by doing a vote, but oh well just drop that it was probably only me minding it.
    I know you guys are all doing it in your free time, volunteering for it and despite a little chaotic start you still did great entertaining a lot. I appreciate all your effort and the effort of your teammates and I hope you guys can continue improving and making fun and nice events!

Emileh, blossom_girl and Manoko like this.
  2. Manoko

Manoko Married to @blossom_girl

Currency:
    Basic Bitch Cult
    For people posting on this thread make sure your feedbacks are from you and not what you’ve been told by others, as we need to discuss such things personally with the people that have an issue with how the teams function. That way we can get to the bottom of an issue instead of doing the whole he said she said game.

3. blossom_girl

blossom_girl Married to @Manoko

Currency:
    Those who enjoyed it are welcomed to participate in more and those who didn't,can gladly not.

You don't have to speak for anyone cause the "oh I heard it was a mess" kind of feedback isn't really helpful. Thank you~ ^^

#63 blossom_girl, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  4. Manoko

Currency:
    Basic Bitch Cult
    Oh the time, that was also miscommunication between events team. We confused CEST and CET big time, I apologize. Seeing how the game lasted 6 hours we couldn’t afford starting it any later than 6, or else people would be playing until 6am their time (which they did unfortunately).

Thank you for kindly letting us know where we flawed, it’s appreciated. Hopefully next event time and date won’t be as confusing! ^^

Emileh and Ling like this.
  5. Yseki

Yseki Diesel

Currency:
    Keeping The Faith
    Thank you for your time, hopefully it will help you in the future.

6. Venomous

Venomous Idol

Currency:
    Artist
    Also in the future, "I heard on Discord" really isn't a valid source. If people don't bring their feedback to the team, i.e. in a team thread or PM, how the heck is anyone on that team supposed to know that people were unhappy/had complaints? You can't improve on something if no one has told you what that something is.

7. LAYNICORNINFIRES

LAYNICORNINFIRES Akp’s Meme Queen™

Currency:
    uwuing into oblivion
    imma just throw it out there- they're not lying, there actually are people complaining about the event on discord.

Ineul_Ze, Lovely_Cornchips and Yseki like this.
  8. Manoko

Currency:
    Basic Bitch Cult
    As far as I’m concerned “they” are people with no names to me therefor their concern is none of my business. Unless they want to step up and directly tell me what the issue may be I wont waste my breath.

blossom_girl likes this.
  9. LAYNICORNINFIRES

LAYNICORNINFIRES Akp’s Meme Queen™

Currency:
    uwuing into oblivion
    I've been told that the main issue is that it's a set time and not a slot of time, making it hard for them to participate

10. Manoko

Currency:
    Basic Bitch Cult
    I mean it’s kinda given that not every date/time will suit ones schedule. We can’t really cater to everyone’s needs, I can only host events when im available. Some events will have set time because that’s how certain games are set up, you can’t exactly play mafia in a span of two weeks either.

It’s kind of like nitpicking at this point

11. Kyulkyung

Kyulkyung Celebrity

Currency:
    Can you edit your post and add me because I want to be part of the awards team and I make great badges also LOL XD?

surprise_bitch likes this.
  12. Venomous

Venomous Idol

Currency:
    Artist
    That's fine, never said they were lying, just saying teams can't really know if they are or not if no one complains directly to them. If you haven't gotten the complaints personally, how are you supposed to know they exist?

13. Yseki

Yseki Diesel

Currency:
    Keeping The Faith
    I guess people don't see the point since it gets blown off anyways.

Lovely_Cornchips likes this.
  14. ExoticPride

ExoticPride ❂Snake Lord❂

Currency:
    ♛ʀᴏʏᴀʟᴛʏ sᴛᴀɴ ♛
    NO, i haven’t even seen your badges

surprise_bitch and Kyulkyung like this.
  15. Super_Junior_15x

Super_Junior_15x ♡ Justice ♡
    . Head Moderator

Currency:
    I got an idea
    Why not tell them to write to one of the event team members and confront them about what didn't work;
    Let them talk it through with each other - so the event team can see their point and it would be easier to explain since they were part of it.
    I'm sure they are open ti listen to them if they come to them; criticism works better if the involved parts get it directly from the source ^^

- It is all about improving and seeing different point of views instead of just talking about it other places.

BlingingJams and Yseki like this.
  16. Yseki

Yseki Diesel

Currency:
    Keeping The Faith
    Yeah, sounds good.

17. Lovely_Cornchips

Currency:
    Being really far up Chanyeol's Ass
    Thank you layni omfg

Ineul_Ze, Yseki and LAYNICORNINFIRES like this.
  18. Emileh

Emileh In Love with Kim Woobin

Currency:
    My Feedback:
    • The major problem I encountered on my end was just mistaking CEST for CST because I never knew there was a CEST. I didn't even know there is a CET. Timezones are tricky. I had that day available, therefore I didn't end up missing out and got lucky to see the game start when it did. I agreed with Manoko that the timezone is on me and I know for future reference.

• When you gave a time interval and said a picture or audio would be posted at :05, :15, :55 - I found they were often posted before that time. I would suggest trying for better time accuracy and I would suggest instead of having people quote/reply with the answer that they submit it in a google form with their username. The form submissions are in order to when they were submitted according to the time.

• This is more in correlation to other suggestions. As someone that has tried to do a mafia game over a long period of time to be flexible and give time to vote, people still had issues. You can't really help people that can't help themselves or say they understand when they clearly don't. Also, for whatever reason, people don't come out to admit when they don't understand, are lost, don't know what they are doing, etc. Everyone wants you guys to read their minds, which is frustrating.

• Maybe create an anon feedback? I don't know why people go to complain on discord, but not share their thoughts here. You can still say you like something, but have problems. These events are going to be a reflection of not just what the event team puts into it, but also what the users contribute because they are the ones playing.

• I'd say if you know an event may be audio heavy, then maybe think of a way mobile users can have access. I liked the creativity of it. I won't say it is a fault though because those users chose to use their phones. People that only have phones and slow internet connections? That's out of your guys hands and you can only do so much to try to accommodate.

• Try to be more thorough or detailed with your game events. People didn't know whether to pm or reply to the thread when voting and answering questions. People weren't seeing when Blossom explained to pm or to just reply. Another example is when we were told to pm you a couple. Did we each as a couple put our vote? Did only one of us have to say who we are voting for? I didn't even know or think I would need a platform to be able to discuss matters with my partner. My poor partner was lost throughout the whole game. I connected dots rather easily, so I was able to help my partner try to understand better. :b

• Try to get another person to help either mod the thread or be there in case anything happens. It can't be helped with people that are impatient. I still think Blossom did wonderful and I'm thankful Manoko was kind and thoughtful to check in. I think some people are going to complain to complain. No one's perfect. I honestly think you guys handled the first event well and better than what others could. It's easier to criticize when you're not behind the curtain running the show.

19. GukkieBun

GukkieBun GukLORYous ♡

Currency:
    Being soft
    I think Events Team is a great idea. The idea of having awards for games has always been something that would make a great improvement to the forums and forum games in specific, it gives people more motivation to actually play the games rather than just popping into the games thread, replying to like 5 threads that u thought were fun and then never going back in there again for like the next 4 months or so (or at least that's how i've been operating in there lmao). The only issue that would have been present with the awards would be that if every other game had an award then it would get really unorganised with requests to Awards Team left and right as well as the fact that if there were so many awards then that would just lower the value of special event awards in general but both of these issues are tackled straight away with only Events Team's events having awards.

Another thing that was lacking in the forums before the Events Team was large scale games. Of course there was the Mafia game but as far as I know that's the only large scale game on the forums before the Events Team made their debut with Partners in Crime. The issue with large scale games is that no matter how fun they are, it also requires a lot of resources (mainly time) to plan so not many people can actually take up the challenge or pull a team together to help them but having an Events Team means that the team is already there and so large scale events are much easier to organise.

As for Partners in Crime, I didn't participate however I did watch the whole thing from start to finish (I was gonna do other stuff but seeing Gigi freaking out was too good to miss) and it started off a bit messy but that was due to people dropping out and joining the game last minute and many people who signed up and said that the date was good for them didn't end up showing up meaning that partners had to be swapped out and rearranged over and over again which of course caused delays and confusion. Any other issues that occurred were all pretty much unforseen as this was only the first event from Events Team therefore they had no prior experience on planning forum events and had no way to predict what might go wrong so considering everything, I think @Manoko and @blossom_girl handled everything very well and any issues that did come up were handled quickly enough that it didn't impact the game.

I think for future events it might be a good idea to make like a trial thread where you can test all the resources you're using that are outside akp like that thing you used for the audio clips in Partners in Crime so you can check whether you need to start running flash before you can listen to the clip or that it works just as well on mobile etc. Pretty much just trial run everything so that nothing catches you or anyone else out during the actual event (trust me, in my Travel & Tourism course we've had to organise and play out events with the class as if we were Kid's representatives at a holiday resort and it's always the things that you go "oh that'll be fine" that catch you out during the actual event)

20. Manoko

Currency:
    Basic Bitch Cult
    Hi,

First of all, thank you for a well written feed back. I find myself agreeing with a lot of your points, and you’ve brought into some attention to details that I hadn’t thought about before.

I agree that we could’ve been more clear and keep a better communication with the participants. The event was flawed for sure, and I know where it went wrong and where it went good, so I’m aware of both sides.

I’ll also remember to relay messages better, I do agree that we may need a person to monitor the events because at many times we found ourselves clogged with 20 DMs at once, and bunch of tags in the game thread.

As for the xx:50 etc, I did notice that bloss’ clock is like a minute or seconds too early, either that or the pressure on when to post got too great. Some users were asking to shorten the intervals however, by doing so we’d have a lot shorter space between the times we did countings of votes etc.

I’ll show this to my events members, your points are very solid! Thank you :)

BlingingJams, Emileh and GukkieBun like this.