NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

Official 2020 digital thread

Discussion in 'Achievements' started by Juanlag, Feb 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MassiveKpopFan

MassiveKpopFan Married to @njsjyghsjmthjk

Currency:
    Student
  2. MassiveKpopFan

Currency:
    Student
    Copied from another thread:

I just don't think the GP likes this chill style from BTS.

ON had more longevity than this and it was dropped during the height of the pandemic there.

iwin and lonelywhalien like this.
  3. shiki01

shiki01 Super Rookie

Currency:
    I still can't get over how LGO is underperforming. GP taste is so random.

iwin and BlackpinkHouse like this.
  4. MassiveKpopFan

Currency:
    Student
    If anything, this makes ON look like more of a hit than it already is.

kiwijoon, KiKi234, iwin and 4 others like this.
  5. lonelywhalien

lonelywhalien Celebrity

Currency:
    Professional ARMY
    15 SONGS WHAT???

what songs are those?

MassiveKpopFan, KiKi234, iwin and 2 others like this.
  6. myaza

myaza Elite

Currency:
    Break The System
    All 8 BE songs + Dynamite BE version (Dynamite has 2 versions charting)
    Spring Day
    BWL
    ON
    Black Swan
    Zero o'clock
    Friends

7. z1

z1 Celebrity

Currency:
    Student
    These award show thing is fking funny in the main forum and on twitter. When are new blinks ever gonna learn that Bp will never win awards. All bunch of clowns with their behaviour, as if the award show cares if some fandom decides to trend injustice on twitter

mr1962 and iwin like this.
  8. stan12345

stan12345 Idol

Currency:
    I've only ever heard of APAN for kdrama awards, had no idea they even did anything for kpop. Saying that, I'm more confused about what BP missing out has to do with Twice. The main forum here and twitter are literal cesspools.

Was there a quota on the number of girl groups? Was it purely voting?

Anyhow, these SMTM songs are really doing the business eh.

Baek Yerin I feel will be the next interesting release from a chart perspective (and Taeyeon though she can be a bit hit and miss in general)

I've always loved the classic female feature for the chorus on a hip-hop track. Song gives me early 2000's vibes

9. z1

z1 Celebrity

Currency:
    Student
    Pretty sure its ingrained on some dumbass kpop fans rn is- the opposite fandom are rivals, we need to fight and win them. So some of them just look at the list and be like, oh why is my rival group there and not me. What a joke. Classic honestly, the biggest reason why kpop fans aren't taken seriously and treated like all of them are little kids

#7289 z1, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    proud-fan and iwin like this.
  10. stan12345

stan12345 Idol

Currency:
    Yeah woke up this morning, saw all these things trending about rigged awards/Twice so was curious to see what it was about and it was just a crock of shit as expected used to drag a group.

You look at the list with the criteria and Twice are pretty much comfortably top 10, with actual outliers clearly on the list.

The lack of logic from kpop fans is astounding sometimes.

iwin and shiki01 like this.
  11. stan12345

stan12345 Idol

Currency:
    Just saw the digital points for the week and Im Chang-jung's seems pretty low.

When We Disco just getting over 300m now when it feels like it was in the top 10 for a long time.

sadsavely and iwin like this.
  12. z1

z1 Celebrity

Currency:
    Student
    Damn the threads are still coming in, y'all are crazy. Anyways, been lurking ard for a long time on here and on twitter, can't say all ONCEs were very nice as well when they were on top. Im pretty sure some shitty users here exist just bc they hold a grudge to some of the ONCE's comments from last time. The amt of fighting from 'Blinks' is crazy now, back then b4 the release of HYLT they were even threads on whether they were top 5 anymore in korea. I still think they were the most downplayed group on akp b4 that, how half a year changes things. But nowadays Blinks are the ones starting shit when they so i guess its just gonna be a cycle in akp forum, pretty fking dumb but i dont think its gonna change with this kind of fans in kpop here

#7292 z1, Nov 26, 2020
    proud-fan, iwin, gerrard174 and 2 others like this.
  13. z1

z1 Celebrity

Currency:
    Student
    ULs have been dropping for the past 3 weeks nonstop for the top songs/ for the entire top 100 maybe except some new rising songs. Covid's effect can still be strong it seems

iwin likes this.
  14. idontsleep

idontsleep Once Cult Leader

Currency:
    I still can't believe how low AKMU's song is right now. #67 on melon and #88 on Flo, i was so sure that they will top the charts but i guess now without TV promo it's going to be hard.

iwin, sadsavely and z1 like this.
  15. z1

z1 Celebrity

Currency:
    Student
    Everything is unpredictable with this new melon chart, maybe its time to start worrying for IU...?:(

iwin, MassiveKpopFan and idontsleep like this.
  16. idontsleep

idontsleep Once Cult Leader

Currency:
    Don't lose your hope :mad: There were so many chart changes and she always was on top and she will always be top! :siptear:

kiwijoon, iwin and z1 like this.
  17. stan12345

stan12345 Idol

Currency:
    As someone that has been following from the start what I'd say is that Twice did not debut to much pomp and were from the start the target of SNSD/SM stans who were the biggest GG fandom at the time. Then when Cheer Up blew up they pretty much became the punching bag for every major GG and BG, including ones in their own label (and ones that hadn't had their debut).

Even before BP started officially there were already issues between both Twice and BP fans, who at their debut had a online following as big, if not bigger than Twice. It was toxic from start regardless of who was on top and there was never really a time Twice dominated the online conversation. BP had their debut not one year after with a big following, whilst Twice were still building theirs (and mostly in SK/Japan), you'd also see that through sites such as reddit who had SNSD/RV as the most popular GG on there until like 2019 I think.

Relative to their dominance in physicals/digitals the Twice fandom online never really matched up to it as a lot of it was in SK/Japan, so it was never as one-sided as it is now. Every action had at least an equal reaction.

Anyhow at the risk of making it a competition for who gets downplayed more though I'll leave it there - both sides now just have some incredibly insecure fans.

lonelywhalien likes this.
  18. z1

z1 Celebrity

Currency:
    Student
    Yea, downplay/lack of attention compared to some other groups on social media and other groups is what i would say for twice. Started listening more to kpop in 2018, but I never knew their achievements until i started reading comments on akp. Thats why I said that the big downplay for Bp is only on akp, not really anywhere else really( akp views korean achievements and sales as more imp than the rest) bc of how much news coverage they get and the majority of the world looking at views as the definition of how big a song is. I think TWICE have gained alittle bit more fans internationally since then. Else if ur a casual listener, or just a kpop fan who dont follow achievements, u wouldn't know how big TWICE actually is tbh.

I just think what people here dont realise nowadays is that the casual listeners for kpop is way more than kpop fans in general bc everyone here seem to think that it is such a niche genre. But in truth the amount of ppl a song impacts globally will always be more than that in korea/jpn combined which were predominately the biggest kpop markets. Which is why i fight for Bp's international achievements/ the importance of international achievements in general here. However, in general, Twice is still less appreciated bc they have less global attention so less ppl in the world knows what they've done

#7298 z1, Nov 26, 2020
  19. stan12345

stan12345 Idol

Currency:
    I was Onehallyu before and AKP was generally derided as even worse than that place so I didn't visit this place much admittedly.

Kpop does have more casual listeners than ever but I think why it doesn't get as much weight yet is because it's still an unknown to an extent. BTS have an actual massive fandom out west that can sell out stadiums so are different gravy, but in general casual listeners can leave you as quickly as they join you and you're a small fish in a big pond. SK, Japan, China and SEA are all tried and tested kpop markets where groups have thrived for years and shown great longevity. A majority of the metrics people brag about (physicals, digitals and touring) stem from these countries as well.

i.e. Loona. Chart on the Billboard 200, get no.1's on itunes in the US and whatnot but what future is there in the US/west for them exactly? They need to hope their achievements out west can give them a break in SK somehow. Now with SMNGG out already and YGNGG/BHNGG around the corner (I think) does that even leave space for them? StayC have made more noise in SK in a month than Loona have in years it feels like. Kard could never make it SK/Japan but were liked internationally, so had to spend most of their time touring small venues around the world to turn profits.

I also do find it weird how I view stats from my own country (the UK) and not sure if it's the same from where you're from. People will throw out a certain achievement and it just won't resonate as being an important/impressive stat to me. I don't even know what's in the top 5 in the UK yet alone top 20/30/40.

ronnietp likes this.
  20. z1

z1 Celebrity

Currency:
    Student
    It is not easy to determine this kind of things. But then again, we are just not used to tracking international achievements and their weightages. US/West have still not felt the impact of Kpop from us bc there isn't a large amt of groups doing well there but its market size compared to Korea is no competition. Bp might not feel that big in the US but they're filtered streams is still more than what ULs they achieved in korea. That is just because there is more ppl in the other countries so despite the fact that we dont think there is alot of impact in a certain area, there can still be more people listening in to kpop than that in korea. We don't even need to talk abt other countries that they are actually strong in, Asia, Latin America, China with what 5M+ downloads and no spotify? In total, HYLT alone achieved more than 250M+ filtered streams even tho spotify is viewed more as a western platform. Apple music not factored in, chinese platform, yt music not factored in bc ppl seem to think yt is useless even tho there is literally a yt chart. Those amount of ppl and streams is way more than that of anything anyone can achieve in korea digitally. Its not even a competition really. Ppl in akp are used to tracking korea achievements, but to me, comparing to international ones, korea digitals will seem like only a small percentage, showing a small percentage of the people listening to kpop.

Another problem is that ppl keep viewing global as in only the US/ West. SEA, Japan,China are all global, their charting and streams, downloads there are still way btr than in SK. HYLT, Sour Candy, LSG, KTL spent more weeks at #1 in SEA countries than in SK, and that is from pulling in more streams than SK.

With the current 4th gen idol groups not gaining much traction in SK, I think in the future we might be tracking global stats more than SK ones if they keep this up. StayC, Aespa all didnt make any kind of splash in SK as well. But seem to do decently internationally already (For Aespa at least).

#7300 z1, Nov 26, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.