Non-Korean TV series you wish would get a Korean remake

Discussion in 'K-Movies & TV' started by BlackAndRed, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Redan

Redan Celebrity

Currency:
    Lazy student
    The Sopranos

Korea needs a high quality Mafia-Drama. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LovelySerenity and StCatMouse like this.
  2. s4eguk4nne

s4eguk4nne Rookie

Currency:
    It'd be interesting if they remake sherlock holmes and the office

:yesr:

3. jeonginsnose

jeonginsnose Super Rookie

Currency:
    Hoshi's personal cheek squisher
    The Office

LovelySerenity likes this.
  4. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Idol

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    - The Office / The IT Crowd
    - The Thick of It
    - Hannibal and Dexter - Just to see how far they can push the envelope as far Korean censors are concerned
    - Prison Break
    - Les Revenants / The 4400
    - Pushing Daisies - There's something inherently sweet and endearing with this underrated show that I think will work in a Korean setting.
    - Psych
    - Broadchurch
    - Awake - Highly underrated and tragically canceled before its time. It's a sci-fi (maybe), police procedural.
    - The Lost Room - I've yet to see a Korean TV series in the New Weird genre. It also has SCP vibe going for it.

jeonginsnose likes this.
  5. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Currency:
    Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    IDK there was a German show many many many years ago

This show was build up like this: A woman who was a secretary of a guy who owned a company someday became a crush on him and begun to imagine how it is if she was his girlfriend. She thought of it but was like "Never! He is good looking and rich and I'm just ugly and a cheap secretary!" Time passed and the woman and her boss begun to agree she sould use her skills in her job as secretary for a bigger job, so she got to work in the executife floors as one of the big people with her very own office. Cause she and her boss than started to work together she got a bit confused cause she had feelings for him, but she knew he had a girlfriend. A while later he broke up to his girlfriend cause she was allways to harsh to him and he could not handle it anymore. After he found out the woman, who used to be his secretary before she got the bigger job was dating his deputy, cause he tricked her somehow to go on dates with her even tho she still had feelings for her boss, he oneday begun to feel weird about it cause she was allways looking so weird around her boyfriend and especially at the day as they wanted to marry, so the boss of that company crashed the wedding to steal the bride and marry her. A story of the ugly duckling becoming a pretty swan somehow lol.

This used to be like 2 seasons

In the 3rd season. The father of the woman from the first 2 seasons got surpised that his ex. girlfriend from like 30 years ago had a son with him together. The son he had now came up at his door and went like "hey you are my father!". His wife was mad but knew it was way before they both became a couple so she accepted it. The dude who was now the son of this man than wanted to stay in the same town to have time to talk to his dad about all the years he never seen the father he had and so he tried to find a job cause he wanted to stay in this city forever and oneday he met the sister of the husband of his half sister, she made it that he who is a shoemaker than begun to work in the company of her family in designing shoes, but it got all messed up since he got not credited for his work, got used by the woman while he was in love to another one who was so mad about it that he had was tricked by that rich woman and whats not.

I guess the show had in total 3 or 4 seasons and aired I belive 2005-2008 or someting

I know that from the first 2 seasons exist a remake as an American movie ^^

6. shybn

shybn ~Shy Bean~

Currency:
  7. shybn

shybn ~Shy Bean~

Currency:
  8. edgelord

edgelord Rookie

Currency:
    Skam, im not really into the original series but imagine south korean conservative lose their minds over feminist, lgbt and muslim teenagers centered webseries lmao and i wonder how things are going to work out in asian culture but then i remember a-teen acting or basically korean drama acting in general and i lost my interest lol

9. shybn

shybn ~Shy Bean~

Currency:
    I think I’ll go with True Beauty ♥️

[​IMG]

#69 shybn, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    Orchidtea likes this.
  10. shybn

shybn ~Shy Bean~

Currency:
    Gossip Girls?
    Pretty Little Liars? :)

LovelySerenity and gyla like this.
  11. dru

dru Newbie

Currency:
    American horror story and skins

12. Orchidtea

Orchidtea Newbie

Currency:
    House of Anubis (even though it's a remake of another remake)

13. a-bigboy

a-bigboy Celebrity

Currency:
    I will love to see a remake of the German tv show called Dark is made by Netflix about a family saga with a supernatural twist, set in a German town, where the disappearance of two young children exposes the relationships among four families.

14. daejewel21

daejewel21 Trainee

Currency:
    something like GLOW ...

15. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Idol

Currency:
    Procrastinator
  16. namk101

namk101 Newbie

Currency:
    YGs Prosecutor
    Revenge-
    A young woman named Emily Thorne (Emily VanCamp) comes to the Hamptons and rents a beach house next door to the mansion of a wealthy family, the Graysons. Emily is actually Amanda Clarke, whose father was framed by the Graysons for treason when she was a little girl, and the beach house is her childhood home. After a lengthy trial, he was imprisoned for life and was murdered in prison by associates of the people who framed him. Meanwhile, Amanda was separated from him and spent most of her time in a juvenile correctional facility, only to find out her father was killed six weeks before she was released on her 18th birthday. She now returns to the Hamptons as an adult to get revenge on those who wronged her father and her. Her primary target is Victoria Grayson (Madeleine Stowe), matriarch of the Grayson family, who loved and betrayed Amanda's father. The show focuses on Emily's plot to destroy every individual who played a role in her father's imprisonment. Along the way, she discovers various facts about her father's past which changes her plans many times. As the series progresses, Emily brings in other individuals as allies for her plan.

As Emily executes the stages of her elaborate plan, she finds remaining emotionally detached to be difficult. She struggles to identify her true motivations and examines how her actions change her sense of identity. As she enlists trusted friends into her schemes, she worries how their involvement will change their lives and how she will proceed after she exacts her revenge on those who wronged her father and her.

vickyg51 likes this.
  17. RyenLux

RyenLux Newbie

Currency:
    Killing Eve

[​IMG]

18. vickyg51

vickyg51 Trainee

Currency:
    Koreans love their revenge dramas and they also do them well so I can absolutely see this happening.

I love me some rom coms, my best friends wedding, while you were sleeping, especially The Proposal!!!!

19. namk101

namk101 Newbie

Currency:
    YGs Prosecutor
    Ooh yeah if its done properly any of BBC dramas will do so well

20. ehorton

ehorton Leader

Currency:
    okay hear me out, but a korean version of Gossip Girl would be everything. I already love when kdramas include rich chaebol characters, so having a story about rich teenagers and their drama filled lives would be so entertaining. If anyone has watched the Great Seducer, imagine a drama based on just the 3 main friends and their crazy lives. thanks for listening to my psa. Now someone please make this happen, thank you.

LovelySerenity and queenslime like this.