Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Nilo is no match to the Sly Fox

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by WhyKnock, Apr 16, 2018.

1. WhyKnock

WhyKnock Super Rookie

Nilo's fake supporters (nobody heard about him until last week so any 'supporters' are just stans of other acts wanting to denigrate rival fandoms) try to 'help' him, but because he and his friends are so intoxicated by their fake success, they do not try to turn their faux hit into something bigger.

The Sly Fox of Kpop was not like that; when Good Day became big, her backers (at that time Cho Youngchul mostly decided what to do about her) decided to release "The Story only I didn't know", which is the darkest song to top the digitals in the 2010s.

That song was a super-hit for a balad (and even Lee Jieun herself is not doing anything like that since - maybe "A lost puppy", a song written when she was a nobody and will not be written again now she is the Kingpin of KPop, and "Rapids", which I mentioned before and is a 1972 song on words by a poet who died in 1934, would qualify).

IU was able to divide and conquer fandoms - because she was a soloist with no bandmates, it was easy for rival fandoms to back her when their faves were not in town, to check the major acts of the day.

On her decisive battle against SNSD in December 2011, she was backed by virtually all non-SM fandoms as the last hope to defeat SNSD,

IU's skill of not being offensive to other fandoms, even to Latte (Laboum's fandom), was legendary and she was able to get support from other fandoms whenever she was in t own. The only fandom she has antagonized forever is the ELF, for reasons I don't have to explain again.

So, whenever she gets in trouble, she could find enough allies in the fanwars to continue fighting for another day.

Nilo and his friends do not seem to care too much about fandoms or gaining allies, but I heard that Jandukchul, despite of their great 'hit', was not invited to any kind of events , and their exposure was limited to appearances at the Yooheyeol show and Sugarman. Since digitals don't make too much money and they make most of their money from events, their 'hit' was not as profitable as they hoped for.

Given that Nilo's song is mediocre (it is just a run-of-mill K-ballad anyone can sing), and he has gained so many enemies and only faux fans willing to 'defend' him, it is doubtful whether he will get his huge payday, when his friends Jangdukchul has failed to do so and their song is at least a bit legitimitzed by its popularity at karaoke.

MOEBIUS likes this.
  2. Human_from_Earth

if anyone can sing Nilo's song then I bet even a toddler can sing idols songs lol...

SophiaS likes this.
  3. purnhub

purnhub Artist

purn star
    Nilo's "supporters" are obviously twice anti. Just dont mind them

MOEBIUS and WhyKnock like this.
  4. WhyKnock

WhyKnock Super Rookie

Yes. I don't like such attitude since people like Nilo , Jandukchul and their backers blatantly harm KPop and want to destroy it for their own gain.

MOEBIUS likes this.
  5. WhyKnock

WhyKnock Super Rookie

Yes, there will be some toddlers who will be able to sing that mediocre song.