New Rule: No Promotion of other forums on AKP due to Increased Drama

Discussion in 'Community News' started by kyutiemir22, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yseki

Yseki Diesel

Stanning SF9 & Jaejoong
    You don't want to limit speech too much just because it causes drama. Next will we be eliminating all discussions on BTS because that group has antis that cause drama?

2. raymondchouku

raymondchouku Married to: @ReadMyFanfic2

that was my point, implicitly, but it is a forum and certain things will be censored. I do agree to some censorship on this site, because of the propensity for minors (i.e. 12-17) to sign up. If this were a site that had a minimum age of 18 I wouldn't feel this way. Perhaps I am relying too much of the logical fallacy on the slippery slope. I have other thoughts about this, but I will keep them to myself.

Golden_Wishes and Yseki like this.
  3. Super_Junior_15x

Super_Junior_15x ♡ Justice ♡
    . Head Moderator

As for the first pooint, links to articles and news are not counted within this rule and would therefore not be a violation of the rule ^^
    As for the second point, that we haven't got to discuss unfortunately, however this was more a general direction due to it not being a discussion about the forum but meant with intentions of disregard of work or shade or with promotion of forums where a shade of some sort are to be found, which we can't get a hold on
    However threads posted on AKP are something we do have a hold on and can moderate ^^
    I hope it makes sense, otherwise please ask further ~

4. Yseki

Yseki Diesel

Stanning SF9 & Jaejoong
    I agree, but I mean they have to follow the laws of the jurisdiction they are in (USA). The goal of any moderation team should be to have an environment that promotes openness and free discussion but has enough rules to prevent anarchy. Having some laws and rules creates a more free society than one with too many or one with none at all.

Golden_Wishes likes this.
  5. raymondchouku

raymondchouku Married to: @ReadMyFanfic2

lol. I agree with your argument, but not your premises.

Yseki and Golden_Wishes like this.
  6. ghostlight

ghostlight Married to @lexuswoo

Jimin's Resting Bitch Face
    If you're so against shading why do you keep leaving the posts about kps having a "virus" and deleting any posts that defend it? That doesn't paint a pretty picture for what you claim.

7. Super_Junior_15x

. Head Moderator

If you’re referring to the latest discussion regarding mentioned users, both got the last comment to clarify their stand; one believing it has a virus and the other classifying it as misinformation
    The discussion that got deleted by one of the moderators wasn’t targeted based on what was said; but on who began the discussion with the other
    Both got comments deleted; whether on one or the other part

GukkieBun likes this.
  8. ghostlight

Posts like these are still here throughout this thread. Just makes it seem like you guys want that kind of information to stay.

9. Super_Junior_15x

. Head Moderator

If you read through the thread, there has been different kind of information mentioned in comments
    The one you mentioned and then you also have following comment;
    If we wanted to portray anything in one given light, only certain comments would stay on this thread
    However what users have written has been a response to the rule; whether good or bad has stayed; the only thing that got deleted was the ongoing discussion where it resulted in insults being thrown around and yet both got a last comment to clarify their stand.

GukkieBun likes this.
  10. ghostlight

The only thing I'm talking about are the posts claiming that kps is "infected" and should be "avoided" and so on. Those are the only ones I'm talking about and caring about and everything else being brought up is irrelevant.

Speaking of irrelevant: those posts are very irrelevant to the topic of this thread. They're just randomly throwing out that kps is infected. And it's not, by the way. The site has been scanned thoroughly.

11. ghostlight

If you're going to make a rule, you should stick to it instead of randomly deciding what gets to stay and what doesn't. Rules shouldn't mean you get to turn the other way or pick and choose what gets to stay when it all clearly breaks it.

12. lexuswoo

lexuswoo Married to @ghostlight

Seunghoon's wife
    THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

13. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

#53 ItsMilly43, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  14. Discipline

Discipline Public Figure

Hey @Super_Junior_15x

Can just all posts mentioning KPS and going off topic be deleted? There’s no need for arguments and discussions to break out over this as people who have issues over the website have the possibility and choice to directly address it to us (The Staff) through PMs on here or on the website. So the posts that decided to criticise the site are just here to instigate arguments instead of being helpful or contributive to the matter at hand

15. Manoko

Manoko Married to @blossom_girl

Basic Bitch Cult
    I don’t belong to the moderation team here on akp but I do suggest something which is that if KPS staff want to have a dialogue with AKP mod team then they should have some sort of PM to discuss the ongoing back and forth shade and mentions. I know there are threads on KPS directly addressing and shading AKP, where even the staff themselves have participated, and even posts shading me directly, yet they remain. I think it’s fair that both side make a better effort in telling their forum users to calm down instead of this being a one sided thing.

16. Discipline

Discipline Public Figure

Addressing this matter, it should be no more than two people from both sides taking part in these discussions as the teams are both busy dealing with things on both forums. But that’s just my opinion.

If you’ve seen more things that you believe are shade or breaking rules, then you’re free to DM me and I will handle it appropriately as I have the last time that you reported something. But personally, I haven’t seen anything that has broken rules so I am not sure what you are referencing currently.

I agree that there needs to be more communication on both forums in terms of mentioning other forums as well as monitoring the behaviour on said forums.

Thank you for the suggestion :^)

17. jasque

jasque Married to : @BLACKPINK

If the rule is to avoid drama, it's pointless to allow anti-promotion.

#57 jasque, Nov 28, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  18. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    Sadly the post I reported only got mildly edited instead of deleted, which I personally don’t find appropriate considering the shade still remains.

I personally don’t check KPS so I can’t tell you what’s shade and bash, but I get notified when certain posts or threads are made and I get baffled that it’s allowed to stay. And even staff comment or react to it without removing it. This is not shade or pointing fingers, this is a personal experience and a constructive criticism at how I believe the staff handle certain issues over there. I don’t want to go into details because I’m sure I’ll poke something I’m not supposed to, but if the moderators from both side decide to have a closed dialogue then I can share some of my points with the moderators and they can relay the message to you.

Perhaps KPS staff can nominate two staff members to DM the mods here and you guys can come up with an agreement instead of everyone swarming into this thread with pretty much the same message despite the issue have already being answered previously. That comes off as rather accusatory and it’s very repitivite to answer. If staff from both sides can’t keep feuds between themselves to happen and discuss something in proper manners then it really can’t be expected from the users either.

19. Discipline

Discipline Public Figure

It was edited to remove the parts that you specifically pointed out that you were upset with (As well other parts that violated forum rules). I even discussed with the user that those things should not be posted. If you wish to discuss this further, DM me on discord, there’s no reason to discuss a KPS subject on this thread.

There doesn’t need to be a relayed message like that if you can directly address these issues to me or other staff which decreases chances of miscommunication. Again, I appreciate the criticism and we’ll take it into consideration, so thank you. If you’re being notified by a person specifically, could you tell them to also report these posts so that we can deal with them directly? That would help with clearing out the forum from posts that break the rules.

I can push this idea further to the staff for it to be discussed. I’ve only come into here to ask for posts that were going off topic to be deleted as they weren’t contributive. (From both sides.)

20. Manoko

Basic Bitch Cult
    From past experience I would rather someone else speak on my behalf instead of me directly approaching, thank you for the suggestion however.

Of course this is between moderators and I don’t find this particular issue necessarily interesting to discuss, I just believed it was a bit wrong to repetitively bring up an issue, especially in accusatory manners, despite the concern have being answered by a moderator.

I hope you will come up with a mutual agreement, best of luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.