Netizens react to reports that YG is running into issues trying to renew CL's contract

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by drifter, Nov 7, 2019.

1. drifter

drifter Trendsetter

Currency:
    Drifting
    NorthToSouth-No MoneyInPocket, 2 Balls In MyPants
    Netizens react to reports that YG is running into issues trying to renew CL's contract
    7 Nov 2019
    dailynaver.blogspot.com

[​IMG]

YG Entertainment has released an official statement regarding CL's contract renewal.

Amid reports that CL will be leaving YG, an official from YG told Sports Donga on the 7th, "we're still discussing contract renewals. We haven't made any decisions yet regarding future plans."

YG is reportedly running into issues trying to renew CL's contract because of CL's long hiatus causing friction with the agency. In particular, CL took a shot at Yang Hyun Suk last year on social media drawing attention. There's been rumors that CL has been excluded from the comeback lineup several times.

According to reports, CL is hoping to leave YG and start anew at another agency.

CL made her debut in 2009 with 2NE1 and renewed her contract with YG as a solo artist when the team disbanded in 2016.

[​IMG]
    1. 1. [+436, -12] Yang Hyun Suk will regret losing CL for the rest of his life. She's good at singing, rap, dance and has a presence like she was born for the stage. I can't believe they blew years of her life like that.
    2. 2. [+324, -6] If YG has any shame left they'd let her go. They spent her peak years on the backburner while desperately clinging onto Blackpink. Don't hold her back anymore. Go focus on your desperate Blackpink and let Sandara go too. YG is just an agency in name only they don't give their other artists any support. Have some shame and let her go.
    3. 3. [+109, -2] Lee Chaerin, let's walk the flower road from now on. This is just the beginning.
    4. 4. [+91, -5] Chaerin-ah, let's escape YG
    5. 5. [+57, -3] I don't know if they're on good terms anymore but just imagine the synergy if CL got back with the other members..
    6. 6. [+17, -3] Aigoo~Sandara should leave too and they can all reunite as 2NE1
    7. 7. [+17, -6] There's nothing to be gained by staying. What has YG done for her all this time other than betray her? Sandara needs to leave too so that they can reunite on stage again as four.
    8. 8. [+8, -1] If CL wants to be successful, she needs to leave that pharmacy! She's so talented. All the fans know that Yang ba$tard was the one holding her back in her career..
    9. 9. [+8, -1] How many years has she been holed up in there? Minzy left and went to another agency and she's been on TV more than her! It's not like she was the one accused of being a druggie so why isn't she on TV and making her solo debut? What was YG doing that whole time???
    10. 10. [+3, -1] Don't mess with her career anymore and just let her go~

NaomiBlue and bamboozled_61 like this.
  2. Kouss

Kouss Super Rookie

Currency:
    LOL. YG sounds surprised they are surprised CL wants to stay. Imagine screwing over one of your artists for years, then begging them to stay so you can screw them over more.

If CL stays, shes an idiots and she deserves to be nugu.

3. Haolat

Haolat Idol

Currency:
    Yoo Young Jin fan
    why the fuck are they planning to renew her contract if they won't let her release music?

4. keyboardwarrior7

Currency:
    Wtf, lmao.

Why do they want to keep her when they won't even let her have a comeback?! Does that make any damn sense!? At all?

What, lol!? You won't even let her release music!? What's the point of keeping her!? Is it royalties? She must still be bringing in money from somewhere.

5. WimbledonSW19

WimbledonSW19 Super Rookie

Currency:
    WTF HOW MUCH MORE YG WANTS TO DESTROY CL?!

clio22 likes this.
  6. littlemissnoname

littlemissnoname Super Rookie

Currency:
    If by any chance CL stays, she's legit the dumbest human being alive. I

But I'm still hoping she's not that dumb

7. EvelynNesbit

EvelynNesbit Celebrity

Currency:
    Leave CL please... She deserves better... Hopefully bp leaves too when their contract ends

clio22 likes this.
  8. KookievsCookie

KookievsCookie Trendsetter

Currency:
    G- Dragon's first love. Jungkook's last love.
    1. 1. [+436, -12] Yang Hyun Suk will regret losing CL for the rest of his life. She's good at singing, rap, dance and has a presence like she was born for the stage. I can't believe they blew years of her life like that.
    And suddenly netizen‘s know how talent CL is. Before these news they loved to makes fun of here. You really can‘t trust their comments.

I hope CL will leave YG. Why should she stay there ? YG does nothing for her and I‘m sure a new company will mean a new start for her. She is talented. She just needs someone’s who isn’t blind like YG and sees it.

9. clio22

clio22 Public Figure

Currency:
    I seriously don't get why he wants her to stay since he has no plan to make her comeback.
    She better leave

10. harambeisalive

harambeisalive Super Rookie

Currency:
    I don't get why either side want to renew.

YG don't promote her or let her make music so they don't profit from her, she doesn't promote or get to make music under YG so her career is wasted. No one benefits.

11. Redan

Redan Public Figure

Currency:
    Lazy student
    Clinging onto Blackpink?
    Some of these people must be ignorant Blackpink Haters because they obviously have zero clue when it comes to BP-YG.
    Idiots. :rolleyes:

I hope CL won't renew her contract. YG treats his female artists like crap and they all should leave him.

chuusaintyves likes this.
  12. doubleOh7

doubleOh7 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Comment number 2 is sending me
    Go focus on your desperate Blackpink and let Sandara go too.” :teeheek:
    They know they wrong for this

13. whateverwonwoo

whateverwonwoo Public Figure

Currency:
    at this rate yg just wants to renew so they can control her and make sure she can't expose them/actually do something with her life

14. chuusaintyves

chuusaintyves Trendsetter

Currency:
    Jennie's Slave
    can she finally just leave??? i'm so tired of this sh*t. if she renews at this point her whiney fans need to stfu

Redan likes this.
  15. newnick09

newnick09 Newbie

Currency:
    I never understood what point for YG to have solo artists Cl, Lee Hi and even akmu. They sold like 10k albums and don't bring big cash to him anyway. This gay care only about money. So than the point to hold them? I don't get it.

Catlover2394 likes this.