Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Netizens Argue That YG Is No Longer Part Of “The Big 3”, Here’s Why

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Onion_Rings, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Onion_Rings

Onion_Rings Artist

By Koreaboo.

According to the netizen, YG Entertainment was included in the top 3 entertainment companies thanks to BIGBANG and G-Dragon, but now that most of the members have been enlisted in the army, that is no longer the case.

The company has been tainted with numerous issues of drugs and corruption, and their songwriters are not able to produce various styles of music like other entertainment companies.

Moreover, the netizen argued that iKON and WINNER‘s popularity are far behind BTS, EXO, SEVENTEEN and Wanna One.

“iKON and WINNER who are the next generation of BIGBANG can’t even enter the music charts as Top 10. They fail behind BTS, EXO, SEVENTEEN, Wanna One and more.” — Netizen

BLACKPINK has also yet to meet 2NE1‘s success in their eyes. TWICE, Red Velvet, MAMAMOO and GFRIEND are considered more of a household name than BLACKPINK.

The netizen continued that Yang Hyun Suk runs the company without thorough planning and therefore, iKON, WINNER and BLACKPINK will fail if this continues.

Many netizens disagreed with most of the information that was stated.

• “You say WINNER and iKON can’t rank in the Top 10 but fyi they’re in the Top2~^^”
    • “Don’t think this person looks at the charts”
    • “I’m sorry, but please go look at the Melon chart and come back~”
    The one thing they did agree on, however, was Yang Hyun Suk’s strange method of running his company.

• “Everything else is fine but I can’t understand Yang Hyun Suk’s way of managing the company sometimes”
    • “His management method is a little weird considering they’re one of the big 3…but the artists are really great…”
    • “The achievement of the artists are all okay but the CEO is a problem…Yang Hyun Suk…”
    ---------------------------------------------

Despite disliking Koreaboo, this article is rather interesting.

I agree with the netizens who disagreed lol. YG (especially BIGBANG) made too much of an impact, and their artists are really well received by the public.

"Their songs don't even hit top 10". Wow. Love Scenario totally didn't hit a PAK and WINNER totally didn't get a CAK. If we're talking about general public, YG artists are chilling... but the same can't be said about YG himself.

At this point, everybody knows the CEO is the main problem. If it wasn't for the fact that most of his artists produce their own work, I can guarantee this company would fall of the Big 3 really quickly. Heck, I dare to say they wouldn't make into the top 3.

I'm not sure if he's abusing the acclaim and respect his company has, or if he's just being a complete dick. Honestly, I'd believe both.

2. katahtattat

yg consistently charts high on the most relevant charts with the most musically diverse artists amongst major kpop companies. The business regularly records a strong net profit. i don't think most kpop fans realize how business works

3. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Entertainer

I agree with all of that except for the musically diverse part. I think they have a very specific style.

Taetties, Jiyook, Fictionous and 10 others like this.
  4. trashy26

trashy26 Artist

let me guess yg is no longer part of big 3 and bighit got its place right ?

5. the_suddenlykfan

What?! certainly, Ikon and Winner do not have as much fandom as the other groups mentioned but to say they can't top the charts is ridiculous.
    On the other hand, it is true that YGE is falling behind SME and JYP but not enough to lose its spot as Big3.

6. jagerjack

jagerjack Artist

I am sure those people meant album charts tho.

sonemariam and Onion_Rings like this.
  7. L_catzzz

L_catzzz Artist

Nope. People just don't realize how YG works. Just YG.

Onewbunny and JeanaKJY like this.
  8. grassknives

grassknives Entertainer

mowing the lawn
    The question then becomes, who would replace YG? Pledis or Cube are the only ones that could do it.

Onion_Rings likes this.
  9. katahtattat

i don't think groups like akmu, epik high, or psy really share a specific style

10. southclubstan

Going to YG's building with a knife
    yg doesn't even have flops.the only artist from yg who didn't do well compared to others was one who only had 2 songs and one comeback so we can't judge really judge him from that. Winner,iKON and bp do well in the charts.Sech kies are really popular and sell songs really well too.Lee hi is working on an album and both of her previous albums were really successful specially 1234 and breathe.Epik high slayed the charts last year.Hyukoh do so well on charts and really popular despite being an indie group.Psy's both songs downloaded over 1 million last year and both of the dances went viral.Akmu is really successful too but suhyun is probably gonna stay umemployed till chanhyuk comes

#10 southclubstan, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  11. Leonidas_I

Leonidas_I Artist

LOL this is hilarious.

Not very many boy groups can pull the digital success that iKON and WINNER do. Really Really was the best selling idol song of 2017, My Type was a huge hit, and let's not forget the recent successes of Love Scenario and Everyday.

iKON and WINNER may not be as strong as the other mentioned groups in physicals, but they have the digial advantage and huge public recognition.

Saying that iKON and WINNER are not popular is delusional.

#11 Leonidas_I, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  12. drakan

drakan Artist

YG is still big 3, but they don't operate like a big 3.

13. jhing1123

jhing1123 Super Rookie

I stan YGE groups
    YGE may have difficulty handling the company now that his biggest moneymakers are in the army( ex:HGHGRND getting close) but I know they won't lose their spot in the big3. And I dunno why netizens are blaming Yang Hyunsuk for everything cause his brother Yang minsuk is the CEO

14. jhing1123

jhing1123 Super Rookie

I stan YGE groups
    TRUE!!! LMAO smaller companies tend to have more frequent comebacks than YGE :angryr::angryr:

purnhub likes this.
  15. choi_yuna_bias

Meh that netizen doesn't even know YG if he/she thinks that Blackpink, Winner and Ikon don't do well on the charts lmao. They're all far from their sunbaes but to discredit their achievements just because they couldn't do as well as their seniors is just stupid. There's a reason why people seem to have the notion that the public will just eat up whatever song YG throws at them even though they also have flops and songs underperforming. It's because they top charts most of the time. Load of ignorance and delulu crap. Who's gonna replace YG? Bighit?

What I do agree is that YG's management is weird lol

16. FTJ

FTJ Super Rookie

In-house Music has always been YG's strong point.

lizvip, L_catzzz, gdhimu and 3 others like this.
  17. crispina_aguiler

fuck
    YG is still big three imo, but lags behind JYP and SM
    All of their groups except BLACKPINK have a relatively small fandom. They're successful, but could do a lot better.
    BP have a huge international fandom, but aren't well known in SK.
    YG just needs to focus on the groups they have now and giving them timely comebacks

18. Plushieless

Plushieless Artist

I don't know if YG's management is either stupid or strangely brillant lol

19. kennricky

kennricky Super Rookie

"Their songwriters are not able to produce various styles of music like other entertainment companies."

It is obvious that the writer has a extremely bad taste in music.
    YG is the only one who still insist to produce real music instead of trash songs.

20. TDiamond

TDiamond Artist

Its not hard to guess the group whoever that wrote this stans....