NCT Taeyong (you don't know idols)

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Kouss, Oct 12, 2019 at 8:03 PM.

1. Kouss

Kouss Super Rookie

I think this whole thing has been somewhat shocking for NCT fans. I know there was reports of bullying before, but people get smeared all the time and the leader/center/visual of the top entertainment group in Korea getting smeared isn't that hard to believe.

The thing I'm gonna take away from all this is that WE truly don't know idols or who they are/were. Anybody who watches any NCT vlogs or variety are usually surprised by Taeyong's personality. He seems so cool and confident on stage, but does not come of that way at all in front of cameras. Taeyong is very goofy, shy sometimes, and doesn't really have the confidence and composure to be a leader imo. Someone like Johnny or Taeil seemed way more suited to lead. And i think we as a community need to realize that those who get into kpop usually come from wealthy families and are good looking (characteristics of bullies in school, who pick on those who look weird or are poor), so honestly we should assume more Idols were bullies in school. I never defended him or defend anyone who that matter cause I'm not crazy enough to think I know everything, but its been a interesting news story. People do change and I used to bully people in elementary school, and i wouldn't want that to follow me forever, so I feel for Taeyong.

Shoutouts to SM for dealing with the story tho. NCT is popular enough where SM could have easily ignored it. Its not like they need public opinion to be on their side that much anymore and the story wasn't scandalous enough to cause huge public outcry against them.

Thanks for coming to me TED TALK on fans thinking their know idols when we don't.

plskillme, Danhoney and keyboard like this.
  2. thankyou808

thankyou808 Newbie

True no one knows idols. Taeyong could be nice on video but a complete and total scumbag behind the scenes

3. ItsMilly43

ItsMilly43 ✧༺♥༻✧

I still think it's surprising, after everything that's gone on with celebrities all over the world, that people still buy into the persona they display on camera.

You're on camera in front of thousands of people, of course you're going to try to be on your best behaviour all the time.

Keeper, Danhoney, HyungHunter and 7 others like this.
  4. Teshubs_Irene

Teshubs_Irene Leader

There were also rumors of him being with Yeri while she was underage but he wasn't

certified_1 and looneyjoons like this.
  5. princesslia20

princesslia20 Rookie

Wait was it confirmed??

6. katahtattat

idols don't just focus on singing and dancing while training. they learn their character too.

7. looneyjoons

looneyjoons Public Figure

I guess so
    He went to the person he bullied and apologized

8. looneyjoons

looneyjoons Public Figure

Damn.. that's true. I think it's natural to fake a nice personality infront of the camera, we just really don't know.

As bad as his past is, I don't want to hold it against him as we all are pretty immature in our teens especially our early teens. What he did was really wrong, and even traumatizing to the person who got bullied but come on.. he was 12. He probably learned from his mistakes. Especially as a trainee who probably dealt with HARSH criticism and circumstances.

I'm glad he apologized, that's all he can do now. I hope he is a changed person now and learns to make better choices. But at the end of the day, we know nothing.

Isarah1 and clio22 like this.
  9. cp26

cp26 Married to @Jimimi17

Jimimi17's trophy wife
    This is based on a tabloid

The thing that he allegedly wrote on a yearbook or whatever even had someone else's name signed below? can't find a picture but yeah

As far as I know SM has not released an official statement and if they did it certainly wouldn't be through... wikitree... right?

Multi_Smile and Drawer like this.
  10. cp26

cp26 Married to @Jimimi17

Jimimi17's trophy wife
    Not defending him in case any of it is true, even if it is though 10 years is a long time and people change drastically after/during puberty and I'm sure he's grown ever since,,, we all made mistakes when we were younger, I certainly know I did

MyJohNnnY, Multi_Smile and clio22 like this.
  11. lita-a

lita-a Trainee

reason why I don't waste my time arguing with the type of fans who believe their idols are angels on earth, they have a certain kind of image to follow

Multi_Smile and Danhoney like this.
  12. princesslia20

princesslia20 Rookie

honestly i think kpop idols don't show their full personality but even if they do they would still get judged and besides wikitree??

13. Drawer

Drawer Trainee

This wasn’t confirmed either. Literally, nothing has been confirmed.

looneyjoons and Multi_Smile like this.
  14. certified_1

certified_1 Trendsetter

TBH when I was 12 all I cared about was dragon ball z episodes every week and also how to cook tasty food and most importantly how to bake properly lol.

Let's just forget what he did in past and open our arms and cancel him with a beautiful smile.
    乁 ˘ o ˘ ㄏ

Njiah likes this.
  15. clio22

clio22 Super Rookie

Idols are not angel they are human and they have flaws and unpleasant sides like everyone.
    Those fact happened more than 10 years ago, he was 12, he apologized multiple times already and now even in front of the person, it's time to move on, he is working hard to be a better person and it not fair to keep on hunting him on things he did as a 12 year old.

Multi_Smile, Isarah1 and Bomeunie like this.
  16. clio22

clio22 Super Rookie

How can you cancel him if you never liked him to begin with?

17. certified_1

certified_1 Trendsetter

I was kidding mate.

18. AxelFox16

AxelFox16 Rookie

You lost me at 'NCT is popular enough' :angryr:

GURL they done nothing but FLOP ever since they debuted. And all these scandals coming from Tayeong is just further proof they ain't gonna happen despite how hard SM is trying to shove him down everyone's throats.

19. Theo35

Theo35 Celebrity

oh mes is 100% reliable

20. Drawer

Drawer Trainee

Ohmes is not a Reporter. She’s a translator. She translated it because wikitree claims SME gave them a statement and yet SME themselves haven’t even posted this same statement on their own social media account where people are most likely to see it. Apart from wikitree, no other news site anywhere on Naver has even remotely mentioned a statement from sme, doesn’t that strike you as odd?

Isarah1 likes this.