Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

NCT still FLOPPING even after all this hype

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by jack555, Mar 17, 2018.

1. jack555

jack555 Rookie

so you know the hype around NCT with their so called 18 members comeback. but so far, they are flopping. it has to be said. for SM standard, they are a failed group. its 2 years after their debut, they should've at least reach top 3 by now, but even at boy group ranks they cannot beat wanna one, exo and bts.. even after THAT many MVs.

#1 jack555, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    mangastar94 and WHY_SO_SERIOUS17 like this.
  2. LeeriaYa

LeeriaYa Artist

They debuted in 2016. Give them time. Stop expecting high expectations from only two years. They have time and I’ll give them it and support them. Don’t call them flops. Exo was considered SM’s failure and now look.

3. ARMY_Princess

ARMY_Princess Artist

There are way too many members. It's confusing. I think they should put focus onto one group and forget the others, honestly. I'm not a fan though, and I know the current fans would hate that seeing as other members wouldn't get what they deserved, but SM fucked up big time by making this many subgroups, sections, etc. It's just fucking confusing tbh, not evena like JPOP groups that have subgroups and graduations and such. NCT is just overall confusing as hell. Maybe if they go ahead and do the 18 member comeback for a bit then it'd make more sense. Promote them together as just NCT and let the public grow on them, maybe. EXO had 12 members and I fucking loved them all, and I think originally SVT was supposed to have 17 members so, let's see how this will go.

LivCS, naninaninan, ypmonce and 2 others like this.
  4. crowboy

crowboy Star

5. Shellfish_Beach

Damn, if this if flopping then the rest of the male bgs from 2016 would LOVE to flop this hard

6. jack555

jack555 Rookie

seriously sometimes i really think SM is done, they don't have the vision for this group its sad. you make a group, if it no longer popular then you make another group. its much better than having 1 group with infinite members

7. Sehuns_lines

sm is smarter than you.

If sm does something it will be successful

just wait

8. pristineee

pristineee Artist

lol you all wish your faves could flop like nct

9. Qricket

Qricket Artist

I think your expectations are set too high. More popular than BTS and EXO? The two most popular groups atm? Not gonna happen. Wanna One is the only realistic goal, and they're just a temp. group.

NCT is doing fine for group standards. Maybe not SM standards, but it's silly to think that SM is failing when one of their groups isn't as successful as past groups; NCT is still bringing in an amount of money that plenty of smaller company groups would love to make. As far as I'm concerned, all NCT is missing is a "signature sound". The sub unit system is confusing, and SM should probably dedicate a website about the members of NCT and who belongs to which group, who has solos, etc. That, and some more variety appearances should help them more. Maybe they should stream on V Live more.

10. smhitzvictoria

11. ARMY_Princess

ARMY_Princess Artist

I don't think they have to make a whole nother group.. they just need to fix this one so it's not so confusing. Seriously. You can't get a group popular if people can't even connect with them or learn their names. They need to promote as 18 for a while and allow everyone to get to know them. They also need to stop adding all of their random trainees that they don't know what to do with into the group. It's time to close NCT and polish her up.

lighterxx likes this.
  12. lighterxx

lighterxx Legend

they dont sell badly, i dont think they will rise to extremes but i certainly wouldnt call them flop, i just would say there is small percentage they would enter top 3

d0_kyunqso, woase, SweetMoon and 2 others like this.
  13. SunnySun

SunnySun Entertainer

lol what flop? they have 200k pre-orders and sold almost 80k in 3 days, this is like top 6 already for boy group in album sales and they are not even 2 years old group

People need to stop using flop at everything this days, the word become kinda useless

14. zedi

zedi Artist

i remember when people said that Red Velvet is flopping but look at them now so NCT
    NCT topped 18 Itunes stores worldwide
    with this album so if they keep up they will do better in the west more than Korea just like Red Velvet

15. SHKPOPFAN

SHKPOPFAN Entertainer

Why does everyone puts BTS , EXO fame on the throat of any group that Big3 debut seriously . People should know it takes time . BTS took 5 years to be here what they are today remember that .

16. iloovey94

iloovey94 Artist

lol no they are not. sure their digitals is not that good but they’re selling very well (200k preorder on gaon if i’m not mistaken) and their fanbase is gettig bigger and bigger domestically and especially internationally. i would say they are in the same range with seventeen and monsta x in terms of international popularity.

they are atleast middle tier now. and they’re definitely not flopping

17. pristineee

pristineee Artist

LMFAO what do you think they're doing right now? actually know about what you're saying before you say it please ~

18. lighterxx

lighterxx Legend

she is saying they should continue like this, like this last cb

ARMY_Princess likes this.
  19. meanietrash

meanietrash Super Rookie

what are you basing your info off lmao

Redvelvetinfires likes this.
  20. Rhea91

Rhea91 Artist

This album could have been the turning point for NCT. But I felt it mainly pushed a certain members while neglecting others. This album could have brought NCT as one, but SM still kept the unit concept for songs in the album.

As @ARMY_Princess said, they should continue with these 18 members and not add any more. But I think with more units coming up, SM is going to end up adding more members.

I personally feel that a group should develop their musical colour. I'm not talking about concepts or genres but a musical identity. But whether it is possible with NCT is another question.

For now, they are in no way flops. But no one can judge their future growth. I believe it all depends on how SM manages NCT.

d0_kyunqso and ARMY_Princess like this.