Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Nct Dream and Nct 127

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by sonemariam, Mar 13, 2018.

1. sonemariam

sonemariam Trendsetter

I feel like SM exchanged concepts for these two groups.

Go suits 127 and is more of their style. And touch is definitely a song that'd fit Dream.

Dream matured so fast and owned the Go concept meanwhile, 127 is too relaxed in Touch.

Who agrees with me?

2. InfiresRedAngel

InfiresRedAngel Notable

Theorist, Activist
    Finally someone who thinks along the same lines.... yes, I was actually really surprised with Touch, and even though I like it, I'm not sure whether I like it for 127......

sonemariam likes this.
  3. d0_kyunqso

d0_kyunqso Rookie

yeah they did but i LOOOOOOOOOOVED touch i'm always so hyped for soft/cute/upbeat concepts and i think 127 did it sooo well

i'm just sad that winwin and johnny didn't really have lines

SweetMoon and sonemariam like this.
  4. sonemariam

sonemariam Trendsetter

It's too different for a group that debuted as more of a hip-hop group. Well they have strong vocals that suit the song anyways.

InfiresRedAngel likes this.
  5. sonemariam

sonemariam Trendsetter

Winwin and Johnny never have lines. And Doyoung is so daddy af. Yuta got lines too.

6. LeeriaYa

LeeriaYa Celebrity

*(•,•)* Supporting Seventeen
    It’s actually a trick. It’s to generate more hype by giving a group you wouldn’t expect that concept from. Dream is known for the cute concepts,soft concept and them using the fact they have younger facial features,but dramatically having them do a more mature concept and changing a style of their usual songs. 127 is known for the Hip-Hop concept,and usually the fact they use the Angst concept. It’s considered a darker concept for Groups. Some of the members participated in NCT U with the angst(Mature) concept. They also use retro,such as when they did Cherry Bomb and FireTruck. You’ll talk about them more when they completley do a change up of concepts they’ve been using for years. It’s a tactic to draw more attention to the comeback because 18 of the members will be doing the same concept when they premiere it’s kinda a throw off game. It’s showing different concepts work for the units of NCT. No matter what they sound like,or look like.

7. the3rdtWin

the3rdtWin Public Figure

INNEReVeLINKOrbit, all around kpop/r&b fanbrotha
    While i was a bit shocked at Dream's direction in "Go", i did enjoy it. Like op mentioned, they owned it + executed it well.

When i saw the teaser for "Touch", i wasn't surprised by them having a more light hearted concept though. I was just shocked at good + groovy the song sounded. Okay, that + them showing the cheery side of their charm (which look pretty damn cool.).

Maybe its the fact that this concept/style is being used with a title track that got some people thinking that its out the box for 127. However, they have had songs that they incorporated brighter feels + visuals versus their usual darker or aggressive themes + they took to it well. does anyone remember this from their 1st mini album?

sonemariam likes this.
  8. sonemariam

sonemariam Trendsetter

Honestly it doesn't really matter because all groups own the songs and concepts regardless of how different they are.

I love Nct even more so I guess it's working like SM wants it to be.

the3rdtWin likes this.
  9. sonemariam

sonemariam Trendsetter

True it's a very smart trick and I feel like it's working on me, I don't know about other people. Is it working on you too? LOL!

LeeriaYa likes this.
  10. Icy68446

Icy68446 Married to @kddicted

♡ A Softie ♡
    Hm I loved both concepts but dreamies singing "baby touch me" o . O

sonemariam likes this.
  11. LeeriaYa

LeeriaYa Celebrity

*(•,•)* Supporting Seventeen
    It diddd. I’m still not entirely feeling Dream’s Go,and look. But,I did like touch. I was talking about it for awhile with my friends.

sonemariam likes this.
  12. sonemariam

sonemariam Trendsetter

I knowwwwww! It's just that the concept suits their style but definitely not the lyrics.

Icy68446 likes this.
  13. sonemariam

sonemariam Trendsetter

Touch is a masterpiece. Dream scream so much in Go but it's a pretty positive and uplifting song. Meanwhile, Touch gets you all pervy if that's even a word. They look like sweet teenage pervs in some scenes. Lol!

LeeriaYa likes this.
  14. Icy68446

Icy68446 Married to @kddicted

♡ A Softie ♡
    Ah yeah, that concept would fit well I agree :D

sonemariam likes this.
  15. the3rdtWin

the3rdtWin Public Figure

INNEReVeLINKOrbit, all around kpop/r&b fanbrotha
    I feel what you're saying. Its a good move + it seem to be drawing more people in. plus it helps the units not get stuck in a 1 dimensional concept box.

I have to give it to them, nct is doing their thing. "Touch" is a favorite song of 2018 + im ready to get the album.

sonemariam likes this.
  16. sonemariam

sonemariam Trendsetter

Same here.

17. fluffytaejiyong

fluffytaejiyong Trainee

Student
    DREAM did mature fast, but I think it sort of fits. The majority of their group is going to be 18 this year [Renjun, Jeno, Haechan, Jaemin are all turning 18, with Renjun very soon] so them being bubblegum soft boys wouldn't exactly fit, at least in my opinion. Though they could have aged the group concept wise slower, I think where they are right now is good.

I found their concept to be more like, we're teenagers now, and soon to be young adults so we're going to go out and be hooligans, party, and be less of kids. I like it, but it took me a second to to be honest.